Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 am
Greetings again fellow Culties!

Today's review focuses on mushrooms. Namely meteor-enhanced mushrooms. Meteor-enhanced mushrooms that form tribes and use weapons made of things we humans normally just toss away.

Our review is:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

Before I get into the nitty gritty, just imagine if you will.

THIS.

Pretend you live in this world. This amazing world and everyone here's underfoot like a ********. Thankfully, there arent any humans to squash you. Although...

Lots of mutated animals are out to hunt you. Everything from the above rabbits (which are incredibly fun to kill), roaches, spiders, opossum, and all manner of rodents. Even fellow mushrooms want to fight you.

The game features great humor. I got cheap laughs with almost everything. Whenever you're about to kill a rabbit, the camera pans to the vines you're helping (play the game 8D ), and they subsequently roll their eyes, as the fur flies. I dont mean to rhyme, I seem to do it all the time.

Your character, Pax, is the last of his kind (The bolete mushroom tribe), and is just seeking to make his fortune. During the course of the game his objective is to take a meteorite to the people who wound up taking him in.

As you can see, this doesnt happen.

The weapons are homebrewed, made of anything from jacks, to pens, pencils, laser pointers. You can make any traditional melee weapon you can imagine, and awesome (named 'radical' ) weapons. Anything from the Saw Staff, to my personal favorite, FLAMETHROWER. That's right. You can kill things in here. KILL THEM WITH FIRE!

The visuals in this game are top notch. You will find yourself looking around from a different perspective. The perspective of something two inches off of the ground.

All that, and not even to the main idea of this game - the platforming. This game is very much a platformer. You will find yourself jumping a lot. That, and minigames. Lots and lots of minigames. There's this DRNKY KRNG style jump over the eggs, and ... well ... this:

You use your Sporekinesis (Like TK, but with the word 'spore' in it) to move around the letters and dominoes.

All in all, you will spend time enjoying the graphics, bemoaning the controls, and loving the story. The story of Pax, the last Bolete Tribe Mushroom.

Godspeed, little Pax. Godspeed. <3

(PS. I give it a 7. Great graphics once again do not sell a game. The story is also top notch, but controls do take away at times.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 am
Well I pretty much knew all of this information already. :XP: What would you give the game? I mean, does it get repetitive, how's the music, how are the controls, etc.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 am
TL;DR VERSION

Controls - Awkard at times, but not something gamebreaking.

Repetition - None at all. There's different ways to do everything. Except boss battles, but every boss is different, if that helps

Music - It was done by someone from Primus. Make up your own judgment.

Graphics - Amazing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:11 pm
Decavolty
TL;DR VERSION

Controls - Awkard at times, but not something gamebreaking.

Repetition - None at all. There's different ways to do everything. Except boss battles, but every boss is different, if that helps

Music - It was done by someone from Primus. Make up your own judgment.

Graphics - Amazing.
I can already tell what the music would feel like.

Crazy Cray

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff