Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
So what made you become a furry? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:20 pm
Seeing as there are not many topics here I figured I'd post one.

I self identified myself as a furrie about 9 years ago when I came across a group online. It was not until I met a group of furs in real life that I began thinking about getting serious about my involvement.

I think what sparked it for me was my love for something I first stumbled across with the Red Wall Abbey series. It was not the literature so much as the little pictures that would show up at the beginning of every chapter. It fascinated me seeing these half animal half human looking things.

When I found a group catering to this art form, I just had to be part of it. Since then, I came across a person when I got to College, who later on became a fur, and by socially opening up I got the chance to meet many furs, go to a fur con, and will be going back.

For me though, it was finding anthro-animals in art...and then finding a group that caters to the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:13 am
same here. i've always had a like/interest in that type of art, butit wasn't until maybe three years ago that i learned about anything relating to "furry". i still can't be described as what many people all a fur, as far as the fandom goes. i love the art, but i'm not really a "fan" of anything or anyone specific.

but really, i've been liking the idea since way back when i used to watch things like Bugs Bunny. it's just evolved since then.  

AlishkaNix
Crew

Hexah

Heroic Bilge rat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 am
Sanguvixen

I self identified myself as a furrie about 9 years ago when I came across a group online. It was not until I met a group of furs in real life that I began thinking about getting serious about my involvement.

I think what sparked it for me was my love for something I first stumbled across with the Red Wall Abbey series. It was not the literature so much as the little pictures that would show up at the beginning of every chapter. It fascinated me seeing these half animal half human looking things.

When I found a group catering to this art form, I just had to be part of it. Since then, I came across a person when I got to College, who later on became a fur, and by socially opening up I got the chance to meet many furs, go to a fur con, and will be going back.

For me though, it was finding anthro-animals in art...and then finding a group that caters to the idea.

I agree with you the Red Wall Abbey series was the best it was one of the things that really made me a furry fan. I don't really dress up in furry suits (not that I wouldn't) But anthro is just something that really sparks my interest.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 pm
Sanguvixen

I have actually only labeled myself as a furry since about 6 months ago... But now looking back I have kinda been one for a long time... Ever since being little (about 7 or so) I have always loved Foxes almost to an obsessive state haha. And I read all the Redwall books also.

But I didn't really figure out about furries until another group on a different website I was in for like Neko's in anime started a thread about hating being associated with furrys, so I looked in what the big problem was, tried to complain and say the person arguing about it was wrong to do so, but being leader of the guild it kinda got me kick from it... and so about 8 months later here I am. Haha kinda sums up how I got where I am today 3nodding

=^_^=  

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:49 pm
AlishkaNix
same here. i've always had a like/interest in that type of art, butit wasn't until maybe three years ago that i learned about anything relating to "furry". i still can't be described as what many people all a fur, as far as the fandom goes. i love the art, but i'm not really a "fan" of anything or anyone specific.

but really, i've been liking the idea since way back when i used to watch things like Bugs Bunny. it's just evolved since then.

I tend to think that becoming a furry is like a continuation of child-hood except a little more grown-up. You grow up loving things like Bugs Bunny but get told as you get older to stop liking it.

The furry fandom is for those who said "no, I will continue to like these things."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm
Hexah
Sanguvixen

I agree with you the Red Wall Abbey series was the best it was one of the things that really made me a furry fan. I don't really dress up in furry suits (not that I wouldn't) But anthro is just something that really sparks my interest.

Red Wall Abbey is a good series but I would not call it the best. The writer sort of still has certain flaws. He was good with plot half way through then he got stuck doing the same plot lines over and over again. It got old. I guess the characters did make up for it and made it bearable.

His latest book, Doomwhyte actually breaks out of the habit and is a refreshing read from him.

Sanguvixen

Zieko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Well, it was pretty much my love for animals that devolped into a desire to be one of them. I stumbled upon my fisrt furry when I was 9 and got so interested. I knew that deep down I was a furry. I started drawing and came up with my fursona when I was 12. I kept it up and found a group of 'furries' online, but never got the chance to talk to them, but I saw all their drawings and artwork and it inspired me.
I never read the redwall novels but I wish I did. I will look for some.
I have more to say but I'm just so excited. XD ahh, I'll edit this later.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Sanguvixen

Ah, Redwall...That was my first experience with the Anthro/furry subject, but i didnt know it at the time. I was in elementary school >3
Since then, my real discovery was about 6 months ago when looking up centaurs and from there i found the Art and stories. They just seemed so cool, i mean being able to imagine yourself as someone like that, as a actual human/animal mix. Endless possibilities that made me wonder why it didnt happen that way.
Anyways...off the weird theory crap xP my first experience with anthro/furry was Redwall.
Cant wait to read Doomwyte, especially after what you just wrote about it. whee  

KajitoraTaotsu

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

nuo

3,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:50 am
I honestly think it was either Renamon or Samurai Pizza Cats...anime and kemono made me join the "Dark" side :3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 pm
my first run in with the furry art......hmmmm that's hard to say.....first anime that i saw furry stuff in would have to be Darkstalkers or nightwarriors.... but i have always been fascinated with the whole anthropomorphic
concept.....when i started to read online comics.... like DMFA (Dan and Mabbs fabulous adventure) and others of the sort. is when it finally sunk in that i was a furry.

course it helped that my friend kept calling me one and making in fun of me throughout the years....but i have come to accept it and hey ever science i did i have been more confident about my self.....  

Apachi_Suraki

justice_prime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:51 pm
Once I wrapped my head around potential cuddliness of an anthro I was sold. =^,,,^= I luff cuddly things, and furries are the epiphany of cuddly folk.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:16 pm
I have always had a certain fascination with anthros. I think that one of the major contributions to my involvement is "The Twelve Kingdoms." It's an anime and some of the characters (nobody real major) are shapeshifters of sorts. That gave me the basis of my idea for the book I wrote last November in NaNoWriMo and because of that book I've gotten more into furries. Looking at different art, gathering ideas, reading up on different furry stories and such.  

Epic cow

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:38 pm
eheh I'm lieking these deep conversations. I became furry basically when I realised most of the horrors of the world, its half caused from the way I was rasied and my love of cats :3. I just noticed things and started hanging out with furries and managed to meet a few IRL that truly showed me that I was a fur :3. And I'm glad I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 pm
I blame Disney.

To be honest, there was never a time in my life that I wasn't a furry. It's just who I am.  

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

AlishkaNix
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:34 pm
i second that. it just fits.  
Main Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items