Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Raising Energy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 am
I thought I had asked this somewhere else, but I couldn't find it - so hopefully this isn't a duplicate topic. sweatdrop

What are the various ways that you raise energy for ritual/spell work? Do you have a favorite method? Are there some things that you've tried that work really well, and others not so much?

Share/Discuss...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:43 am
Well, I don't do any spells, but I do minor energy work.
When I'm raising energy the first thing I do is center myself. I then establish a ground. I always envision this as taking a rope or string from my center and dropping it down into the earth. This way if I raise too much too fast then I can send it off before I do too much damage. When I actually start raising energy I focus on they type I'm trying to raise. I use diffrent ellements diffrently depending on what I'm trying to do. I focus on that ellement and open myself to that type of energy. Once I have a good foucus on it I start pulling and redirecting to what I need.
I should mention that I mainly do shields so diffrent types of energy for diffrent shields.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 am
I'm starting to become a big fan of chanting. It's usually hard for me to make too much noise in my house, since the kids are usually sleeping in the next room, but I have found that even in a whisper - chanting can be really effective.

This is one of my favorites...
Quote:

We all come from the Goddess,
and to her we shall return
Like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
(Repeat)

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate,
Demeter, Kali, Innana!
(Repeat)

We all come from the Horned God,
and to him we shall return
Like a spark of flame-rising to the heavens.
(Repeat)

Hoof and horn, hoof and horn,
all that dies shall be reborn
Corn and grain corn and grain,
all that falls shall rise again!
(Repeat)

The Goddess is alive and magick is afoot!
The Goddess is alive and magick is afoot!
(Return to beginning)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 pm
too2sweet,

I'm actually really learning to chanting, it helps alot considering I have trouble drawing energy and keeping it. My mind is always running, so it makes it hard to consentrate and meditate. v.v;; But I'm getting better.

My absolute and favorite method of energy drawing is this:

Close your eyes and take in a deep breath, imagine that this breath is white sparkling light filling your lungs.

As you breathe out, Imagine a black nasty cloud expelling from you exhaled breath.

Do this as many times as you want/need.

I personally use this to help me see auras as well as my own, it's like drawing energy from the air rather then the earth. =D

Namikikyo

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm
To raise energy I use different methods determining what type of energy i wish to raise and how strong i want to raise it.
most of the time i usually sit in a consecrated area with my legs crossed and bend the top of my body so that i'm still sitting but my hands are touching the ground in front of me. I close my eyes and meditate for a minute or two on my intent and then focus on visualizing a light flowing from the ground into my hands and up my arms into my chest as if i'm literally plugging myself into the Earth's energies by my hands. It's like the Earth is a huge electrical outlet and my arms are the plug. For different purposes i visualize different color lights.

This I've found to work very well.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 pm
personally, i'm all for dancing, either in a circle or in a spiral. when i feel i've raised enough energy, i ground it, focusing on what i want the energy to do (heal, bring wisdom, etc.).  

Aryain Flames

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 pm
Music. Music is a wonderful way to raise energy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 am
@too2sweet: Like the Incubus-Sukkubus song? wink (just the chorus)

I raise energy through dance. I put in certain CDs, depending on how I'm feeling, but mainly I use a CD I made from an artist friend of mine's electric guitar instrumentals. They're very loud and very intense, so the only time I ever listen to them is when I want to raise energy, and I never use headphones (big sound needs big speakers). I also use a CD titled Mirabel, which is a Native American-mixed with-Modern Something, and it has a great beat and nice little guitar melodies.  

Larial Istari

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:36 am
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Music. Music is a wonderful way to raise energy.

Personnaly I like the beatles Mother Natures son, Flying, and couple others. Inkubus Sukkubus has a few good ones too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 pm
♪♪ boycott love...

I generally sing a chanting song my old mentor taught me. It's really basic and centers around the elements, "Earth, Air, Fire, Water. We turn, we turn, we turn, we turn." Sometimes, if I'm doing fey magic I'll play my violin freestyle. It's amazing, because sometimes I can hear an echo of what I'm playing, like they've gotten out their own instruments to join in.

I also tap into the tree network that's around my apartments. I spend a lot of time in meditation communicating and connecting with them and have found they for the most part enjoy participating in some of my rituals/spells, especially the earth based ones.

...detox just to retox ♫♫

raging-earth

Ellisari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:08 pm
I have a few methods for raising energy.

I get into a meditative state, and envision the moon directly above me, in whatever phase it's at, and envision its light as silver, pouring into me. [If I can go outside and actually stand in the moonlight it works PHENOMENALLY.]

Sometimes, I envision myself dancing. I would totally dance to raise energy, except I normally do my magick late at night so, if I randomly started making lots of noise and dancing...eehh. So instead of actually dancing, I dance through my meditations.

To ground myself, [this sounds odd], I envision myself as a tree [yes, a tree.], and energy is flowing through my roots back to the earth. It's also very effective.

I've also done like Namikikyo, and used the air as my energy channeling method through breathing techniques. Imagine the energy flowing all around you, and take a deep breath, breathing in the energy. Then exhale all negative energy. =3 It works well to calm yourself down.

Music and singing are also effective for me.

Then after I've raised energy and grounded myself, I'll do whatever spell I had intended to do, or a tarot/oracle reading. And when I'm done, I "break from my roots" and release the energy I raised. [since its usually late at night when I do this, I go to sleep right after]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm
I find stretching the chakra points helps make a strong energy field.
Imagine the chakra point your expanding, breathe deeply and imagine the energy at the point being inflated by the air intake, and and becoming smaller as you breathe out.
Usually yoga is a good excersize while doing this too.  

Sirrush_Grey

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games