Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:40 pm
Today's question to you is;

Do you have an alternate appearance?

I am assuming, since this is the "Got Goth Guild", that most individuals in this guild do not adhere to societies trends and notions of normality.

Assuming you look strikingly different than the majority, my question to you is do you have an alternate appearance for lets say these times you want to look like everyone else does for... lets say... a job interview?

Personally, I have an alternate appearance. I have a pair white socks, blue pants, beige shirt and shoes that arnt military boots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm
Hm. I have two distinctly separate styles, and while I've never thought about it before I do wear them in different situations. I tend to dress more lolita at work and at cons, and more punk when I'm just going out to shop or staying in.
But no, I don't really ever tone it down. I mean, I work at pagan fairs and am employed by my mother. I can't really get fired or surprise anyone.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:31 pm
I own a maroon button down long sleeve shirt, a white short sleeve button down shirt, two pairs of black dress pants, and a black tie for when the occasion calls for it.

and whenever I'm not going to work and I'm leaving my house I dress up as "gothic" that fits me. Though I don't to do it as much as I like since I only have one day off.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:49 pm
The funny thing is that it's actually rare when I dress-up, rather than it being rare when I dress-down.
Then again, my daily schedule doesn't allow for any interesting clothes most of the time.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Ametrin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:13 am
Well I don't really need it because I look rather "normal" most of the time anyways. Too lazy and cheap to bother buying extravagant clothes [I hate shopping for clothes, it bores me a lot.] It's sweaters, pants, shirts and button shirts, long bohemian skirts.
I like painting my nails in not so usual colors though [right now they are black and dark blue], so for a more formal even I would either omit that completely or use a more subtle color [lavender maybe]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:51 am
I have three different styles, really. There's the goth style, which is mostly corsets and long skirts, there's a rocker style I have, which consists of lots of black hoodies with red designs and stuff, dark jeans, and sneakers... and lots of bracelets. Then, there's a sort of normal appearance I have. Just a pair of boring old jeans, a t-shirt, and plain old sneakers... I hate my normal appearance... stare  

Twisted Maggot

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:50 pm
I ummm, don't really care what I look like, and am pretty casual about being goth, so really, my alternate appearance is when I go full out goth to have fun. Normally, it's just a black t-shirt, a black overshirt, and black jeans... and my freaky haircut (which I loooove)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:15 am
I sort of switch in and out of gothabilly and victorian cabaret goth. XD
Sometimes I'm wearing black red and white polkadots and cherries with bright red lipstick and the like, othertimes I'm very dark: purple black and reds, lots of lace, velvet, ruffles.  

Mechanical Death

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Ende_Neu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 am
I don't really dress up anymore. I used to be a bit into rivet fashion and all that stuff, but my boyfriend ruined all the fun of it by actually joining the army. x_X; While that wasn't too outlandish in the first place, I've taken dressing down to the new extreme and usually just go out with jeans, boots, modified bandhirts, and generally snazzy fitted t-shirts.

My super-alter ego has to be my secret love of really proper and breezy summer dresses which I (almost) occasionally wear out on really nice days to shock just about everyone I know. Haha. Their expressions are usually priceless. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm
My alternate style is allmost like my normal style, just with fewer badges (allmost none), and a nice black shirt, instead of the normal band shirts, and sneakers instead of my army boots....maybe i should mention that my normal style, includes an old tuxedo jacket from a second hand store with lots of badges, pins and patches....  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Ende_Neu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:34 pm
Second hand stores are a win for just about every style. <3 (Well, all the fun ones. Who cares about the rest?)  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games