Submit

are you ready?
  of course
  kind of (I'm here)
  Demoneye, you're paranoid!
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:52 pm
It doesn't necisarily have to be for WWIII, but a universal setup incase another hurricane decides to swing by or something. It would be nice if we could help each other out though, so feel free to post your own list.

Of course, I'll go first:

The bag- backpack, like the kind used in school. One big pocket, couple smaller ones, padded straps with the clip in the middle, water resistant i guess, ok quality.

Food for > 3 days
glow sticks
flashlight
batteries
water
tea bags
knives
sharpening stone
cell phone
ammo
walkie talkies x2
salt
other spices
candy (m&ms best), sugar, honey (quick energy)
fork, knife,spoon
spare clothes (socks!)
rain stuff
cash
medicine/first aid
ziploc bags
pencils, paper
rope
map
pack saw
duct tape
vitamins
hachet
add: book
leatherman (well, close enough)

At first it seems like a lot, but most of the stuff is small and/or can be hooked onto my belt.

Other stuff: I would love to get my 1 man tent to clip on the side, havent looked too well at it yet. If it's the WWIII scenario, my K-1 gas mask bag can fit under this bag. Of course I'm taking my Benelli.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:19 pm
You're going to probably need a duffle bag to put all that in.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 pm
Which make me happy to know i asked for the right thing for thispast Xmas, a huge military style backpack. Kind of has the shape of a duffle bag, digi woodland, +/- 4 cubic feet of space on the inside, with plenty of small pockets, handles and straps to keep it all tight. Even has some tough padded shoulder straps and clips to hook myself into. Im sure i could fit a bunch in there.

Other things to consider to bring:

Brita water filter
Polaroid camera (they make those anymore?)
Pencils/pens/sharpies
Good Boots!
Leatherman Utility Tools
Sketchbook/journal  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:53 pm
Your first and best recourse is a home base. This is, unless it has been destroyed by an act of God and/or nature.

Your second recourse is a solid vehicle. Unless things really go straight to hell, you'll want wheels. The more, the merrier.

The TIV2 from Storm Chasers gets my vote for best civilian armored car ever. At least until they build the TIV3, that is.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/vehicles/vehicles.html

Moving down the line, motorcycles, horses and llamas are all handy things to have familiarity with. One can carry far more and move faster on a bike. Horses don't require gas and service. Llamas are fantastic pack animals and can be obtained all over the Southwest these days.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:54 pm
Anima_Raptor
Which make me happy to know i asked for the right thing for thispast Xmas, a huge military style backpack. Kind of has the shape of a duffle bag, digi woodland, +/- 4 cubic feet of space on the inside, with plenty of small pockets, handles and straps to keep it all tight. Even has some tough padded shoulder straps and clips to hook myself into. Im sure i could fit a bunch in there.

Other things to consider to bring:

Brita water filter
Polaroid camera (they make those anymore?)
Pencils/pens/sharpies
Good Boots!
Leatherman Utility Tools
Sketchbook/journal
Maybe a couple paperback books too. Help keep you occupied.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm
Hey i just randomly found this. Could be useful in your kit. http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/a396/?cpg=ab  

war_junky 91

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:54 pm
war_junky 91
Hey i just randomly found this. Could be useful in your kit. http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/a396/?cpg=ab

I had to laugh at the titanium spork.

Anyways, Thanks for the input thus far.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:56 pm
DONT FORGET YOUR BOONIE HAT!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 pm
Well ammo isn't as useful as it could be without a gun. wink Yeah I am sure a gun was implied when mentioning ammo.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:37 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=view&post_id=21628995&u=4659718

It should be noted that most of that stuff isn't in the pack at any given time, but could be assembled in under half an hour with no problem.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:57 am
Floyd
Your first and best recourse is a home base. This is, unless it has been destroyed by an act of God and/or nature.

Your second recourse is a solid vehicle. Unless things really go straight to hell, you'll want wheels. The more, the merrier.

The TIV2 from Storm Chasers gets my vote for best civilian armored car ever. At least until they build the TIV3, that is.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-chasers/vehicles/vehicles.html
Floyd

Holy awesome. Ive never seen that thing before, but it looks like it rivals that of what we even have in Iraq now. Put a .50 Cal on top and youd be all set for a troop transport.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 pm
I would throw in an AR7, as well as ammo for it and your sidearm  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm
In my Oh s**t Kit.

Days change of clothes, Pants, Shirt, Tee Shirt, Undies, Socks, Belt.
Blanket
Med Kit
2 days MRE
2 litters of water
Binos
multi-tool
Cold steel Trail Master
assorted knives
spoon/fork
bandanna
250 Rounds 9mm (really depends on what pistol i have at the moment)
Pistol Gear (Holster, mag carrier)
spare handcuffs. (cause you really cant have enough)

I'm usually working, thus in uniform... So i'm usually also equipped with Level 2A body armor, bianci nylon duty belt, tac light, the usual police crap. Baton, OC spray...

I have a medium duffel that this goes in... I'm saving to get a maxpedition of some sort for a smaller go kit.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 pm
Crash Maniac
I have a medium duffel that this goes in... I'm saving to get a maxpedition of some sort for a smaller go kit.
You might like this then.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:06 pm
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
You might like this then.

thats not bad. i was looking into a larger version. i also wanted to get one of those hip bags from maxpedition.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff