Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DS or PSP
  DS
  PSP
View Results

The Insane Swordsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:13 pm
I know this is a dumb question in here, but it for my math class, so which is better, ds or psp just vote on the pole. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:04 pm
"better" is arbitrary confused but I say DS. It has a better list of games, at least at the moment. It'll probably stay that way. Nintendo is on top of their game, and their handhelds dominate the market. Third-parties are scrambling to make a hit title for the DS, taking full advantage of the dual-screens and touch-screen. Reviewers are raving over the DS, and that is good sign for the future.

The PSP was a one-hit wonder. It came out and got instant aclaim because it was Sony. It, however, immediately lost fanbase because there wasn't game to back up gamers. The screen was too small for DVD on-the-movers. It had problems that Sony wouldn't pay heed it, generally ignoring disgruntled gamers demanding quality control. It came. It saw. It was conquered.

The DS can do everything, and I do mean everything, the PSP can do...and then some. The DS has a microphone, better sound, and equivelant picture display. The screens (seperate) are a bit smaller, but they offer quality on par with Nitnendo's Seal of Quality. The PSP might show drastic improvement come its second or third generation, and the inclusion of good games. What it's relying on, now, are short-lived sports and racing games.

The DS and PSP both have online, via WiFi. The PSP is currently available, but it is pay-to-play. The DS will be available shortly on free servers. Both can wirelessly connect to other nearby like systems. The PSP maxes at around 16 other PSPs. The DS maxes at around 32, primarly because of tested experiance with Pokemon.  

Edymion
Captain

SERPENTLORD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 pm
ok so the psp has some really good features like online play, movies and all that but they require those damn memory sticks and all that. The ds has really good ideas with the touch screen and that but the choice in games. In my opinion it would be the DS for best choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:15 pm
I'm guessing you may get a biased vote.. noting that you're in a Nintendo Guild... rolleyes

VanillaOrange

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:39 pm
I got in a debate with someone about the DS vs. PSP... What I said was, there will never be a winner, because each handheld suits a certain person differently. I myself like the idea that the PSP has MP3 & DVD, but the thing is, I don't go anywhere long enough to watch movies on it, and I have a DVD player, and I have a cd player, that's fine for me, I don't listen to over 30 songs in one day anyways when I am listening to it...

So, I myself, don't see any reason paying 250 dollars for a handheld if all I want to do is play games on it.

I want a PSP, but for different games...

Also, I like the DS better, just because I like the games.... It's just... more me...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:45 pm
1969 said something remarkably similar to what I said...only in not so many words xd and so much easier to understand.

:p Debating over gaming systems is rather rediculous. I prefer the DS. I have found one game I want for the PSP, and that will be picked up much later for me. I need to see a major price drop, and I need to see hardware reliability.  

Edymion
Captain

AMTwister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:59 am
I perfer my DS over my PSP.

For me, the DS has a better game selection. Though I do have 1 good PSP game so far.

Both have Wi-Fi, which is good. Online gaming is cool. The internet access for the PSP is hard to manuever (for me at least). They way you type sucks. I would much rather use the touch screen on the DS.

Buying memory sticks is very annoying. Because the PSP uses disk(Sony style), and the DS uses game cards(Nintendo style) the DS has an advantage. The DS you buy your game, and thats it. It saves right on the cartridge.

The MP3 things is pretty neat. I really don't buy CD's bacause I usually listen to the radio. So, I'd usually use a PSP for long car trips or something. But if I have the radio, what's the point?

The UMD movies are pretty useless unless you're isolated from people. The PSP doesn't have a loud sound system. So you have to go buy a speaker attachment, if other people want to watch with you.

So even though the PSP has advantages in some points, you have to use a lot of money to use it to it's potential. Which is bad because I really don't have much to spend.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:14 pm
I have a suggestion: You should post this in the gaming discussion forum and not in the nintendo guild cause this guild is full of Nintendo fanatics who will always say the DS is better and it would be more accurate. I think the DS is better cause it has WFC and is a heck of a lot cheaper than the PSP. Doesn't Sony know that handheld systems aren't supposed to cost $249.99 cause its way too expensive and all the upgrades you get for it to make it like an iPod that holds less songs costs close to that amount.  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:24 pm
We aren't all Nintendo fanatics xd There are a good deal of posters who have made valid points in the DS v. PSP discussion.

I've seen a lot of Sony fanboys in the Gaming Discussion forum that seem to think that the 2 million PSP units are greater than the 5 - 7 million DS units sold... Huh... The math doesn't seem to support 2>7 but, rather, 2<7.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:35 pm
Edymion
We aren't all Nintendo fanatics xd There are a good deal of posters who have made valid points in the DS v. PSP discussion.

People are so stereotypical.
xp

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

The Insane Swordsman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:20 am
sweatdrop sorry i for got to tell you i was done with that  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:39 pm
If you wants me to lock it, I certainly will. I think there is always room for discussion in a given thread, and this one is open to interpretation more and more as time goes on.  

Edymion
Captain

The Insane Swordsman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:34 pm
Your Guild, Your call  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:30 pm
It may be my guild, but it's your thread wink I like to leave certain things to members.  

Edymion
Captain

The Insane Swordsman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:49 pm
True, why not, even though it life is just about dead, so just use at for the poll, but you can still post.  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff