Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Nintendo DSi?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo DSi. Your thoughts?
  Looks pretty cool, I might get it.
  Looks nice, but I probably won't get it.
  Doesn't look to amazing to me...
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm
Have you heard of it? Have you seen it?
It looks amazing. It's basically a Nintendo DS, but with more features. Several features are a camera, a slot for an SD card, you can download music and listen to it, and you can record your voice.

There are two cameras on it, one in the front, on in the middle of the DS after you open in. The one in the front is for taking pictures in front of you, like a camera. The camera inside is for taking a picture of yourself. Also, you can make pictures look different. By this, I mean you can stretch peoples' faces, draw on their pictures, and so-on.
For the SD card, you can slide your SD card in there (works well if you have a Wii, because then it's a memory card as well!) and upload music [or pictures, not sure yet] onto the DS and listen to it! Awesome, right!?

The only bad thing is the recordings. You can only record eighteen things, which are (I think) ten seconds each.
This is scheduled to come out in April.
Anyone else besides me think this is going to be extremely awesome?
I'll try finding a video for it in a second...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:44 pm
Okay, here's something I found.
Nintendo DSi
Not the commercial I've seen for it, but still the same.
Not too bad for $169.99, and it says it comes out early in April.
Too bad Christmas was about three monthes ago. :/  

Death Shikaku

Evil Pillows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 pm
Eeh, I had found out about the DSi a few months and I don't plan on getting it. I'm perfectly fine with my DS Lite, it plays DS and GBA games and that's all I need. I really think that the DSi is coming out just to compete with the PSP.

Actually, I remember being really ticked off at Nintendo when they announced the DSi. I mean, it's bad enough that they came out with three different versions of the DS, but they didn't even let each of them sit on the shelves very long before the next model came out. I think that if they had just spent an extra year or two on the first DS that they could have come up with something better, and not made me feel like I have to buy the "upgrade" every two years.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 am
My DS is sill fiarly new, so I won't be getting the DSi. The recording suff sounds cool, but I wouldn't really use those features, so it doens't worry me.
Provided the new games aren't all for the DSi....
ah well, second hand gameboy advance games rock too ^_^  

dragontamer363
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:38 am
i was so pissed when i heard abt it last year! after the long debate over whether to get psp or ds lite since ive been using nintendo consoles, i decided to get ds lite. then a few wks after tt, dsi was announced gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:21 pm
A lot of negitive feedback, eh?

I, too hate the fact they make a new copy of the DS with a new feature every couple of years. I got the first version of the DS on my birthday a couple of monthes it came out, and once I saw the DS Lite, I hated it. It may've looked better, but it wasn't as durable as the first.

...but, this version I like because of all the features. It's like a camera, video game system, and music player all in one! And it's cheaper than the iPods. Also, they increased the screen size in the DSi.

I won't be getting it, either. I don't need another system, and I sold my old DS because I got bored of it.
...but I don't have a camera or mp3 player (or iPod for that matter), so that'll play a big part in me getting it. Honestly, how much I think this is cool, I'd rather buy an mp3 player with my money.  

Death Shikaku

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:52 pm
Nobody's commented on the fact that it isn't GBA back-compatible? That was the real kicker for me. There's more GBA games out than any other handheld console in the world. To remove the GBA slot is such a terrible idea. It's like a slap in the face to those who took advantage of the "trade in your GBA for a reduced price DS".

It's like removing PS2 back-compatibility on the PS3. But that doesn't matter, since the PS3 itself blows.

Just my opinion at least.

Edit: Also, that means newer DS games will have larger screen resolutions to fit the DSi, and I'd imagine that impose a graphics issue with older DS models. Either the games be scaled on older DS screens, causing lowered quality, or the player lose a portion of the outer screen sight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm
iGoldman
Nobody's commented on the fact that it isn't GBA back-compatible? That was the real kicker for me. There's more GBA games out than any other handheld console in the world. To remove the GBA slot is such a terrible idea. It's like a slap in the face to those who took advantage of the "trade in your GBA for a reduced price DS".

It's like removing PS2 back-compatibility on the PS3. But that doesn't matter, since the PS3 itself blows.

Just my opinion at least.

Edit: Also, that means newer DS games will have larger screen resolutions to fit the DSi, and I'd imagine that impose a graphics issue with older DS models. Either the games be scaled on older DS screens, causing lowered quality, or the player lose a portion of the outer screen sight.

I was wondering where the comment on taking out the GBA slot was.

That too was the kicker for me. I love my GBA games and when it said they took out the GBA slot I didn't want one. I've been thinking of buying a DS for a while and a friend told me they'd be coming out with a new DS soon so I've been waiting(not that I have the money right now anyway)

And it looked pretty good, and I was seriously thinking of buying it when I got the money because the camera, recording, and other new features for only about $40 more than the DS lite sounded like a great deal.

That is, until I found out I can't play my GBA games on it. I can always just keep my SP but that's a hassle.

Though, there are ways to play GBA games on DS without the slot. My friend told me about it, you can download games off the internet onto a special card you can buy. My friend has one, she's downloaded old Mario games, I think a Pokemon one, you can find almost anything on the internet.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:29 pm
I don't plan on getting it. I'm fine with my bulky original DS . . .that Nintendo doesn't even make styluses for anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:27 pm
I never had a nintendo DS. The new one coming out sounds cool. The price is defiantly not bad for a brand new product... ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Paradigm Shift Telluric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:29 pm
... No?

I'm fine with playing my GBA Pokemanz on the original DS, thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:54 pm
its retarded its just a Nintendo ds lite with a bunch of fancy tools and such  

Freak Of Nightmare

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 am
Evil Pillows
Eeh, I had found out about the DSi a few months and I don't plan on getting it. I'm perfectly fine with my DS Lite, it plays DS and GBA games and that's all I need. I really think that the DSi is coming out just to compete with the PSP.

Actually, I remember being really ticked off at Nintendo when they announced the DSi. I mean, it's bad enough that they came out with three different versions of the DS, but they didn't even let each of them sit on the shelves very long before the next model came out. I think that if they had just spent an extra year or two on the first DS that they could have come up with something better, and not made me feel like I have to buy the "upgrade" every two years.

is seconded.. im a nintendo fan and thats what I feel as well.. now I dont buy portables. not like i used to as before  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games