View Results

Lampkin

Shadowy Hunter

10,300 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm
an 18 year old boy was born in london with out a body. but his father loved him just the same. so for his 18th birthday his father decides to take him to the pub and ordered him the best beer that they had. the bartender handed the boy his beer with the straw and the boy took a drink. out poped his tourso. they were so excided that the father said: "drink my boy." so he took another drink and out poped his arms and hands. the father didn't even have to say a word the boy took another drink and out came his legs and feet. he was so happy that he wasnted to show every body so he ran out the bar. as soon as he entered the street an semi hit him. the bartender looked at the father and said: "that boy should have quit while he was still a head."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 am
? i dont get it// sweatdrop  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Yllirion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am
I did not get it at all *total silent *  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 am
lol I think I get it.
He was a head to begin with so the saying "that boy should have quit while he was still a head" is....a..... (UGH! I am SO bad at english verbs/adj those things. o_O") Pun?? Or something....
*looks for DT (DT= master at english and writing)*
I think I just forgot what a pun is exactly though... sweatdrop

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 pm
*giggles* I've heard that before XD

Seriously, you don't get it? 0o
It's a play on the saying "you should quit while you're ahead". So yeah, it's a pun...i think XD

-ahem-
yay! boozing at 18! Actually, considering how drunk I got yesterday, maybe it's a good idea to wiat til you're 21....*cackles*
oh dear ><  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:52 pm
I thought this was a chain letter from the first line:
"an 18 year old boy was born in london with out a body."

Since I've read one that started similarly, and though I don't believe in chain letters, they still creep my out when they say things are going to come for you.
So I kept waiting for other people to comment to read it to make sure it wasn't a chain letter. >>

I don't really find puns all that funny though. Usually all they get from me are pity laughs. sweatdrop  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 pm
I didnt quite comment on ti cause I didnt found it funny tho I knew it wassuppose to be a jock neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 am
@Zizzy
Yeah I hate chainletters too. They're always fake though and just a nuisance.

@DT
Ah-ha! So it is a pun! I feel smart. XD

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 am
Zizzykitty
I thought this was a chain letter from the first line:
"an 18 year old boy was born in london with out a body."

Since I've read one that started similarly, and though I don't believe in chain letters, they still creep my out when they say things are going to come for you.
So I kept waiting for other people to comment to read it to make sure it wasn't a chain letter. >>

I don't really find puns all that funny though. Usually all they get from me are pity laughs. sweatdrop

Ditto about the puns.

With chain letters I've gotten in the past they always asked for your favorite number and whatever that number was that was how many people you had to send it to....lucky for me 'zero' is my favorite....hehe... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 am
all I know is that.. I kinda get it but I still dont get why it was told like that.. I kinda dun like the story.. it's weird.. sweatdrop  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items