Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
April 09 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:33 am
User Image
Volume 5, Issue 4
On the Cover: Zero and Yuki from Vampire Knight

Inside:
Preview: Tail of the Moon Prequel: The Other Hanzo(u) by: Rinko Ueda
Normal Chapters of Sand Chronicles, Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, honey and clover (2 chapters), and Honey Hunt
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope/How to Draw with Yuu Watase
Manga Spotlight on Beauty Pop
Editor's Letter: Get Creative: "Cook, craft, draw, dress, game, and get ready...for the Beat Girl Contest."
The Great Northwest Anime Fest: "We’ve got our top 5 reasons to go to Sakura-Con 2009."
Good Morning Musume!: "Japan’s hit pop band hits the US."
DIY:Inspiring Wall Art: "Hang up creative kanji to get your mojo flowing."
Cooking: Feast for Your Eyes: "Concoct food that’s pleasing to your palette and your peepers."
Video Games: "Puzzlers have come a long way."
The Fine Art of Kawaii: "5 Japanese artists have captured cutting-edge cute."
Beat Girl Contest: "Draw your own version of our spokemodel for a chance to win the motherload of art prizes."
Manga Art Schooled: "We’ve chosen five mangakas whose masterpieces are inspired and inspiring. Use their techniques to perfect your own artwork."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm
It's a good issue! biggrin Just got it in the mail.

A blurb about Morning Musume (who I LOVE) AND a small interview with Hangry and Angry?!? (Hangry is Yoshizawa Hitomi, my favorite JPop singer ever). heart

AND I'm in the letters to the editor, which is fun. (I'm the one who wrote in about Hangry and Angry)  

writerserenyty

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:17 am
Yay! I should get mine sometime this week, and since I'm going home this weekend, I should have it then. : D Glad to hear it's a good one.

You had a letter to the editor in this one??? That's awesome!!! I sent in a letter to the editor a little while back about them licensing Arina Tanemura's Mistress Fortune. :] I got an email back like 2 weeks ago saying something along the lines of "we'll keep that in mind." lol. If it's used when they announce it, I'm going to rofl. xD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:23 am
It seems like most of the stories are reaching their climax. I thoroughly enjoyed Tail of the Moon Prequel. ^-^  

ladyathena12

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 pm
I absolutely enjoyed the Prequel to Tail Of The Moon, as well as the Honey Hunt ( I thought Q-ta tas gonna betray Yura eek )  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
I absolutely enjoyed the Prequel to Tail Of The Moon, as well as the Honey Hunt ( I thought Q-ta tas gonna betray Yura eek )

I can't decide if I want him to or not. I really like Q-ta right now, but I'm afraid he will betray her (just based upon other Aihara works...). At first I didn't like Haruka, but I'm starting to liike him more and more as the story goes on, so I'm completely undecided about who I want Yura to end up with...

On a slightly off-topic note, I finally figured out what's so weird about Miki Aihara's art: her hands. Seriously, I was looking at the Hot Gimmick/Honey Hunt ad in this issue of the mag and was looking at Mizorogi's hand and it was freaking massive!!!!! It was not even natural, even by manga standards. I do like that her art is so clean though...

kel aka gandy
Captain

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm
kel aka gandy
Luna Vampire Yuki

I can't decide if I want him to or not. I really like Q-ta right now, but I'm afraid he will betray her (just based upon other Aihara works...). At first I didn't like Haruka, but I'm starting to liike him more and more as the story goes on, so I'm completely undecided about who I want Yura to end up with...

On a slightly off-topic note, I finally figured out what's so weird about Miki Aihara's art: her hands. Seriously, I was looking at the Hot Gimmick/Honey Hunt ad in this issue of the mag and was looking at Mizorogi's hand and it was freaking massive!!!!! It was not even natural, even by manga standards. I do like that her art is so clean though...

I'm worried about that too, I like both of them but I noticed Haruka Minamitami Is like one of the characters in the Tokyo Boys and Girls Series.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:01 am
Luna Vampire Yuki
I'm worried about that too, I like both of them but I noticed Haruka Minamitami Is like one of the characters in the Tokyo Boys and Girls Series.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

kel aka gandy
Captain

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:57 am
ladyathena12
It seems like most of the stories are reaching their climax. I thoroughly enjoyed Tail of the Moon Prequel. ^-^

User Image

User ImageI enjoyed the prequel, in fact, i wanna read more.
But it doesn't hit shelves until June...
crying

User Image

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games