Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
Question... (its wierd though) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your sexuality?
  Straight
  Gay
  Lez
  Bi
View Results

Zieko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:38 pm
Umm... Okay im going to be really mature about this and i think you all should too.
Has anyone of us taken notice that most furries are Bi-sexual? Especially the males and that includes me.
Im just going to ask if anyone has any idea why? i have a theory but ill explain it after someone posts their own idea. =3
and if this is too... Adult. then go right ahead and let me know or delete this thread, just dont report me crying ! i just want to know why!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 pm
Haha don't worry I don't think this is a bad thread since you arnt bashing anyone... could be interesting to get peoples opinions...

I am straight but I have an idea why most furries are Bi, ect.. I think that people that are straight are more afraid of stuff that is different and if they are a furry they might be afraid to be differnt and just keep it hidden... Bi, gay, lez people seam to me to be more accepting of other peoples views and arnt afraid as much to be an open furry.

I could be wrong since this is my own opinion. I would also like to see what others opinions are so can't wait to read more posts  

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zieko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:40 am
same.
thanks for giving your opinion =3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:23 am
This thread can even go into the main thread if you want.

I've actually had a discussion about this with some friends of mine, and we came to the conclusion that furries just tend to be more open minded and willing to experiment.
If you've joined a fairly radical community and aren't afraid to show it, then what's to stop you from trying other perspectives?
After joining the community myself, I opened up to other possibilities, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I think it has also made me a better person overall just by being more open minded.
So, I think that's one of the biggest reasons why. As a majority, we are open minded, caring, helpful, and supportive of each others' views. That's one of the big things that keeps me in the fandom. Not the sex drive and the sexy anthro fox bois (don't get me wrong, that's a temptation on it's own. xD ), but the community that's like a family to me. Thanks for being a family. 3nodding  

RavendorFoxx
Captain

LunaFoxxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 am
I agree, its just that we are more open minded, accualy I became a furry first wink then eventualy became Bisexual, I was thinking of this stuff, but I am the only furry I know of in my area so I can never talk in person to anyfur, it makes me unhappy sad  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:02 am
I totally agree. I am 'open' to many things and i guess most or all of us are.
Thats sad DM crying i feel kinda bad.
I recently found a few furs on my tiny island (pop. 9 thousand./ 7 miles east to west and 15 north to south.) and to further prove my opinion, all but one are bi. (7 in all). Oh, its so much fun with them =(3  

Zieko

RavendorFoxx
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:13 am
try www.pounced.org
You'd be surprised who you can find near you. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:56 am
biggrin Thanks  

LunaFoxxx

Apachi_Suraki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:00 am
.....wow ok um I'm straight.....but i still have an open mind about things so who's to say i might not turn bi later on.... i have no theory on why there are more bi,s than straights in the furry fandom. but a lot of the theories that have been given are very good....

oh one more thing i can bee you family anytime you want Ravendor so you're welcome (wish there was a emoticon for bowing)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 am
Apachi_Suraki
.....wow ok um I'm straight.....but i still have an open mind about things so who's to say i might not turn bi later on.... i have no theory on why there are more bi,s than straights in the furry fandom. but a lot of the theories that have been given are very good....

oh one more thing i can bee you family anytime you want Ravendor so you're welcome (wish there was a emoticon for bowing)

When I first joined the fandom about 5 years ago (didn't find it until I was 16), I was still straight, and very much so... But, a very good friend of mine convinced me otherwise. So, you never know. I'm completely and utterly gay now, though lol... That was a complete turnaround. Woot!

By joining my guild, you have been initiated into my family.
That goes for everyone here. ^^ Thanks for the support. *wags tail* 3nodding  

RavendorFoxx
Captain

justice_prime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:48 pm
Hmm, I think most furries by definition are social deviants. Once one social barrier is broken and they survive it, most people feel free to break some more.

That's just one logical side I can see.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 pm
To really enjoy all aspects of the fandom you have to get over the large number of gays and lesbians within in. No matter what there are many of them, and so if you seek to meet the physical side of the fandom beyond the internet you are going to learn to become more tolerant of ideas that society considers taboo, such as homosexuality. Therefore it paves the way to become open to the idea of either gender as lovers. That's the best I can make of it.

I notice more than anything the large amount of gays. Then you have bisexual people too in good numbers. However I think many furs use the label because they are desperate for someone to love them as a lover, and don't want to miss out on the change to get one due to "Different Gender". So opening yourself up to both sides increases the odds. Also, if you live in an area or have a family that is highly homophobic it is safer to take the term "Bisexual" and to even use it when dealing with the fandom. There are all sorts of reasons why you have this large mix of bi's and such...it just comes down to circumstance because it's not the same for all.

Sanguvixen

Zieko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:14 am
^^ very good ^^
i understand.
thanks for the pounced link ravender! =)
and sanguvixen, thats a lovely sig pic heart matches perfectly biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:20 am
yea, what they said, I'd agree, My furfrend just also happens to be Bi, and she said she became Bi because she was accepting of everyone, male of female. Its just the fact that furries are open minded and more welcoming and accepting of each other. not to mention the vast Yiff of it you see :3  

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 pm
Furries are a more widely open-minded breed of people.

I mean, I'm basically straight in that I'm into girls, but I'd be more than happy to go to bed with a guy if I really liked him. Or maybe just a bit of between-good-friends petting.

I think the quote was: "I have nothing at all against sucking c**k, I have just not yet seen a c**k that has given me any real urge to suck it."

Not sure who said that, but it captured how I feel quite well.

FYI, I wouldn't go to bed with anyone unless I really liked them.  
Main Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff