Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
psychic vampires Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

so what do you think about psychic vampires?
  real
  scam
View Results

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:32 am
so I was bored...
so I was on the internet...
so I found a few very interesting articles on psychic vampires, including a book someone wrote on how to be one, or something of that sort.
actually, it was a book on what being a psychic vampire was about, the levels, auras, shields, healing. i dunno. it was a lot, and i cant read it all because i can't read stuff in red. which is what color it happens to be. well the chapter titles anyways, and im lazy.

they explain how they feed. you know, when you complain about psychic vamps draining you. those people that every time you're around, you get really tired too easy. anyway.

Quote:
When we are the center of attention of a whole group, we may feed upon the emotions of those around us as they are directed toward us. Those involved in the group are unlikely to notice the loss of energy, and oftentimes feeding in this way only increases their focus upon you.

This is an activity many Potentials engage in, though they do not often consciously understand what it is they do. This is one of the main reasons many Potentials are drawn toward the stage. Many become actors, storytellers, musicians or other performers so that they may achieve the kind of focused attention they crave.

For those who have Become, this is a pleasing activity, but rarely satisfies more than the most superficial of needs.

Even when a group is not focused upon us, we may feed generally upon them. No physical contact is necessary: we simply expand our awareness to encompass the group around us as if throwing out a net, or visualize ourselves at the center of a whirlpool, drawing everything in. Thus our energy extends beyond ourselves and, like embracing good friends, we pull bits of everyone about us into ourselves, breathing them deeply.

Quote:
When you are starved for energy and no opportunity to adequately sate your needs has arrived, you may find that you will send yourself out in dreams. This is much like astral travel, although it is largely an unconscious activity.

i just thought i'd share and ask what people thought on the subject on psychic vampires. its a just-for-fun topic.
i get what they're saying, but mostly they're writing these books and aiming them towards gothic teens. thats the category they're in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 am
I heard and studied them alittle bit before.

Personally they are an indangerment to themselves and others. When absorb anothers emotion, you always absorb a bit of their personality and how "they" feel unless you apply a filter. It's like having unprotected sex, you don't know what diesease you'll get with something off the street.

I've heard of several of them using tenticals to latch on to their hosts or finding a trustworthy person to actually aquire rich energy from the the hosts blood.

If it's not too much trouble, would I be able to see this site o.o If not, it's cool :3 I'm really interested in them at the moment

Namikikyo

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 am
I have no truck with vampires. They're leeches, and theives, and I don't allow myself to be used by them - whatever form they come in.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:35 pm
I would really like to see the site and your source. I find it. . . interesting. Also, have you heard of the Psychic Vampire Codex, by Michelle Ballanger? It's a rather unique perspective on the subject.  

RubyLight

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:53 pm
RubyLight
I would really like to see the site and your source. I find it. . . interesting. Also, have you heard of the Psychic Vampire Codex, by Michelle Ballanger? It's a rather unique perspective on the subject.

that is the source.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:04 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
RubyLight

that is the source.

Ah, well. . . I haven't read it in a couple of years. . . sweatdrop  

RubyLight

RAZZLESGIRL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 pm
Can you tell me what site that was on?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:55 pm
THOU SHALT NOT CALL THESE PEOPLE VAMPIRES. It encourages them.

For some reason, it gives them the impression that they are actually vampires. And that is something up with which I shall not put!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm
The concept of vampires is not real. It's a fictional creature created by Bram Stoker.
And psychic vampires are just a bunch of shallow wannabes who want a reason to be irritating. All the people I've met who have claimed themselves to be "psychic vampires" have been screwed-up idiots who like to make up stories about themselves to make themselves sound interesting. (Example: someone I knew---still know---thinks they have over 60 spirit guides, thinks they were a nine-tailed demon in their past life, and is constantly talking about all the incredibly HORRIBLE and DEPRESSING things that have happened to them in life(even though none of it is true), they're constantly arguing and trying to make them seem better than everyone else (and when they're not doing that they're trying to make themselves seem worse off), etc, etc. I've met a few other people with similar delusions about themselves.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 pm
Tari_Leralonde
The concept of vampires is not real. It's a fictional creature created by Bram Stoker.
And psychic vampires are just a bunch of shallow wannabes who want a reason to be irritating. All the people I've met who have claimed themselves to be "psychic vampires" have been screwed-up idiots who like to make up stories about themselves to make themselves sound interesting. (Example: someone I knew---still know---thinks they have over 60 spirit guides, thinks they were a nine-tailed demon in their past life, and is constantly talking about all the incredibly HORRIBLE and DEPRESSING things that have happened to them in life(even though none of it is true), they're constantly arguing and trying to make them seem better than everyone else (and when they're not doing that they're trying to make themselves seem worse off), etc, etc. I've met a few other people with similar delusions about themselves.)

the idea of vampires have actually been around centuries before bram stoker was even born, in several countries, on all livable continents, from many many different cultures. and to those cultures the threat of vampires is not fiction, it is preceived to be very real. even today in parts of romania villagers still perform the rites to destroy vampires if is believed that one has risen.

as for what you say about psychic vamps, i agree. even the ones who seem more 'down-to-earth' are still weird, from my personal observations, but hey, to each his own. so long as they don't drain me.  

whiporwill-o

raging-earth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 am
♪♪ boycott love...

I used to be a member of the otherkin community (which most psychic and sanguine vampires find eventually) but have since then parted ways from them as I no longer felt I needed the resources they could provide. But through that community I have met a large number of psychic and sanguine vampires.

To be honest, I was a blood donor for a sanguine for some time, until I start having mental instability again and my self-injury habits started popping back up. We decided that it was safer for me if we ended the donor relationship.

Most psychic vamps that I know crowd feed, which isn't really a psychic vampire practice as most of the pagans I knew do that as well, myself included (never directly off of a person, though, only off of the energy already set off by the dancing crowd). There are websites where you can find more information on them: otherkin.com (some people here you have to take with a grain of salt, though I hear they've gotten better since the last time I visited) and trueformwithin.org for example.

...detox just to retox ♫♫

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 am
When it comes to topics like these, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.
Yes, I can believe that someone would "feed" off the energy of a crowd, because yes, you can feel revitalized by being in a crowd and feeling ["absorbing"?] the energy in it.[Loosely interpreting the word "feed" there]
But needing it to survive?
I'm iffy with it at best. For now, I won't pass it off as fake, but until I have concrete evidence, I'll have doubts.  

Ellisari

raging-earth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:05 am
iChibi-Panda
When it comes to topics like these, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.
Yes, I can believe that someone would "feed" off the energy of a crowd, because yes, you can feel revitalized by being in a crowd and feeling ["absorbing"?] the energy in it.[Loosely interpreting the word "feed" there]
But needing it to survive?
I'm iffy with it at best. For now, I won't pass it off as fake, but until I have concrete evidence, I'll have doubts.
♪♪ boycott love...

I definitely question it now and, looking back, think there was a strong case of delusion to a lot of the people I met, myself included. Of course, this was about three years ago and I hope that those people who didn't question are now more clear headed when it comes to the topic.

I often wonder if maybe it's not a case of needing the energy to survive, but becoming so addicted to it that you do feel sick and weak when you are without. I've known people that could suck the energy out of a room, so to speak, when they entered it, but when they learned to shield properly they no longer did so and some of them went through a type of withdraw. A lot of the psychic vampires out there are probably people who felt the withdraw and assumed that meant they were a psychic vamp, instead of dealing with it.
But that's just a theory and not everyone is like that.

That's one thing I had to give the trueformwithin.org forums credit for, when a new person came to their vampire forums the first thing they always asked was "have you gone to the doctor?" and they really pushed the idea of looking for mundane explanations before you turned to the idea of being a vampire.

...detox just to retox ♫♫

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:29 am
Yeah, that is maybe a little more reasonable.
As long as no one is telling me they depend on human energy to survive, I'm ok with people who "feed" off human energy. [Once again, loosely interpreting feed there.]
I think there's a lot of cases of delusion when it comes to psychic "vampires". There's a lot of reason to be skeptic and not much evidence of the claims, and to be quite blunt, most people who make the claim of "vampire" are either high school emo children looking to be "different", or are mentally ill, suffering from high amounts of stress, an illness or disorder, or are subject to a drug addiction. Most cases of "vampirism" have mundane explanations.
So, I am open to the idea of maybe an addiction to human energy, but not a dependency on it.  

Ellisari

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:39 am
I don't doubt that it can be done, and I've heard of people doing it before, but most people that claim to be "psychic vampires" that I personally know of are people who find a way to seem better or cooler or creepier than others. Regardless, I don't think I'd stoop to letting them feed from me... D:  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games