Reply Role Play, story maker, ... ~ ♥
Master Strategist Kess teaching class. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistresse Bun Twig TagTag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 am
Maybe that help you Master Strategist Kess my friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 am
Kess walks up to the front of the class, looking at the people in the seats of the auditorium. "A little more empty than I'm use to, but I work with that which I have. Anyway, I suppose this may help. Who is in the class, and what would you need help with? I'll take over from there."  

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:04 am
"Just some people that want to learn from a great teacher that you are!"
Bun gave a list of people that in the class. "I hope you as good as you reputation says you are." Bun go sit and let Kess talk to the class.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 am
"Heh...let's hope so indeed," he smiles wide, then quickly becomes serious. "To learn in this class one needs more experience than theory. In fiction, which role playing ultimately is, there are five core elements: setting, character, plot, theme, and style. Setting is what the storyteller creates in order to start a role play. In this case the setting would be an auditorium, where I am the teacher, and others are my adoring students." Kess looked around for laughter. Receiving none, Kess smiles politely, "Well, at least my students, yes?"

He straightened his tie and continued, "Without a setting nothing else matters. You can't have characters, a plot, or anything else, because you don't know where you are. If you create a space ranger, but the story takes place in the 1600s where you're suppose to have sword, then you're character doesn't matter. Hence, setting is important.

"When thinking about a setting you want to keep in mind the abilities that are present. You also want to know if it's past, present, or future, even if it takes place somewhere else. Do they use swords, guns, telekinesis, what are the abilities? This tells a lot about the setting. As for location, you may just say it's a city, countryside, or hell. You can be as general or specific as you want as far as that is concerned.

"So, with that, here is a model. My setting is New York City in 2002. There is actually a lot that has happened since then. Just look at who is President of the United States, 9/11 had just happened so America is still reeling from it, video games were almost two generations behind what they are now. The Xbox and Playstation 2 are brand new. By placing it in 2002, a surprising lot has been altered.

"I also inform you crime rates are up. Drug trade is stronger, murder and rape are more common, and corrupt cops are common place. The virtuous die young, or become discredited. Now you understand a crime of life is not uncommon. Finally I tell there is a secret society of vampires, and you're one of them. At this point you understand I expect you to make a modern night vampire in a world that's darker than our own. Likely, vampires are the reason the world sucks so much more than normal.

"Now I want you to make a setting. It can be as specific or vague as you want, but I have to understand what kind of character I could create."  

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 am
Bun thought about setting stuff. "is it good of setting if I says my setting is Middle Ages in a little village. The citizen were doing a rebellion again the injustice in with they were. they had some weapon like sword and arc hiding in the village. The king of this place is the cause of the suffering of his kingdom because he took all the food and kill a lot of innocent people just for his own enjoyment." Bun looked at Kess to see if she got it right.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:11 pm
Kess nodded. "Emphasize the kingdom. What's the name of it? Who is the king? Are there rumors as to why the King is a tyrant?

"As an example, in New York City there is a leader called the Prince. Prince Mike has ruled the city some time, but he is afraid of a coup, so he keeps strict reigns on all those around him. Others fear him, as the slightest display of disloyalty will lead to death. You don't have to detail weapons. By saying middle ages, we know the basic technological parameters."  

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm
"My setting is Middle Ages in a little village. The citizen were doing a rebellion again the injustice in with they were. The king of this place,the king is named Azrul, is the cause of the suffering of his kingdom, the kingdom is call Otakupa, because he took all the food and kill a lot of innocent people just for his own enjoyment. We heard a rumors that the king enjoy watch other people suffer. That is better mister Kess?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 pm
"Excellent, Mistress. Now let's look into character. Until you get better at role playing, the chances are you'll not have to worry too much with setting except to interact with it. Your character is your way of interacting with the setting, and the rest of the elements of the story." Kess thought for a moment, "Honestly, character is the only thing you'll actually create as a player.

"Anyway, a character is your persona in the world. It can be whatever gender you wish. They can have whatever past you desire, as long as it coincides with the setting. They should have hopes, dreams, and aspirations like any person, and they should have a past life, just like any real person.

"New York City has a Prince, Mike. Mike was an immigrant from Ireland during the potato famines of the 1800s. He was in his 40s, and he was trying to provide for his children and his wife. They had to go to France in order to change citizenship. There his wife died of hunger, along with the child in her belly. When he arrived in New York City, he attempted to get into some companies, and soon he had his own company going, a small grocery. By the time he was 55 his business was on every corner of Brooklyn due to a business savvy he didn't realize he had. His children continued the business while he retired. Due to his business abilities, a vampire took note of him and Embraced him into the Ventrue clan, a business based clan of vampires. The man faked his death at 60 when he joined their ranks, and he still runs the company through his great great great grandchildren in 2002, along with several banks. He became Prince when the former Prince died, and he was the most impartial individual in the group, always looking out for the good of others. He hopes to make New York City safe for Kindred (vampires) and kine (mortals) alike, dropping crime as much as possible, and creating as many jobs as possible.

"He now exists as a unique entity with his own goals, desires, and abilities. He has a past, a present, and a future. He's ready to play. Now, using the New York setting, create a character as best you can. I left some details out, but I will help you fill them in when possible. This character will be altered a lot as we go through the steps."  

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm
"New York City a lonely girl, she have no home, no work, she just wondering around. Her name is Bun she the last one of her family that survive a attack of vampire she not sure how but when she woke up that days everyone was day except her. she don't know what the future will have in mind for her but she follow the road in hope of find a place to call home. " Bun Think about the character. "is this ok for now?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:38 am
Jephrey enter the auditorium "Excuse I'm late did i miss anything?" Jephrey look at Bun. "character is where you at OK so i have to do a character with what the teacher says" Jephrey thought about it " My character in that setting would be a girl with brown hair living in New York city where Vampire and Mortal are living at the same place. So my character could be a Vampire or a Mortal depend on with a choose or the one who did the setting make choose so her I have to choose Vampire since the Setting talking more about them of Mortal if I'm correct. so this should sound like this. Jephrey a girl of 5 year old born of a mother mortal and a father that is A vampire. Jephrey live in the city of New York city where is not alway peaceful to be a half-vampire half-mortal. Her parent and her past most of the time hiding from other people. Jephrey dream to become a technician a dream that no one can tell if it going to happen or not. so it follow the setting I'm in New York city and my character is related to Vampire and Mortal."Jephrey went sit in front of the teacher.  

Mistresse Jephrey

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm
"Twig, how old is she? Also, she has to do something to survive. How long ago was her family attacked? What does she look like? Is she hanging out with the homeless? What was her connection to her family before they died? What significance does their death have to her? What does she think of vampires? Does she even believe vampires did it? In this modern age of rationalization, she could just as likely claim that it was some serial killer. That's what the cops probably said. What happened when the cops arrived, and how did they treat the girl? Was she a suspect? Was she young enough for social services to take her into foster care? Did she get through high school/get her GED/go to college? In short, flesh her out more. Look at your own life, who you are, where you've been, and think about that for your character."

Kess looked up at Jephrey. "Uh, well...welcome. Anyway, in this setting, vampires don't age. They are undead, it only makes sense they stay the same age they were when turned. Becoming a technician would be a tall order for someone perpetually in the body of a five year old, but a goal is a goal. Also, you can't be born a vampire. You'd be a Dhampir, and only incredibly weak and disdained vampires can become this. We're going with a slight variation of the old mythos: you must be bitten. But in this you must be bitten, have the blood entirely drained of you, and then the Sire must give you a touch of blood back. Vampires and humans also don't live side by side. Vampires jealously guard their existence. Humans would freak out, and with humanity's mastery of fire and gear used for detection, it would only be a matter of time before the Kindred were brought to their knees. Unfortunately, I suppose I conjured the setting rather hastily and left out some of this information. But some of the information I've left out has been intentional for later purposes. Good luck, and try once more.

"Also, for both of you, work on physical descriptions. Get detailed. You're dead, it's not really changing. Happy hunting."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:07 pm
"New York City a lonely girl of 15 year old, she have no home, no work, she just wondering around. Trying to survive in the world that we know, finding food and drink in any place she can find them that are good to eat. Her name is Bun she the last one of her family that survive a attack of vampire 8 year ago. She not sure how but when she woke up that days everyone was day except her. she don't know what the future will have in mind for her but she follow the road in hope of find a place to call home. Bun have black hair and a white skin with burn on her faceand Scars. she wear a ninja outfit and alway with her friend tedy the black grizzly. She love her familly. Bun dont understand why some vampire drink blood and attack people. when the cop Arrive that days, Bun was gone since she run from the place because something hiding in the the shadow try to attack her. She was found when she was 10 by a vampire that was taking care of child that was surviver of the vampire attack. she at school at the moment since she only 15 year a secondairy 3."  

Mistresse Jephrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm
" Jephrey a girl of 5 year old. Jephrey live in the city of New York city where is not alway peaceful. Her parent and her past most of the time hiding from other people. Jephrey dream to become a technician a dream that no one can tell if it going to happen or not. Her parent don't know that when she was 4 Jephrey was biting in her sleep by a vampire that enter by the window her mom left open. Jephrey look like a 5 year old child event thought she just 4 year old. she love to wear blue cloth and red cape and a white hat, she got claw as weapon and got white skin with brown hair, she got a scar between her eye. she alway with her friend stunky the stunk."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 pm
"Okay, I'm not sure I'm the tutor you want. My style is more realistic and gritty. I like things being normal instead of fantastic, because it gives a sense of uncomfortable familiarity. You guys could currently find rpgs that are more fit for your tastes. There are a lot out there for people who want to be different from the world around them, and they usually exist at varying levels of literary ability. Both of you need to slow down a little in your posts, as you have several typos that should be avoided, but you're also both understandable in your writing, which is better than some role players out there.

"My suggestion is find rpgs that interest you and see what happens when you join them. Try some other things out. I'm not going to be a good tutor because what you're looking for is a role play style I don't get into. My apologies." sweatdrop  

Master Strategist Kess
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Mistresse Jephrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:00 am
" A style? I dont have Style needer does Bun we only write what we think could be a good charactere we dont know about style. We just got to much imagination that is all."  
Role Play, story maker, ... ~ ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff