Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
A rite through dance?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[lady joker]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:55 pm
I am a belly dancer, and i've danced for the history. (6,000 + years of history)

I was wondering what you all thought about a ritual being done through one of the most ancient of dances?

(you may need to forgive me for terminology if i am misusing it. i never been one to know what is the right word to say.)

I ask because, I am interested in doing one in such a manor. Second is because i have seen it done one other time, a long time ago.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:21 am
That's fine. I've seen entire chapters in some tomes on magical systems devoted to sacred dance. I mean, the Native Americans pull it off so well (as do many other native cultures), so why not us?  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Amyane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 am
Kinda related.... If you/anyone has ever read The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho, they'll know what I'm talking about.

A lot of the book is based on the main character Athena's discovery of trance through dancing. It's about dancing 'badly' or against the rhythm of the music.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm
Well i wasnt a 100 percent sure. there was another guild i was in and they belittled me.

it wasn't kind V-V  

[lady joker]

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:50 pm
There are several forms of sacred dance. I'm glad someone mentioned the native americans, because many of their rituals involve sacred dance. Research Sun Dances, Kachinas, etc...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 pm
I've made my own sacred dance for the Spring Equinox. Its simple and it works. I'm working on creating kata for the summer solstice.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items