Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] And then there were four . . . (Ubele and Ufunuo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm
Ubele kept glancing behind her every few seconds, her gaze filled with wonder. She couldn't keep from staring at the graceful figure that flew behind her. Her name was Huria and she was her bondbird. Ubele marveled at the fact that just as she had been mourning the fact that she hadn't found her bonded, Huria had shown up. She'd been wary at first, but now Ubele was enchanted with her bond and was hurrying to introduce Huria to her brother Ufunuo and his bonded Daga.

Huria chuckled merrily at Ubele's actions, amused and just as enchanted as she was. Swooping down, she landed gently on the young lionesses back. It was a bit of an effort, but she held on gently with her talons so as not to hurt Ubele. She was excited about meeting her brother and the rest of her family. She wished to see if they were as wonderful as her bonded.

Ubele turned and grinned, "Comfy, Huria? We're almost there. I can't wait to introduce you to Ufu and Daga and Father too!"

Ubele's tone and actions were quite different from the way she was usually. She hadn't been this happy since before the quake and before the loss of her mother. Casting her nose about, Ubele scented her brother nearby and with a cry of happiness hastened her steps and called out.

"UFUNUO! Brother! Where are you?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a quiet, peaceful day, the sun warm, the breeze gentle. It was such a beautiful day that Ufunuo, the cub who almost never stopped moving, had chosen to take a rest from his hunting adventures to simply enjoy the quiet. After all, everyone, even heirs and aspiring hunters, needed a lazy day from time to time.

He lay curled in the soft grass near the den, dark hide warmed by the sun, tail twitching with his dreams. Between his paws, feathers ruffled, head nested beneath one wing, Daga slept at his bonded's side, having fully agreed that it was indeed the perfect day for a nap.

A voice broke through his dreams, ears twitching at the familiar call. The cub stirred, a broad yawn splitting his maw, paws curling as his limbs reached in a stretch.

"Huh?"

Oh! It was his sister, and she sounded excited about something! The remnants of sleep left his body in an instant, bounding to his paws in a sudden surge of cubbish energy.

"Wake up, Daga!"

The eagle's eyes opened, ruffling in indignation at the paw that nudged him, such a peaceful dream he had been having. Looking to his bonded, wings stretched, amazing the endless energy of the young. Now, what was all the excitement about?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 pm
Hearing her twin's voice nearby sent a surge of excitement through Ubele and she raced faster around the curves, following his scent and the sound of his voice. Huria gently launched back into the air and wheeled gently overhead, so as to give Ubele a chance to surprise her brother. Somehow the bird knew that was what her bonded wanted.

Ubele grinned as she sighed Ufunuo and she slowed, almost skidding to a stop in front of him. She laughed at the small clouds of dust she raised at her speedy entrance.

"Brother! Ufunuo, I have fantastic news," she cried happily. She reached over and bumped her head against him fondly and she purred as hard as she could. What a fantastic feeling this was! She hadn't felt so happy and content in such a long time.

Huria had settled nearby, far enough away to give Ubele a chance to explain, but not so far as to let her young bonded out of her sight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 pm
"Ubele!"

Happily, Ufunuo bounded toward his sister to meet her half-way, bouncing on his paws as he brushed against her affectionately.

"What is it?"

She seemed so excited, something big must have happened. For an instant, he might have thought something had upset her, but no, he could not remember the last time he had seen her so happy, not since before the quake. Perhaps he had not realized that until this moment, or how much he had missed that smile.

A smile spread across his maw, his own excited fueled by hers. And now his curiosity was getting the better of him. What could have happened to make her so happy?

"What happened?"

Daga simply yawned, feathers ruffling as he settled on a nearby rock, shooting a sideways glance at the pair of cubs. He had rather been enjoying his afternoon nap thank you.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 am
Ubele simply couldn't keep it in any longer. She had to tell him so that he could celebrate with her. Still, she wanted Daga to meet Huria as well, so she pleaded with her brother's bonded to join them.

"Daga, please, could you come here? I want you to hear this too," she asked the bird. Still, she just barely managed to pause a few seconds before turning back to Ufunuo to tell him the great news.

"Brother! I found my bonded! Well, she found me, but my bond bird! I was having all these nightmares that I would never bond and that I would be cast out of the pride and I didn't know what to do. I was so upset so I went walking last night and I ran into Peke and he asked me what was wrong, so I told him and he told me not to worry, and suddenly there she was!"

She rushed out the statement in barely a breath, hoping Ufu had understood it. Ubele glanced over her shoulder to the nearby tree and called out to Huria.

"Huria, could you please come here? I want you to meet Ufunuo and Daga!"

Huria launched herself happily out of the tree and landed gracefully and gently next to her bonded. It wasn't easy to land on such a flat surface, but she managed. She knew that she and Ubele made a charming pair and she paused a moment before speaking.

"Hello there, Ufunuo and Daga. I am Huria, Ubele's bonded."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Really? That's great! I knew you would find your bonded!"

It was wonderful news! Dancing on his paws, Ufunuo weaved his own form against his sister's, his head brushing against her shoulder, purring with the grin on his maw, his own idea of a hug. Oh they would have to tell Papa, he would be so happy!

But he paused, his brow furrowed at her words, concern touching his features. Had she really felt that way? Was she really so afraid? He had always known she would find her bonded, there had never been any doubt in his mind.

"You would have never been cast out, I wouldn't allow it."

His words were sincere, spoken from his heart. He would never let anything happen to her, ever. No matter what, they would always be together, he would never abandon her.

It was at the mention of bonded that Daga's attention turned to the conversation, suddenly very interested in the cubs and the news Ubele had brought her brother. Huria was it? Hmmm, well she was a very handsome bird, this was worth missing a nap for, most certainly.

Wings spread, Daga lept from his perch, settling to land at his bonded's side with a small bow.

"Hello."

"Hi Huria! Don't mind Daga, he gets a bit grumpy sometimes."

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 pm
Ubele returned her brother's grin and his gesture of affection. She shared in his joy. His honest assurance that he wouldn't have allowed for anything to happen to her banished any lingering trace of doubt from her mind. Now she had her bonded, just as her brother did. She couldn't wait to tell their father. Ubele knew he would be pleased.

Huria perched next to Ubele in happy contentment. She felt so very satisfied and quite pleased with herself. She had finally found her bonded, just as she knew she would have. Also, the company her bonded kept certainly wasn't anything to complain about either. She watched the other bird with mild interest. He was a handsome creature and was obviously a good match for Ubele's brother.

"Hello to you," she said pleasantly, returning Daga's greeting.

Ubele watched the two birds with a grin, and barely managed to suppress a giggle. She had a feeling that the two birds would become good friends. She smiled and turned back to her brother.

"I'm so delighted! Huria is wonderful too, just perfect for me. I was so upset and worried and then suddenly, she appeared! Hestia was definitely looking out for me today."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 pm
"She always has been."

A soft smile, things always seemed to work out. Somehow, everyone found the bonded that was right for them, the match that they needed most. It was not a choice, but a destiny, as if two parts of one were drawn together. Papa and Mfalme, Ufunuo and Daga, Ubele and Huria, truly they had all been blessed by Hestia.

"Papa will be proud!"

They would have to show him! But first, it was playtime!

Endless energy, so much excitement, Ufunuo reared onto his hind paws, batting playfully at his sister with his fore before wrapping them around her neck in a hug, an attempted tackle, filling the air with cubbish laughter.

Daga's head titled one way, then the other, watching the other bird with interest, as if he were sizing her up, or perhaps trying to figure out what had brought the pair together.

"I am Daga, it is a pleasure to meet you."

He liked her, yes, he was certain they would get along. Oh the stories they were certain to share, bonded to such a pair of cubs.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:38 am
Ubele noticed the mischievous gleam in her brother's eyes, so she grinned and was ready when he pounced on her. Wrapping her own paws around him, she proceeded to wrestle him gently to the ground. It had been quite awhile since they'd both been in the mood for playing, and she was ready to enjoy it.

Huria watched the cubs with certain amusement, before she gently ruffled her feathers and turned back to Daga. He certainly was a handsome bird, a crowned eagle if Huria was not mistaken. He and Ufunuo made a handsome pair, though perhaps not as lovely a pair as she and Ubele made, she thought smugly to herself.

"A pleasure to meet you too. I am Huria. So, you are Ufunuo's bonded? May I ask when you first met him?" she asked, politely. "I only just found Ubele and am curious as to when you found yours. If you don't mind my asking."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 pm
Laughter, Ufunuo laid on his side, batting at his sister with soft paws, a playful growl. And then he was on his paws again, springing to his feet in a bound, crouching in front of his sister, tail flicking over his back.

Ah it felt good to play with his sister, how long had it been since they had last enjoyed a game together? Now that he thought about it it seemed so long ago, how could he not have noticed how much he missed it? How much he had missed the happy playfulness. Even if she was a bit hardheaded and bossy sometimes, he had always treasured the company of his twin.

"Hah, you gotta catch me!"

Grinning, he bounded around his sister, one way, then the other, trying to stay out of her reach, but only laughing if she caught him.

"I am."

Daga nodded at the question, wings folding to rest at his sides.

"We met not long ago, though now it seems another lifetime. Hestia sent me to him right after the quake, when the outsiders came to the pride. I suppose she knew exactly what he needed, and what I needed as well."

The truly were a perfect match.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Huria ruffled her feathers a bit before settling more comfortably. She watched the two cubs happily, but it was quite obvious that she only had eyes for Ubele.

"Indeed. It seems that Hestia knows exactly when our arrival would do the most good. Though I'm a little later in coming, I'm happy to be here now."

Ubele chased her brother with utter joy. It had been so long since she could recall being so carefree and happy. It was so novel to just be able to romp around and play without being worried, or scared, or angry. She wasn't doing the best job chasing him however, because her gaze would continuously go back to the two birds, as if to convince herself that it wasn't her imagination.

Still, with a grin she focused on catching her brother and gleefully pounced, trying to catch him. It was a wonderful feeling and an absolutely wonderful day, the first in a very long time.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 pm
With a squeak and a giggle, Ufunuo bounded away from his sister, always staying just out of reach, teasing her with a fuzzy paw and a twitch of his tail whenever she faltered. Oh she had gotten close a few times, but he couldn't make it easy for her. What kind of brother would he be if he didn't tease her a bit?

"Come on, Ubele, you can do better than--eep!"

She had caught him, sending him tumbling to the ground beneath her in a flurry of laughter and flailing paws.

It was a beautiful day, one he would look back on later and always treasure, one he would hope there would be many more of, a time he would later wish could last forever. But today was not the time for such thoughts, for now he simply played with his sister, oblivious to the passing of time.

Daga simply nodded with a soft smile. Yes, a beautiful day, may it never fade.

end?  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas