Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Watchmen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 pm
So, they changed the squid, amped up the violence as much as they possibly could, and removed some of the most interesting dialogue.

Still, the movie was decent, and well made. Plus the acting was surprisingly good, except for the emotionless laurie  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:06 pm
It was decent. I really liked the first half, but it went way down from there.

The lack of Manhattan/Veidt dialogue irked me as well as the abandonment of anti-superhero theme.  

Jonnnn

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 am
brb re-reading the novel.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 am
Jonnnn

The lack of Manhattan/Veidt dialogue irked me as well as the abandonment of anti-superhero theme.

Define "first half"  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am
nitnit
Jonnnn

Define "first half"

Up until SS and Nite Owl go super-feminine a** kicking. Especially the entire Antarctica scene, which was pretty painful to watch.

The only really bad apart before that was kung-fu comedian.

I thought the introduction to the Minutemen with Bob Dylan was brilliant - probably my favorite part. I plugged my ears when MCR's Dylan cover came on, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 am
There was a reason that Moore didn't want to watch the movie...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 am
I disliked the majority of the action in the movie. I don't like the over-the-top matrix style kung fu with random slow motion thrown in there (worst slow motion sequence - silk spectre runs out of a burning building, so they throw in some slow motion just to show her hair move....)

Now, if they only had as much action as the graphic novel did, this wouldn't be a problem. They amped it up as much as possible, and even added in extra action scenes. Also, I didn't like how a lot of the heroes, being normal people, received blows that would kill almost anyone, and they weren't really wearing any heavy armor like batman.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:53 pm
I can bare the slow motion - as there really is not much of it - but I can't bare the fact that everyone can deliver deadly bone-breaking punches.

The end is also supposed to confirm John's lack of care for humans, not reassure us of it.  

Jonnnn

terraemporer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:52 am
i thought the movie was awesome great acting and every thing there were some things we could have done without (Dr. manhattans wang) but thats about it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 pm
terraemporer
i thought the movie was awesome great acting and every thing there were some things we could have done without (Dr. manhattans wang) but thats about it

Jonnnn

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm
I thought this was pretty clever

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:05 pm
I liked the watchmen movie. But then again Ive never read the graphic novel before.  

Ten of Hearts

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:16 pm
Then read the Graphic Novel. It's much more awesome-er. Watchmen was meant for the pages, not the big screen.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games