Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
You want my badge number? Here's my freakin' badge number!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Title has nothing to do with this.

So I got the Silent Hill Origins (Zero) soundtrack in the mail today. I wanted to get it in my CD-ROM-less laptop and ripped it onto another computer in the house and put it on a flash drive. I then plugged the drive into the laptop and clicked play. And what happens?

Apparently I need a license to play music I bought. What is this, Communist China? It's freely available, but ony a certain amount of times. What bullshittery is this? I paid for the f@#$ing thing and I should be able to play it when, where, and however many times I want.

So I deleted the files off the drive and uploaded the CD onto another computer with an older version of Windows Media Player. I then got the files onto the drive again and plugged it into the laptop with success, and even moved it onto my Micro SD card for my phone (if you've never seen one, they really mean micro. It's like fingernail-sized. Needs an adapter to even fit in anything but the phone. Heh heh, bad innuendo there.)

I'm really into the Silent Hill music. Great for driving, walking, or riding a bike. Most of it's weird ambient noise with a vague pulse of one emotion or another, but there's some good musical tracks as well. Look up "Theme of Laura", "Love Psalm", or "Overdose Delusion" for examples if you're interested.

Oh yeah, a discussion... um... what do you think of the powers that be and their fascist music control?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:14 am

Welcome to DRM.

Fortunately, DRM is dying. iTunes is dropping (has dropped?) it, and I don't think it'll last long after that. Sucks you caught the tail end of a bad thing.

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 am

Fresnel
Welcome to DRM.

Fortunately, DRM is dying. iTunes is dropping (has dropped?) it, and I don't think it'll last long after that. Sucks you caught the tail end of a bad thing.

Well that's a good thing. And thankfully I managed to skirt around it. At least I think I did.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

User Image

Here's my badge number.

Yeah, I.... find music laying around the internet. So, like a good netizin i pick it up.. its not nice to leave music laying around the internet. makes it look tacky.

biggrin

All the music i.. find plays in every thing i put it in.

Crash Maniac

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff