Ugh, not again, Illinois, Church, 1 confirmed death Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 am
Quote:
MARYVILLE, Ill. – A hospital spokeswoman in a community in Illinois says one person has arrived dead from a church where a shooting reportedly occurred.

Natalie Head of Anderson Hospital in Maryville says two other people transferred from First Maryville Baptist Church were wounded in the suburb of St. Louis, Mo.

Illinois State Police Lt. Scott Compton confirms that there was a shooting in a Maryville church. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and KDSK-TV Channel 5 of St. Louis say the shooting occurred at the First Baptist Church in Maryville.

The Post-Dispatch also says the suspected attacker is in custody.

Maryville is about 20 miles northeast of St. Louis.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 am
Churches are obviously crime-infested slums, and should be shut down for the greater good.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:35 pm
Not surprising considering how high St. Louis's crime rate is. Bunch of loons and sick-minded criminals attracted to that place. $10 says the only one in the church with a gun that day was the guy that came there to shoot people.

whee  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:27 pm
That's roughly like, two and a half hours away from me in good traffic.

And Armas; No kidding, it's a church.  

Inquisitor Brock

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm
Quote:
MARYVILLE, Ill. – Illinois State Police say the pastor gunned down at a church in a St. Louis suburb used a Bible to deflect the first of four rounds fired during his Sunday sermon.

State Police Director Larry Trent says the Bible exploded, producing what appeared to be confetti.

Trent says about 150 people in attendance initially believed the episode was a skit being performed as part of the service at First Baptist Church in Maryville.

Trent says only one of the four rounds fired from the .45 caliber handgun struck and killed 45-year-old pastor Fred Winters.

Two congregants and the gunman suffered stab wounds while the gunman was wrestled to the floor after his gun jammed.

Trent says no one at the church recognized the gunman.
Okay, that's pretty ******** cool. Pastor Winters used his l33t Matrix skills to block a bullet with a bible.

There is no bible. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:06 pm
Fresnel
Quote:
MARYVILLE, Ill. – Illinois State Police say the pastor gunned down at a church in a St. Louis suburb used a Bible to deflect the first of four rounds fired during his Sunday sermon.

State Police Director Larry Trent says the Bible exploded, producing what appeared to be confetti.

Trent says about 150 people in attendance initially believed the episode was a skit being performed as part of the service at First Baptist Church in Maryville.

Trent says only one of the four rounds fired from the .45 caliber handgun struck and killed 45-year-old pastor Fred Winters.

Two congregants and the gunman suffered stab wounds while the gunman was wrestled to the floor after his gun jammed.

Okay, that's pretty ******** cool. Pastor Winters used his l33t Matrix skills to block a bullet with a bible.

There is no bible. xd
Now if only the pastor was packing heat. If we can find a church where the pastor is willing to carry a gun just in case then I know where i'm goin Sunday morning. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:37 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd
Now if only the pastor was packing heat. If we can find a church where the pastor is willing to carry a gun just in case then I know where i'm goin Sunday morning. biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:26 pm
Requiem6661
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

eek
What anime is that? It looks good!  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

biggrin you are more than welcome to come up to washington to go my dad's church. Where there's at least 12 people carrying. Me, when i'm there, my dad, and a number of cops and civilians.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 am
Tis a damn shame. *pulls out a book on eugenics*

@Fresnel: Roflcopter

and I think its from that anime... Black Lagoon wat it?  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 am
Crash Maniac
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

biggrin you are more than welcome to come up to washington to go my dad's church. Where there's at least 12 people carrying. Me, when i'm there, my dad, and a number of cops and civilians.
What part of Washington? I've got a little bit of family scattered about up there.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Crash Maniac
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

What part of Washington? I've got a little bit of family scattered about up there.

Church is in lakewood, Dad lives in Gig Harbor now, Sister in Auburn. Thats about it. I might be headed back up that way. Or might head to AZ... things are a tad hectic.  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 am
If I went to church I would carry.

I wonder how many churches are 'gun free zones', I also wonder was that church one too? Obviously none of the goers were armed.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12 am
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

Too bad he didnt survive. I mean, it was god thinking of him to use the bible, since they're usually like encyclopedias and thick enough to at least slow the round down alittle.

You think after the 3rd round, God was like, "Alright man, you're on your own" =P  

Anima_Raptor

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
Quote:

There is no bible. xd

Too bad he didnt survive. I mean, it was god thinking of him to use the bible, since they're usually like encyclopedias and thick enough to at least slow the round down alittle.

You think after the 3rd round, God was like, "Alright man, you're on your own" =P

The story I heard said that the gun jammed after the 4 shots.

Also heard the troops are coming home.
stare

Well, I guess it has to end some time.
Although they're apparently still keeping some for 'security' reasons.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff