Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you find life monotonous
  yes
  no
View Results

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:25 am
just a thought since im stuck at my grans with nothing to do... its only the beginning of march and i already feel drained for the year): everything is so rushed and packed on top of each other i feel as if im buried deep in mountains of poisonous gas and I CANT BREATHE crying i feel like im not enjoying the last of my sec sch life and just letting it pass without looking back... i feel like everyday is a repetition of sch sch sch, cca cca cca, sleeepiness all the time... i feel like im not putting effort into things i do and this makes me sad): im just doing them for the sake of doing it sad
or maybe its just the air around here thats making me feel moody... hmmm, nonetheless, post your views on
> your life right now
> do you find it repetitive and monotonous?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:40 am
aw hun, I'm sur ethinsg will start looking up *hugs*

I know what you mean, though. i think it;s something to do with teh slump at teh end fo winter, after all the celebrations where we get depressed because we're sick of everyting until spring show sup and lightens up our lives smile  

dragontamer363
Crew

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 am
my life right now? kinda boring.. and yup it is monotonous.. darn.. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:50 am
Awe poor J! *hugs*

My life has been the same but it's been good so far like that. With the time change it was a little hard getting up. >_<
But every day is the same here. It's just getting up....going to work...then coming home and doing the same old things. Then when the weekend came...it's usually not anything too too amazing. It honestly felt really nice for once with the weather warmer and spring like.

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Fate-J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am
-DT-
thanks*huggs*
but its summer all yr round over here gonk i guess tts what makes life even more monotonous):

-Neko (?)-
hello, nice to meet new pple around(: and yes, darn..

-Moonlight-
crying *huggs*
yes, everyday is the same for me too): im getting rusty like tt, things just become routine work... hmm, many of you live in seasonal areas. hope to experience tt someday, watch the seasons go whoosh(: rather than summer all yr-.-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 am
Haha I can understand that. as much as a whinge about the colder weather in winter, at least there's variety.
(then again, at leats you always know what to wear-haha)

Have you thought about trying out something new? When I first went to uni I made an effort to do somethingnew, so I started karate, and it was fun.
Now i'm back in that frame of mind and I'm trying to do new thinsg every week. Even something as stupid as just going into a new shop by yourself.

Here's a cool quote to rev you up:

Quote:

Whatever you do, or dream you can do,
begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Begin it now
{Goethe}

At the moment I'm trying to rev myslef to go into a little vintage shop I've been looking at for the past year (damn my crippling shyness! xd haha) and also (if they ever email me back) i thin I finally found a meditation class/Buddhist center in my town, so i'll probably go along to one of thier groups.

Heck, how about trying to cook something new? Like a cake?

Amazingly-tasty-victoria-sponge-cake-recipe:

Quote:

Ingredients
*2 eggs
*4oz sugar
*4oz flour
*4oz butter
*vanilla essense (or lemon)
*(optional) a tiny bit of baking powder to help it rise
*Clotted cream/squirty cream or make your own buttercream
*jam (do americans call this jelly? as in peanut butter & jelly sandwiches)

Method
*Crack your eggs into a jug and whisk them together
*put your butter in a bowl with your sugar and mix them together, making sure you get a creamy texture.
*Put your mixed eggs in bowl and keep adding flour to it as you mix. try not to let the mixture curdle.
*You might want to add a little bit of baking poweder to help the cake rise. Without it you end up with quite a dense cake, but both are nice smile
*Spread them equally between two (greased) cake tins
*Put tins in the oven at 180-200 degrees c (or whatever temperature you usually use for cooking) until they're light rbown and spongey. make sure they're cooked through
*let them rest for a while.
*make up your filling (cream). If you're doing buter cream just mix butter and sugar (or icing sugar) together.
*Take one cake half, put it upside down on a plate. spread cream-filling over it, then spread jam on top of that. Add you final half of cae on top and (oif you like) drizzle with some icing sugar

ta daa! you're done! mrgreen

Good luck!  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 am
I would love to live in an all warm climate. Of course not hot hot like summer but more like breezy and nice and warm like spring/fall. ^^
Who knows..with global warming now you might experience snow soon. I know some states here that rarely ever snowed in years had suddenly seen snow.

I want it to warm up. It felt much better on sat and sunday honestly....
Oh! I was feeling the same and when it got warm I decided to continue doing paintings. ^_^" Maybe you should try a new hobby or an old one you stopped for a long time?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:27 pm
My life has been rather stagnant as of late.

Actually ever since the beginning of last summer, but I guess that counts as "as of late."  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm
I've been feeling like my life has been pretty monotonous and boring lately.

Someone once told me that monotony is a major cause of depression.
Whether that's true or not, doing the same thing day after day can be very depressing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:57 pm
@DT
When you said you were gonna make a cake I thought you meant you would invent a recipe cake of some sort and share it with the guild. XD

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 am
talking about trying out new stuff, i might just do some baking since my mom bought a new oven. thanks peeps(: hope everyone would experience some new waves soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
@DT
When you said you were gonna make a cake I thought you meant you would invent a recipe cake of some sort and share it with the guild. XD

Haha I wish XD

tee hee. I made msylef a version of that cake (though with only jam) and I've been eating it since saturday. then a uni friend came round for a chat and gave me a slice of his birthday cake (it's his 21st) - so I have cake upto my eyeballs!
Mhhm! 4laugh
*dies of the happy-sugar-induced-heart-attack-of-fatness* whee  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:18 am
Fate-J
talking about trying out new stuff, i might just do some baking since my mom bought a new oven. thanks peeps(: hope everyone would experience some new waves soon!
What's your favorite thing to bake? Pastries or Cakes...ect? ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:20 am
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou
@DT

Haha I wish XD

tee hee. I made msylef a version of that cake (though with only jam) and I've been eating it since saturday. then a uni friend came round for a chat and gave me a slice of his birthday cake (it's his 21st) - so I have cake upto my eyeballs!
Mhhm! 4laugh
*dies of the happy-sugar-induced-heart-attack-of-fatness* whee
lol That would be me too after eating so much sugar! XD
So bad for you but sooooo good you can't resist!!! lol Now I feel like eating cake. >_< No!  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:13 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Fate-J
What's your favorite thing to bake? Pastries or Cakes...ect? ^_^

i like baking cookies:3 cause then i can eat them while doing my work!  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff