Korean
  Indian
  All of the above/some of the above
  I only listen to music in english.
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm
A lot of us in the guild appear to listen to music in different languages.

I'd say 90% of the time we don't know what they're saying, but sometimes what they're saying sounds vaguley like english, like if we listen hard enough we could make out lyrics in english(even though the song is still in god knows what language)

So know any songs like that?

The Indian n****e Song
(I really just want to share this video because it's hilarious.)
This is some guy who listened to an Indian song and heard english lyrics in it. It is pretty funny what he hears, when I showed it to my friend he laughed so hard he cried.

[as for the poll, I don't really know what languages people listen to in music so I put down all the different languages in my music library and some I thought could be popular, like I don't listen to Korean music but maybe someone does.]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm
German, Japanese and Spanish.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 pm
gah! How could I have forgotten spanish!

I even have some spanish songs in my library, I must have missed them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am
i listen to chinese, eng, jap, korean and some hokkien songs(: heeehx biggrin  

Fate-J

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 am
German and numerous songs from Aisan countries.....also listen to celtic.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:25 am
I listen to chinese, japanese, korean, indian, carribean, and english songs mostly. ^_^
Most of the time...well now-a-days a lot of those singers in different countries mix english in their lyrics a lot too. I guess that shows how popular english is becoming now. Most songs even korean, chinese, and especially indian...the newer songs have english words sometimes here and there. ^_^"  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 am
I've noticed that too. I've noticed it especially in Japanese songs but you really have to listen for the english sometimes since it can sound like Japanese when they're singing so fast or just with their accent. xd
Engrish can be hilarious though.
"Hapeeeee leaaaadeeee go!"
I've seen that line subbed as "Happy Lady Boy" before and that amuses me. It's "Happy Ready Go".

I was also listening to this German song and the chorus was in english, though it only consisted of the same line repeated many times, and I was hearing german, german, german then suddenly this english line popped up and suprised me a bit.
It was like:
"germangermangerman
germangermangerman
We ain't got no plastic money
germangermangerman"

Or something like that, I'm not listening to the song right now so it could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:11 am
"yahoo, i'm part retar-ar-ard" rofl
The only different languages i listen to is indian.
i do have a few songs in other languages, but not a lot  

Shondell6
Vice Captain

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 am
I mostly listen to Jpop, occasionally I'll listen to chinese.
I'm still learning japanese but I can still pick out bits a pieces I understand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 am
I mainly listen to English music, but thansk to moonlight I have some korean/japanese/cinese and I have a few Rammstein (German) songs too.

Plus a couple fo Lacuna coil songs in Italian, and some native-language nightwish songs.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:18 pm
I don't listen to any other language music a lot. There's only about one or two songs in German that I like. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 pm
Usually the songs I listen to lack words.

However, I usually listen to songs in English.

Japanese technically comes in second because my younger sister listens to Japanese music. It's not really on purpose.

Other than that, there is no language that I seem to listen to more than others.

There are a few foreign songs I like, though.
Indian
German
Finnish Techno version

The Finnish one was used for an internet meme type thing, which is why there is a Bleach AMV. I don't watch Bleach.

Beware: The songs can get stuck in your head easily.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am
I'm gonna make a music sharing thread in by tommorow or so, so that everyone can share various language songs!! Oh it'll be fun!! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:51 pm
Dornkus

The Finnish one was used for an internet meme type thing, which is why there is a Bleach AMV. I don't watch Bleach.

Beware: The songs can get stuck in your head easily.

Haha, as soon as I read Bleach I knew it was LeekSpin.

And actually, I read a while ago that the song is mostly gibberish:
"Loituma Girl (also known as 'Leekspin') is a Flash animation set to a gibberish section of the traditional Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka""
From wikipedia.

I just thought that interesting. I've also read that alf the time in concerts the singer doesn't even sing the right 'words' she just sings gibberish to the melody.

Just a random bit of trivia.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:12 pm
I listen to any type of music.. but mostly I like old type of songs.. love songs most of the time heart  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games