5 times
  4 times
  3 times
  Twice
  Once
View Results

x~ Reyna ~x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Yeah, so we've all seen those little bits of information in books that make us go, "What the bloody hell was he/she thinking when he/she wrote this?" I've noticed a few in Twilight, and I just wanted to know if any of you found any others.

The one that gets me is when Jake tells Bella that he and the pack chased Victoria "halfway to Canada". Has anyone ever seen a map of Washington State? Canada's pretty damn close to Forks/La Push. The other is in New Moon when Bella's thinking that "last spring break, [she]'d been hunted by a vampire, too" and that she hope d that there wasn't a "tradition forming". However, in Twilight, Bella goes to hang out with the Cullens and after getting home from their house, she talks to Jessica, who asks her about Edward right as Charlie walk in. Jessica takes the hint and the two say that they'll talk about it the next day in Trig. Since I'm going under the asumption that Spring Break doesn't start in the middle of the week, then I'm going to have to say that there's a mistake somewhere in there.

So, does anyone else have anything to add?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:29 am
Sorry I have a LOT of things (I am OCD and a cynical pessimist so things like that are hard for me to let go of… by the way If someone makes me mad enough if I don’t purposefully drop it I will hold a grudge FOREVER… or at least as long as one of us is alive… in other words it is a baaad thing to mess with me) But like I was saying here are the ones that bugged me:

Two words: Jasper's. Hair.

He has "honey blond hair"... OK that's nice but what TYPE is it? Straight? Wavy? Curly?

Also Edward and Bella's first kiss... I am not sure but does it ever SAY that that is Edward's first kiss? I mean if you are a good-looking vampire you had to be attractive as a human (according to Stephenie in a personal correspondence from Twilight Lexicon she said James was an ugly human which is why he looks plain as a vampire) and if he is attractive couldn't he have been attacked by some girl into a kiss or something?
*EDIT* I found a Twilightmom's interview with Stephenie saying it WAS his first kiss.

On the way back from the meadow there is an oldies song on the radio Bella has never heard and Edward sings along to it... but does it ever say what the song is?

Also in New Moon Edward’s voice tells her to calm Jacob down... WHY would he "say" that (the voice I mean) if it is a product of her subconscious and her subconscious does NOT fear Jacob?

When Jacob cuts himself helping Bella with the dishes she throws the dirty towel into the washing machine by itself but there is no mention of her using cleaner

In New Moon Bella cuts her head a lot from the motorcycle but in Eclipse Edward gives her a helmet… why didn’t they do that in the first place?

And if Edward was so angry about the motorcycle then why did he giver things to HELP her ride it?

Why does it seem that the whole reason Bella agreed to be married when he proposed was for sex?

Why is Edward’s hair permanently messy? If it is sweat from when he had the influenza and a fever then why wouldn’t it wash out?

Why did Victoria have the girly voice? That made the whole confrontation more funny to me than climatic.

If Bella’s mind is protected against powers dealing with the mind then why could Marcus see their relationship? (that was a big one for me)

Heidi went “fishing” for humans and brought them along as a “tour” but she was dressed skanky… why would the tourists follow her then if it would seem like she could be conning them out of their money?

BREAKING DAWN SPOILER QUESTIONS DO NOT HIGLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!

How is Katrina’s electric power a mental power?

Chelsea can bind people to Aro… then why didn’t Aro use her to recruit Alice and Edward when they were in Volterra?

What is the rest of the phone call about Bella first discovering she was pregnant after she handed the phone to Edward?

When Nahuel (spelling?) says that he reached maturity in 10 years(?) Jacob shudders… but at the very end of the book Edward says Jacob never once thought about it that day.

Leah says she can understand where Rosalie is coming from in helping Bella with the baby… so why does she give Jacob some blond jokes and yell at Bella which could trigger premature labor?

Edward turns around about Renesmee when Bella is pregnant because he can hear she (Renesmee) is happy… OK so why didn’t Jasper tell them that earlier then?

If Alice got headaches from visions of Renesmee then why didn’t she block them since they seemed to come more often that usual so was she looking in vain and TRYING to get a headache?

How does Renée and Esme make Renesmee if Renée = ren ey and Esme = Ehz may? If Renesmee is pronounced Ruh nez may where does the “uh” come from?

Back to the Marcus seeing relationships, Chelsea in the almost fight is trying to break the Cullen and friend’s bindings but she can’t see them. So, once again, why CAN Marcus see them?

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

VanillaSugar11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 pm
I hate that we never did figure out how old Alice is. I know her "story" but I don't know how old she was when she was bitten.

Also, how did Alice get her power? She was in a assylum (SP?) all her life! Vamps bring what they're strongest at in their next life, but she was IN A BLACK HOLE!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:32 pm
I wanted to know more about Alice's story. how James knew her, why she was in the assylum.

when Jake answers the phone in Bella's house, and tells Edward, who is passing for Carlisle that Charlie's at the funeral,
1.- what would Jacob be doing at Charlie's house if bella was dead?
2.- why did they inmediatley jump to the conclusion Bella was dead, don't you think Alice would've had a better vision? or maybe Edward would've felt something?  

Dgirl91

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am
VanillaSugar11
I hate that we never did figure out how old Alice is. I know her "story" but I don't know how old she was when she was bitten.

Also, how did Alice get her power? She was in a assylum (SP?) all her life! Vamps bring what they're strongest at in their next life, but she was IN A BLACK HOLE!

a personal correspondance (sp?) between Stephenie and twilight Lexicon said she was born in 1901 (like Edward) and died at age 19  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 pm
I know I have a bunch of these, but most of them are escaping my mind at the moment. Here are some that I know off the top of my head:

-The countless spelling/grammar errors.
-Sometimes Stephenie gets hooked on one word and won't stop using it. For example, at the beginning of Breaking Dawn, she was stuck on "wintry."

In response to some of the other posts:
-Edward gave Bella the motorcycle gear because he wanted her to be happy, and he knew that that meant spending time with Jacob (plus, if he tried to stop her, he knew from experience that she would sneak away to La Push anyway), so he at least wanted her to be safe, since she was going to ride the motorcycle no matter what.
-Some people's hair are just messy naturally. I have brothers like that. *shrug*
-Edward turns around about Renesmee not because he can hear that she is happy, but because he can hear that she loves Bella and is now making a conscious effort not to hurt her anymore. He simply can't hate anything that loves Bella. The making-a-conscious-effort-to-not-hurt-Bella thing is something Jasper wouldn't be able to sense with his powers. Not to mention that Jasper wasn't hanging around Bella much anyway; he and Emmett were busy doing research.
-Alice couldn't have had a better vision because Jacob was with Bella the whole time after the cliff diving, right up until Bella arrived back at her house to find Alice there.

I hope I settled some of the problems you guys had with the books...I know it's no fun when you're trying to enjoy a book but things just contradict each other and/or don't make sense. sad  

Glitterbean

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 pm
Glitterbean

In response to some of the other posts:
-Edward gave Bella the motorcycle gear because he wanted her to be happy, and he knew that that meant spending time with Jacob (plus, if he tried to stop her, he knew from experience that she would sneak away to La Push anyway), so he at least wanted her to be safe, since she was going to ride the motorcycle no matter what.
-Some people's hair are just messy naturally. I have brothers like that. *shrug*
-Edward turns around about Renesmee not because he can hear that she is happy, but because he can hear that she loves Bella and is now making a conscious effort not to hurt her anymore. He simply can't hate anything that loves Bella. The making-a-conscious-effort-to-not-hurt-Bella thing is something Jasper wouldn't be able to sense with his powers. Not to mention that Jasper wasn't hanging around Bella much anyway; he and Emmett were busy doing research.

Thank you those DID help! Ahh the mysteries are being slowly solved.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 pm
Kari Twilight Mist

On the way back from the meadow there is an oldies song on the radio Bella has never heard and Edward sings along to it... but does it ever say what the song is?

In New Moon Bella cuts her head a lot from the motorcycle but in Eclipse Edward gives her a helmet… why didn’t they do that in the first place?

Why does it seem that the whole reason Bella agreed to be married when he proposed was for sex?

Why is Edward’s hair permanently messy? If it is sweat from when he had the influenza and a fever then why wouldn’t it wash out?

Why did Victoria have the girly voice? That made the whole confrontation more funny to me than climatic.

If Bella’s mind is protected against powers dealing with the mind then why could Marcus see their relationship? (that was a big one for me)

Heidi went “fishing” for humans and brought them along as a “tour” but she was dressed skanky… why would the tourists follow her then if it would seem like she could be conning them out of their money?

Chelsea can bind people to Aro… then why didn’t Aro use her to recruit Alice and Edward when they were in Volterra?

Leah says she can understand where Rosalie is coming from in helping Bella with the baby… so why does she give Jacob some blond jokes and yell at Bella which could trigger premature labor?

How does Renée and Esme make Renesmee if Renée = ren ey and Esme = Ehz may? If Renesmee is pronounced Ruh nez may where does the “uh” come from?

These are the ones that I can actually answer for you. (In order.)

If Bella didn't know the song, then she wouldn't know the name, now would she? And, if you noticed, SM doesn't put the names of bands/songs in the books. As a writer, I do the same thing. You never know how it will be receved or if the band will still be popular. Or, maybe, she didn't have a certain song in mind when she wrote the scene. I don't know many people that know songs from the fifties. Maybe she just wanted to put that in to bring up the subject of Edward's age, which (if you recall) is the following conversation.

Because Jacob was barely sixteen and didn't think of it and Bella was what is probably described as "clinically insane" for most of the second book.

Because it is the whole reason she agreed to get married...

Some people have messy hair. It's no big deal. Maybe he likes it that way or maybe he just doesn't want to put the time or effort into changing it.

It's to lure in their prey. Note that Bella's voice changed too. They didn't all start out with voices like bells, silk and velvet.

I'm not sure about this one, but maybe he can see the connection that Edward has to Bella. While Bella is protected, Edward is not.

She was supposed to look sexy to lure in people. If you were a guy and saw someone like Heidi asking you to take a tour, then you would probably take it.

Kate's power words the same way that Jane's does; it's not a real shock, just the illusion of one.

Chelsea's power can bind people together or tear them apart, that's true. However, both Edward and Alice were partnered and the bonds between mates is too powerful for her to influence. That's how Eliazier managed to leave with Carman.

Because, as much as Leah goes along with it all, she still hates Rose and knows that Jake hates Rose. Anything to piss off the vamps is a good idea to her. Maybe she thinks that if the vamps don't want Jacob around then Jacob will leave and she'll get to leave, too. As for the Bella thing, she was just trying to protec Jacob, because she really does care about him. They have a very sibling-like relationship. Yeah, they might hate each other sometimes, but they really love each other.

You're mispronouncing Renee (can't do accent marks on my laptop, so just imagine that its there). Ruh-nay is the tecnical pronounciation, but, just like with many other words in the English language, we don't articulate right all the time.

I hope that all of that helps! I'm a huge Twilight Freak, so I know a lot of the stuff by heart and I'm a writer, so I can infer some of it. That, and I'm a compulsive "Google-er". When I'm bored, I Google things. Twilight is at the forefront of things I research.  

x~ Reyna ~x

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:10 am
Kari Twilight Mist
Sorry I have a LOT of things (I am OCD and a cynical pessimist so things like that are hard for me to let go of… by the way If someone makes me mad enough if I don’t purposefully drop it I will hold a grudge FOREVER… or at least as long as one of us is alive… in other words it is a baaad thing to mess with me) But like I was saying here are the ones that bugged me:

He has "honey blond hair"... OK that's nice but what TYPE is it? Straight? Wavy? Curly?

Also Edward and Bella's first kiss... I am not sure but does it ever SAY that that is Edward's first kiss? I mean if you are a good-looking vampire you had to be attractive as a human (according to Stephenie in a personal correspondence from Twilight Lexicon she said James was an ugly human which is why he looks plain as a vampire) and if he is attractive couldn't he have been attacked by some girl into a kiss or something?
*EDIT* I found a Twilightmom's interview with Stephenie saying it WAS his first kiss.

Also in New Moon Edward’s voice tells her to calm Jacob down... WHY would he "say" that (the voice I mean) if it is a product of her subconscious and her subconscious does NOT fear Jacob?

When Jacob cuts himself helping Bella with the dishes she throws the dirty towel into the washing machine by itself but there is no mention of her using cleaner

And if Edward was so angry about the motorcycle then why did he giver things to HELP her ride it?

What is the rest of the phone call about Bella first discovering she was pregnant after she handed the phone to Edward?

When Nahuel (spelling?) says that he reached maturity in 10 years(?) Jacob shudders… but at the very end of the book Edward says Jacob never once thought about it that day.

Edward turns around about Renesmee when Bella is pregnant because he can hear she (Renesmee) is happy… OK so why didn’t Jasper tell them that earlier then?

If Alice got headaches from visions of Renesmee then why didn’t she block them since they seemed to come more often that usual so was she looking in vain and TRYING to get a headache?

Back to the Marcus seeing relationships, Chelsea in the almost fight is trying to break the Cullen and friend’s bindings but she can’t see them. So, once again, why CAN Marcus see them?

Your quirks are flawed.

1. Of course it's Edward's first kiss. :/

2. Who cares what song? It's a book. Books never really mention that stuff.

3. It's not really Edward's voice. It's Bella's head.

4. Again, they don't mention everything in a book. Saying that she used soap is irrelevant.

5. Edwards enjoys giving things Bella wants.

6. Where did it say Edward's hair is permentanly messy? When did it every say it was from sweat? If he's anything like Rosalie, then he could spend time putting it up. :/

7. Heidi was dressed that way to lure them. Haven't you read anything? No matter what humans will fallow.

8. Leah can understand Rosalie, but she's still not a big fan with the vampires.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:29 am
Pubic Genital Lice
Kari Twilight Mist

Your quirks are flawed.

1. Of course it's Edward's first kiss. :/

2. Who cares what song? It's a book. Books never really mention that stuff.

3. It's not really Edward's voice. It's Bella's head.

4. Again, they don't mention everything in a book. Saying that she used soap is irrelevant.

5. Edwards enjoys giving things Bella wants.

6. Where did it say Edward's hair is permentanly messy? When did it every say it was from sweat? If he's anything like Rosalie, then he could spend time putting it up. :/

7. Heidi was dressed that way to lure them. Haven't you read anything? No matter what humans will fallow.

8. Leah can understand Rosalie, but she's still not a big fan with the vampires.

Some of the things you have aren't things people put in books. If they did, each book would be like a thousand pages long. xD

Reneesmee might sound prettier when it's pronounced that way. Bella just meant that she got the name idea from Renee and Esme. It doesn't have to be exactly the same.

Can Alice control her visions? I'm not really sure if she can. I mean, I thought it all depended on how close Alice is to the person. And since Alice is pretty close to Bella and Edward, of course she'd have visions of their baby.

And, er... The motorcycle Edward thing, Edward knew that Bella wasn't going to stop riding so he just gave her something to be safer.

the-argonaut

Profitable Fatcat

sasuke-kunxp

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:39 am
this is actually about the movie...

i watched twilight again last night and has anyone else noticed that Edward and Bella are wearing the same colored shirt most of the time?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:45 pm
VanillaSugar11

Alice had her power as a human. It just wasn't as powerful.

That was why she was in the asylum in the first place.

Dine with the Damned

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm
Dgirl91
I wanted to know more about Alice's story. how James knew her, why she was in the assylum.

when Jake answers the phone in Bella's house, and tells Edward, who is passing for Carlisle that Charlie's at the funeral,
2.- why did they inmediatley jump to the conclusion Bella was dead, don't you think Alice would've had a better vision? or maybe Edward would've felt something?

Perhaps Edward thought that Jacob was helping with
funeral arrangements and/or grieving.

But my question, why wouldn't Jake be at the funeral
with Charlie, especially if it was Bella's?

See that, has no reasonable answer. Unless Jacob was
too sad to go to the funeral, and just wanted to stay at
Bella's house to help with the grieving process.

But I don't think that scenario popped into Edward's head.
I don't believe he was thinking clearly at that time.

Well Alice's visions are very subjective, and often very
fuzzy and unclear. Hence the confusion.
And also, she never saw Bella reach the surface. She watched
for several minutes, by that time Jacob had gotten to her, and
made Bella disappear from Alice's visions.

And why would Edward feel something? He was only god
knows how far away, New York, by the sound of it, a whole
country width away, and she didn't die in the first place. So there
was nothing to feel. Even if he did feel something, she would've
had to of died in order for him to feel anything.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games