Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:35 pm
Tonights lavish question is:
How much do you value your fitness?

Personally for me how much? A lot.
I don't care if I'm fat or skinny, buff or a sack of bones, but It would really get to me if i were to be out of breath after climbing 2 flights of stairs.
For now thats not the case, I can man handle a jackleg all day long in an air deprived environment while smoking a cigarette here and there wink .  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm
Hm, I guess I would be pretty mad if my clothes stopped fitting or if I started having trouble carrying seventy pounds around...
I do try to work out every morning I remember, but part of it is to keep my veins large and part of it is to spite my old gym teacher.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:04 pm
Thanks to working out, I don't get winded very easily, but I still look fairly out of shape... which kind of sucks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm
As long as I don't gain too much weight I'm good. I also like having visable abs and biceps, but thats about it.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:25 am
I wouldn't mind NOT being a stick, but as of now, I'm really thin and probably will be for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:21 pm
For me, I'm nowhere in the shape I used to be. When I wrestled, I kept my weight at 250 pounds, and was able to run about a 7 minute mile without getting winded. Mind you, I'm a bigger guy, that mile was a challenge. Now, I can run maybe 1/4 mile and be out of breath. I weighed myself last week and I'm up at 280.
I get slightly winded going up stairs, but that's because I take them 3 at a time. Once I start working, I'll be joining a gym here in town. I want to get back down to 250, that was a really good weight for me. If went any lower than that, I would look bad. I have a massive rib cage, that just wouldn't look right.

I do value my fitness, just got lazy over the years. I'll be back in shape by the end of this year though. I never wanna be some giant buff body builder, just in good shape and well toned.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

broken_joker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:55 pm
I probably don't do as much as I should.

In the summer, I'll blade to college but I walk in winter months. It's half an hour there and another half hour back, so I do about an hours worth of exercise a day. But that's it - other than up and down stairs at college during the day.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 pm
I value it highly.

It's good to be healthy, plus it just really bums you out when you can't manage to climb up 3 flights of stairs without getting tired or not being able to lift up a chair or something. I like to be able to do things for myself you know.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 pm
I've traditionally been awful about it, but I've been getting better. At my heaviest, I was around 5' 10" and 210 pounds, and I'm not the same height but about 190. My goal is to eventually hit 170. The weight I've lost is weight I've lost since I began college. My school doesn't have cafeterias or "meal plans", so we have to shop and cook for ourselves. My parents always did this for me at home, so while at school, I've become more conscious of what I eat and how often, especially since I now see a very clear cause and effect between buying and eating.

Since the New Year, I've been especially good about health. I take the stairs (seven stories) up to my apartment at least twice a day, and I always take them down, no mater how many times I need to. I've cut out all fried food from my diet since the beginning of the year, save for two french fries last week and one small serving of potato chips (crisps) last month. I've also cut out all soda and all caffeine.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:33 pm
GilAskan
I've traditionally been awful about it, but I've been getting better. At my heaviest, I was around 5' 10" and 210 pounds, and I'm not the same height but about 190. My goal is to eventually hit 170. The weight I've lost is weight I've lost since I began college. My school doesn't have cafeterias or "meal plans", so we have to shop and cook for ourselves. My parents always did this for me at home, so while at school, I've become more conscious of what I eat and how often, especially since I now see a very clear cause and effect between buying and eating.

Since the New Year, I've been especially good about health. I take the stairs (seven stories) up to my apartment at least twice a day, and I always take them down, no mater how many times I need to. I've cut out all fried food from my diet since the beginning of the year, save for two french fries last week and one small serving of potato chips (crisps) last month. I've also cut out all soda and all caffeine.
Good job man. smile

If you do things yourself and have to take responsibility for them, you are become more aware of them. That's why I like shopping for myself; I have to depend on myself to make good choices and watch myself and I'm not depending on someone else and just hoping they do their job right.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 pm
I cut soda out of my diet too, in fear for my teeth though. I still drink coffee though...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:41 pm
My diet consists of coffee and cigarettes XD... i don't always have time to eat.  

the_underworks

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:44 pm
the_underworks
My diet consists of coffee and cigarettes XD... i don't always have time to eat.
What a great combo, next you should try beer and sausages.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Its just lunch when i work... i cant really carry anything with me, my lunch box always ends up being flattened by a machine, or I lose it somewhere or even,(has happened many times) kick it down the raise accidentally. And at 4 in the morning, I have trouble eating sometimes. So, this leads to eating supper and before i go to sleep...  

the_underworks

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm
the_underworks
Digital Malevolence
the_underworks
Its just lunch when i work... i cant really carry anything with me, my lunch box always ends up being flattened by a machine, or I lose it somewhere or even,(has happened many times) kick it down the raise accidentally. And at 4 in the morning, I have trouble eating sometimes. So, this leads to eating supper and before i go to sleep...
Yeah, I understand. I can't eat until I've been awake for over an hour, and I never wake up until I need to be out of my house in a halfhour, so no breakfast for me. And I never eat lunch because I forget to....I have dinner though.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff