Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
A question regarding Pendulums I found in a Wicca Store Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deceased Poet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Today my friend and I went to the Olde Mistic Village (in CT) where there are many Wicca stores, and we happened to walk into one that had Pendulums and Oujia boards.
So, my friend tested out the pendulum and asked it a question (clockwise was yes, and counter clockwise was no), and it went clockwise.
I've always been afraid to tamper with those types of things because I've heard bad stories regarding them.
I guess I'm just curious, is a pendulum messing with the Devil or not?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:07 pm
Deceased Poet

No.

No more than tarot cards or any other kind of divination.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:12 pm
A pendulum is not messing with the "Devil" in any way. Depending on who you talk to it doesn't even have anything to do with spiritual entities and works solely with the rotation of the earth and gravitational fields. How true any of this is, I couldn't begin to tell you, but it having anything to do with the devil makes about as much sense as an elephant sitting down for tea with fine china.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:31 pm
lol, I didn't know there was a such thing as a bad pendulum experiance. xD

I would love to hear these stories.

I've had mine for almost a year with magnificient results from the begining, I highly recommend them for people wanting just a quick "yes" "no" divination. :3 And you can make them out of almost anything.

But to answer your question, No. Women have been using them for thousands of years to quess the sex of the child. And Men/Women have used them to find a source of water.. And last time I checked, No Devil ever liked babies or water xD

Namikikyo

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 pm
I've tried to use a necklace as a pendulum a few times, but I have what I guess I'd say is a natural shake/movement, and I can't be still long enough to figure out what direction the necklace is actually trying to move.

Namikikyo
And last time I checked, No Devil ever liked babies or water xD

Not even for sacrifices?
... ninja .
(I'm kidding, of course)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm
as far as i know it has nothing to do with the devil unless you are the devil himself because pendulums are supposed to move with your inner vibrations or, as oOGarrettOo said, the earth's vibrations. not to mention pagans, for the most part, do not believe in such an entity. everything has both good and bad in it, there is no "pure evil" as the christian devil is said to be.  

whiporwill-o

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 am
I would have to say that the only way it would be associated with the devil is if you invoked him before your readings and asked him to guide your session, but otherwise I'd have to say no. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
I've tried to use a necklace as a pendulum a few times, but I have what I guess I'd say is a natural shake/movement, and I can't be still long enough to figure out what direction the necklace is actually trying to move.

Namikikyo

Not even for sacrifices?
... ninja .
(I'm kidding, of course)

{{Lmao, I would have known you were only kidding. xD}}

Oddly, No. Last time we had a chat, he said he just tells them to do that to get rid of the little hornets and it actual does about as much good as sacrificing a small horse..*shrugs* Who would have thought it O.o  

Namikikyo

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:04 pm
Namikikyo
Violet Song jat Shariff

Namikikyo

Not even for sacrifices?
... ninja .
(I'm kidding, of course)

{{Lmao, I would have known you were only kidding. xD}}

Oddly, No. Last time we had a chat, he said he just tells them to do that to get rid of the little hornets and it actual does about as much good as sacrificing a small horse..*shrugs* Who would have thought it O.o

surprised
What kind of cruel person would sacrifice a pony?
crying
Unless they're MLPs...then I guess it's okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 am
Deceased Poet
Today my friend and I went to the Olde Mistic Village (in CT) where there are many Wicca stores, and we happened to walk into one that had Pendulums and Oujia boards.
So, my friend tested out the pendulum and asked it a question (clockwise was yes, and counter clockwise was no), and it went clockwise.
I've always been afraid to tamper with those types of things because I've heard bad stories regarding them.

I like to think of pendulums as a means of channeling our subconscious, in a way that it responds in a subtle yes or no (if it wants to mess with you oyu get maybe... maybes suck, be firm, hold your ground and demand yes or no responses, your subconscious will only mess with you if you doubt in your self...or so I've noticed... the more focused and serious you are the better)

No Devil miss... just a slew of deamon, djinn, deva, wraiths, shades, ...the list continues.. but I digress... a pendulum is not an act against god, peace  

Nomek

Zagmek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:40 pm
Namikikyo
Women have been using them for thousands of years to quess the sex of the child.

I'd never thought of that as a pendulum -- my mom always used a needle and thread -- she's been right for everyone that she's 'read' for too. (My cousin swears she was wrong in her case -- mom predicted 3 children for her, girl, boy, then girl, and my cousin has two girls - she had a miscarriage between them)

My mom's the most pagan Catholic i know biggrin Every time one of her sisters or my cousins has been pregnant, she dreams of relatives that have passed away. She's been known to talk to ghosts too.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm
Zagmek
Namikikyo
Women have been using them for thousands of years to quess the sex of the child.

I'd never thought of that as a pendulum -- my mom always used a needle and thread -- she's been right for everyone that she's 'read' for too. (My cousin swears she was wrong in her case -- mom predicted 3 children for her, girl, boy, then girl, and my cousin has two girls - she had a miscarriage between them)

My mom's the most pagan Catholic i know biggrin Every time one of her sisters or my cousins has been pregnant, she dreams of relatives that have passed away. She's been known to talk to ghosts too.

using a needle and thread in that way IS a home-made pendulum 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

krav majo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am
And if you're Wiccan we don't believe in the Devil. Pendulums are fine to use and quite safe.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:46 am
My pendulum is my absolute favorite tool that I have. I use it for practically everything. I have never even considered bringing anything with evil intent into my readings. Its one of the safest forms of divination that I've come across. Since it only answers yes or no questions, its a lot easier to understand.  

Emerald_Angel28

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 am
Zagmek
Namikikyo

lol, sounds just like me and my mother! We claim to be "Catholic", but she talks to ghosts and sees weird things. My Aunt is going to die soon according to her. I'll try to post again when she does. My mother also bought me a spell book, a book on the history of magick, etc. so....yeah. ^^ She's the best! I'm glad you have a mother like that.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff