Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Ruger, look what you've done! (Big picture)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll give you three guesses what that stuff is on that Ruger LCR. It's not steel, it's not aluminum, it's not scandium, it's polymer. Pol-y-mer.

It's like they said, "Hey, lets remove all the traditional awesomeness of a revolver, the only thing left in the gun world that's not polymer yet, and make it polymer!"

But it still looks kick-a** and I want one. Love the look of that cylinder. Saw it on the new copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine at the store I work at and had to buy it. Apparently Ruger's testing guys got bored waiting for the thing to rust (the metal parts) after a month of constant exposure to salt water. The finish on the aluminum stuff has a rockwell hardness like a metal file, and it fired 10,000 rounds of +P without a malfunction. Weight is 13 and a half ounces.

Discuss!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:34 am
What caliber is it? Because it looks tiny.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 am
Requiem6661
What caliber is it? Because it looks tiny.

It is chambered in .38 Special and is rated to handle +P ammunition.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 am
I honestly can't tell, how much of it is polymer?

Because if the cylinder is poly, I'd expect it to give a softer kB!, should the worst happen.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 am
Fresnel

Because if the cylinder is poly, I'd expect it to give a softer kB!, should the worst happen.

The cylinder is aluminum. The right part of the frame I know is polymer (the part to the right of that seam) and the part on the left might be. I'm not sure about the crane. The ejector rod is probably aluminum. The barrel is steel of course. I would see this kB!ing less than a Glock, I would think.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:35 am
ArmasTermin
Fresnel

The cylinder is aluminum. The right part of the frame I know is polymer (the part to the right of that seam) and the part on the left might be. I'm not sure about the crane. The ejector rod is probably aluminum. The barrel is steel of course. I would see this kB!ing less than a Glock, I would think.
It looks like the barrel and upper frame are one piece.

And while it may kB! less, all guns have the potential. Guns that go poof and turn into dust are better than guns that go KA-WHAM and turn into frag grenades.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:01 pm
The lack of a hammer is bugging me, but it looks seriously compact.

And hey, if polymer means it'll be that much more resilient to the elements, im all for it  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 pm
SIGs are still steel, grips aren't though.  

OberFeldwebel

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 pm
its... its... oddly beautiful. I dont know what to say...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:38 pm
Picked up an issue of Guns & Ammo, turns out the entire frame is made of polymer, though some of the internals are aluminum, and so is the chamber.  

Krilliad

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff