Submit

Helpful?
  Yes
  No
  Neutral about it
View Results

xPANICxITxISxJANEx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:35 pm
No, I'm not talking about the Biology scene from Twilight >.< I'm talking about the actual biology of vampires.
Here's what it is:

Vampires are created when humans are bitten by other vampires who have teeth coated in venom. Venom is spread throughout the human's body. The venom consumes the blood and replaces their blood with venom turning him/her into a vampire. Vampires probably started when a chemical of unknown substances (the venom) was found and injected into the body.
The venom feeds off of blood by disinegrating the blood. Imagine your stomach and the stomach acids that eat off the food? The "stomach acids" could be an example of venom except they ONLY disinegrate blood.
Since these vampires do NOT have fangs, the blood they drink travels down their throat where the venom is. The traditional vampire (w/ fangs) drinks blood through their fangs. The blood would travel in their fangs to (maybe) another organ that requires blood to live. Those types of vampires can still eat food. Twilight vampires do not have an extra organ.
Vampires do not eat food. When they swallow it, they cough it back up. The venom rejects the food but not right away.
Vampires shine in the sun most likely because their venom contains a substance that reflects light rays and cause the body to shine.

Helpful? Wondering about something else? Just post in this thread :3
Of course, I don't know everthing. Most of these are guesses.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:35 pm
I think most of this stuff is addressed at some point or another between the personal correspondences and Stephenie's website.

Here are some more biology facts:

1. Vampires don't have just one kind of venom; they have many, many kinds, and each one serves a very specific function. For example, they have one kind of venom in their eyes that lets their eyeballs move around in their sockets, and another kind that lubricates all the body cells, and another kind that transforms other humans into vampires, and many more.

2. The reason vampires smell so good to humans is because the blood they drink is transformed by their bodies into a sweet perfume that is secreted from the skin for the purpose of attracting humans.

3. It's the skin itself that makes them sparkle in the sunlight, not venom on the skin.  

Glitterbean

Gilded Crows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 pm
there are still some things that dont make sense.

if a vampires heart doesnt beat, then how could male vampires get erections? therefore sex would be impossible, yet twilight vampires certainly have their fair share of it.

also the strength. if the vampires are simply "toned" as stephanie put it, they wouldnt have enough muscle to be able to run so fast or be so strong. they would have to be like 3x arnold sized for that to work.

not trying to spoil the idea of vampires or anything (god knows id do anything to become one) just some parts dont line up... emo  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm
venom makes vampires stronger and I don't think it tones out their muscles.
And as mentioned above, there are different types od venom. The venom in the heart must be different from the rest of the venom which cause them to have feelings. But they can't cry because of the venom in their eyes (that venom sharpesn their eye sight) stop the tears from falling out. In Breaking Dawn, Bella mentioned while a vampire that when she thought she would be crying, it was burning...or something like that

The skin must be affected in some way by the venom to cause them to shine.  

xPANICxITxISxJANEx

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:33 pm
The venom also causes their skin to harden enough that only other venom-covered, hard and sharp vampire teeth can penetrate it

Only a bite from another vampire can leave a scar on them

If something on their body is bitten off it can be re-attached

When bitten by another vampire the venom stings to be in their system

If cut they would only bleed a little venom or a little blood if they had just recently fed A LOT (that was in a personal correspondence from SM to Twilight Lexicon but I forget which one)

Their hair can't grow once they are changed and if cut will not grow back

If they had split ends when they died they are stuck with them

Only the venom in their mouths can change someone into a vampire

Their eyes change to black with sharp emotion or hunger

Feeding on animal blood gives them topaz eyes and human blood gives them burgundy eyes

When they are first changed their eyes are a vibrant red from the human blood left in their system which makes them stronger than older vampires

If a vampire that fed on animals were to feed on human blood their eyes would turn reddish to red depending on how much they fed

The same principle applies to a human feeding one who switches to animals except their eyes turn dark amber to gold slowly

Animal blood dilutes the red in newborns eyes to gold faster than a human blood diet would dilute to burgundy  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 pm
that still doesnt answer my sex question... lol  

Gilded Crows

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:49 pm
With their theory of the venom for a vampire there must be a venom that allows a vampire to have sex.

Also I would like to ask the author to please specify that this is twilights take on the biology of vampires because this is extremely different from the real vampires that are coexisting with the humans today.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:34 am
Most of it is not confirmed by Stephenei Meyer. Most of it is asumed from what you can learn from the books and extras that were released by the author of the Twilight Saga.  

xPANICxITxISxJANEx

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am
I Shadow Wing I
there are still some things that dont make sense.

if a vampires heart doesnt beat, then how could male vampires get erections? therefore sex would be impossible, yet twilight vampires certainly have their fair share of it.

also the strength. if the vampires are simply "toned" as stephanie put it, they wouldnt have enough muscle to be able to run so fast or be so strong. they would have to be like 3x arnold sized for that to work.

I COMPLETLY agree with those questions. I haven't seen an explanation by Stephenie anywhere that explains that specifically. She talks after Breaking Dawn about how males are still fertile but as far as I know she hasn't explained how they get... "up" (I'm censoring for the younger people). Also the muscle thing as far as I know hasn't been explained either.

According to all the legends and books I have read (except one romance novel series in which the vampires have electronic nanos in their blood which makes them living but have a need for human blood) including Twilight vampires are dead. Therefore they have no heartbeat to send blood to their muscles to power them. Also no heartbeat means no blood to the brain so they shouldn't be able to think or function their bodies. So in that respect she isn't alone when it comes to vampires. Several vampire series I've read have male vampires who can get "up" but can't have children (including the males who aren't fertile) so with that too she isn't alone. In fact in one series I have read a vampire meeting their soul mate brings them back to life before they get "up" so the fiction of vampires is similar and different at the same time.

There is a very old legend waaaay before modern vampire fiction of a damphir which is a non-immortal-child vampire child. That means that before vampire fiction there were still stories of vampires getting "up".

Also like I said about the no heartbeat muscle thing that comes into play with your second question as well but she isn't the first to not answer it by a long shot. (Oh and sorry for going on a tangent).  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games