battle angel alita is definitely my favorite manga. if you like cyborgs, love, adventure, comedy, tragedy, sci fi, combat, and philosophy then you will love the battle angel alita series. there is an anime movie based on the first parts of the manga, but the manga stories are much better and more in depth. there is also a new james cameron movie being made based on the manga, its supposed to be live action/cgi with a new kind of 3D movie format used in it, so not only will it be an awesome story made into live action but it will also be a new kind of innovative form of 3D cinema. i personally am highly anticipating this movie and i cant wait to start seeing the previews for it... i hope that they do a good job and stick to the original manga story as much as they can because it is a story that would be a shame to alter... here are some pictures from the manga itself:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and here is an amv of a song i enjoy synced with clips from the battle angel anime movie(please note that i did not make this amv i only found it on youtube):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKC_uDSsLHw