Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 am
What in the wide world of sports IS this thing?

User Image

User Image

User Image

Warning: animooted .gifs may take some time to load.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 am
Some type of carpet bombing things?

I bet you at one point they all either deploy parachutes or open up throwing tons of smaller High explosives.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 am
OberFeldwebel
Some type of carpet bombing things?

I bet you at one point they all either deploy parachutes or open up throwing tons of smaller High explosives.
I would PAY to see the target field.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:53 am
looks kinda like a more primative CFW.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 am
i heard that this type of carpet bombing, more specifically the bomblettes themselves... have been made illegal to use by any nato army. due to the fact that the grenades dont always explode on delivery, and thier failsafe destructive measure doesn't always work. leaving live munitions on the field.

for this guy to find...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:23 am
won't that thing at the bottom slow down the craft or something?  

-GP-ninja

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 pm
Hell, i remember this thing. Back when i played Ace Combat... 4? Ya, its just a ginormous cluster bomb dispenser. I always thought it looked too bulky to fly with too blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:49 pm
xsv.ninja
won't that thing at the bottom slow down the craft or something?

yes... but not to the extent it would seriously hinder the aircraft's speed. plus, he can manually jettison that pod once it's expended.  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Crash Maniac
i heard that this type of carpet bombing, more specifically the bomblettes themselves... have been made illegal to use by any nato army. due to the fact that the grenades dont always explode on delivery, and thier failsafe destructive measure doesn't always work. leaving live munitions on the field.

for this guy to find...

Huh, was he recovering it for an IED?

I'd say that the 'Duds' make excellent mines.

Let's bring back the SD2 Butterfly Bombs, except make them better.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:59 pm
Crash Maniac

for this guy to find...

From what I heard there was some sort of treaty or something passed around to ban this, but the U.S. and Russia didn't sign it. Then again I'm probably wrong since I haven't heard much of it.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:01 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Crash Maniac

for this guy to find...

From what I heard there was some sort of treaty or something passed around to ban this, but the U.S. and Russia didn't sign it. Then again I'm probably wrong since I haven't heard much of it.

USA! USA! USA!

smile

Too bad we signed off Napalm.
Or did we just agree not to use it anymore?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:19 pm
That is a French aircraft. A Dassault if I'm not mistaken from the size of the tail.

I also seem to recall that footage similar to this was shown at the beginning of the second invasion of Iraq claiming this was a dispersion pod for anti-personnel of a unique design.

Tiny tanks containing aerosol tanks filled with various nasty compounds. Instead of explosions, these killed far more than what shrapnel would.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 am
Floyd
That is a French aircraft. A Dassault if I'm not mistaken from the size of the tail.

I also seem to recall that footage similar to this was shown at the beginning of the second invasion of Iraq claiming this was a dispersion pod for anti-personnel of a unique design.

Tiny tanks containing aerosol tanks filled with various nasty compounds. Instead of explosions, these killed far more than what shrapnel would.
The Luftwaffe flying a Dassault? Surely you must be joking. razz

No, it's a Panavia Tornado. British, Italian, and German.

User Image

User Image

Most likely Jagdbombergeschwader, but I can't find any squadron insignia that look like the one on that plane's tail. It looks almost like a Star of David.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 am
I like the cross that the Wehr- I mean Bundeswehr uses.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 am
OberFeldwebel
I like the cross that the Wehr- I mean Bundeswehr uses.
Definitely one of the better roundels. It's amusing how many look like bull's-eyes. The Dominican Republic has a bulls-eye with crosshairs on it. New Zealand's has a kiwi. xd

IMO, I like America's roundel the best.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces