[PRP] A Traveller (Bae and Zungu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:36 pm
Bae. His name, short, simple, one syllable long. Easy to say, not easy to make cute or create a nickname. In any case, Bae liked his name. He liked what it meant. He liked how it sounded.

Inspiration.

But here, in these lands, Bae felt anything but inspired. He'd been here his whole life, born here, learned here, growing up here. He loved his family dearly but now his paws were itchy and often he'd ask his mother to tell him stories abiout her travels in the outside world. How she'd met father and how she'd found the courage to strike out alone.

But she had grown bored of telling him those stories lately and his fidgety feet were taking him further and further from the den, waiting the day when he could leave to start his own life. His own adventures.

He sat, statue-like, by the river in the Kusini lands, watching the ebb and flow of the currents and the sun as it caught flashes of silver fish scales as they swam in its depths. A sigh parted his maw and his head drooped a little.

What was he going to do today?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 pm
User Image

Zungu was an extremely happy young lion. He had wandered away from the little home he and his family had in the nearby roguelands to go and explore the Kusini'mwezi lands on his own. He had three homes, the one in the roguelands with his parents, the Kusini, where his father's family lived, and the Pridelands, where his mother's family lived. When he got bored of one, he convinced his way into a trip to another. Usually ending up in near one of the prides, most commonly the Kusini as it was closer. For someone so small, it was still quite the walk all by himself. Tired but excited to have made it, the brightly colored cub wandered freely, looking for something exciting or something fun to play with.

Alternating between ducking into the grass and attempting to jump up over it, he moved slowly but energetically through the lands. His mind was not one exactly where he was or where he was going, only that he should keep moving.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:51 pm
He stood, quite suddenly, and moved towards the water. Leaning forwards, he caught sight of his reflection in its surface, blinking rapidly as if surprised to see it there. Then, with a huff, he stepped forwards and carried on going until the water was lapping around his ankles.

A fish brushed past his leg, jolting him a little and he turned to follow its circular path, deciding then that he was goign to try and catch it. He wriggled in anticipation and, in the next second, splashed noisily across the shallows, slapping the water with his forepaws.

Once, the fish shot upwards, flailing brilliantly in the sun. Bae reared up to catch it - but too late - it fell, smacked him in the face, and dropped into the water.

Bae, with a growl, leapt after it again, soaked but clearly intent now on catching his prey.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:57 pm
The sound of water caught the little blue lion off-guard, and he flopped into the grass mid-leap and ducked low against the ground. His yellow eyes narrowed and his ears turned as he listened very intently. More splashing. Obviously he had to be near water, but what was making those splashing sounds? Were there any monsters that lived in water? Zungu couldn't remember any stories he'd heard, but that didn't matter. He heard another sound, one he didn't quite recognize, followed by another splash.

Not taking any hunting advice he'd ever been given into account, he hurried forward- though he at least stayed low to the ground. Unfortunately, the grass was getting shorter and he wasn't going to stay hidden very long. Especially when his food unexpectedly hit a rock and he came tumbling forward with a yelp.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:22 pm
Success! He pinned the fish beneath a paw, pressing it to the rocky river-bottom, feeling it squirming to get away. But it wasn't going to get away. Not with his paw keeping it from swimming off again.

He was just about to plunge his face into the water to grab it with his teeth, when he heard the yelp. Startled, his paw slipped and the lucky fish zipped off into the currents.

Bae, whose attention was currently on the blue lion, had not yet realised his prey had escaped. "What the--? Who're you?" And then he shifted his paw and realised that there was nthing but rocks beneath it. "Oh no! No! My fish..." He let his eyes trail the path up stream, but he knew it was too late.

The fish had escaped its doom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:26 pm
"Aha!" he cried, struggling to get back to his feet before he could be attacked by whatever river-monster he had alerted his presence to. He had to shake his head to get his pale beginnings of a mane from his eyes, and realized he was staring at another cub. He blinked, twice, staring at Bae even when his attention went back to the river. Unconcerned by the lost attention, Zungu hopped forward.

"Phew!" he cried dramatically, "I thought there was something dangerous out here or something. What was all the splashing?" His yellow eyes followed the running water out to where Bae looked. Had there been a monster? Hmm!

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm
He blinked back, staring at the blue lion now that he knew his prey was gone. He was soaked and now he had nothign to show for it. Oh well...things could be worse.

He shook the drips of water from his chin and moved back to the bank, slowly, with exaggerated effort. "Nothing dangerous. Just me and a fish..." He paused. "Killing boredom. Chasing fish. Tends to make some splashing, I guess. What happened to you? You yelped, right?"

With that he jumped out of the water and onto the bank, shaking himself vigorously.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:39 pm
"Oooh! A fish?" he repeated, walking closer and leaning over the water, wondering if he would spot anymore. He didn't see fish that often, but he knew what they were. When he did see them, they were really quick. It was impressive to hear that he'd been trying to catch one, and by his disappointment when Zungu appeared, he'd almost had it. He was quite tempted to try his own luck, but he couldn't be rude. His dad tried very hard to get him to remember his manners. Sometimes his dad was kind of weird.

"I tripped," he admitted with a small frown, "I was trying to sneak up and I didn't see.. whatever I tripped over." He turned around and leaned over to try to look at where he had tumbled from. Must have been a rock or something, not much else to trip over.

"Oh! I'm Zungu!" he introduced himself cheerily.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 pm
"Uh huh." He stretched and sat, letting the dappled sunlight dance across his pelt to warm and dry it. Water really wasn't brilliant at all. It was good to drink but...he was glad he didn't have to swim in it all day to survive. That would be awful!

"Well, at least you're okay, right? Coulda been worse." He smiled, seeming to be getting over his loss rather quickly. There was always another day for fishing, anyway. "Bae. I'm Bae. Nice to meet you Zungu. So, I guess you live here, too, right? You look about my age, anyway. Too young to go off on your own just yet."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 pm
"Nice to meet you, Bae," he mimicked politely, smiling. Randomly, he stretched out and wiggled his toes before taking a seat when Bae more commented than asked about where he lived. His first response was to shake his head slowly and meaningfully. Zungu knew enough about prides to know most of the time, lions in the lands lived here.

"Kinda," he said, despite his head-shaking, "My dad lives here sometimes and with us sometimes, I came to visit! It's more fun than just saying out in the rogue lands sometimes. Do you live here all the time?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:12 pm
He did a double-take. Woah, was this guy serious? He didn't live here all the time? Wow, what fun! He shook his head and the limp straggles of growing mane fell across his face. "Really? You're not here all the time? Wow, you sure are lucky, Zungo. I'd give anything to not have to stay in one place."

He nodded. "Yeah, all the time. I didn't mind it so much when I was really little, but yeah...I'm getting bored now. I just want to be out there, exploring and everything! Mother is insistent on staying here, though, so she won't even take me out and about or anything."

Well she probably would have...but he had never asked.

"What's it like out there, Zungo?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:18 pm
"Nope! I come here sometimes with my dad, my brothers and sister do too," he said brightly, tilting his head when Bae said he got bored staying here all the time, "It can't be all that bad staying here, can it? If it was so bad, my daddy probably wouldn't want to keep coming back." He thought about it. His mother hadn't wanted to join the pride exactly but she didn't seem like she'd put a whole lot of thought into it. She liked where she was, daddy liked both.

"It's a lot of fun, most of the time," he answered, his tail swaying excitedly behind him, "At home it's hard to find anybody to play with except Tokwe, Ronjo or Demani, but that's why it's fun being close to here too. Not nearly as many lions around home as here, and not as many lions here as the Pridelands either. It's huge!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:27 pm
He listened to the other thoughtfully, taking on everything he was saying with genuine interest. "I guess it's one of those things, right? You don't know what you've got until you've lost it. Maybe if I left I'd find myself missing this place and coming back. Even still, I'd rather know that this place is the best, rather than just never know, right?"

He paused. "There are a lot of lions here. I guess maybe I haven't taken the time to get to know them properly. I'm pretty much by myself, except when I'm with my sister and my Mother and Jini." He shrugged a little.

"So, is the outside lands really as dangerous as everyone says it is? Like, rogues frothing at the mouth and all that kinda stuff?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:19 pm
"I like them all," Zungu replied confidently when Bae commented about wanting to know for sure this was the best place. He enjoyed each of his homes for different ways, he didn't know how he would deal if he had to stay in one all of the time. If he didn't really know any better, he probably wouldn't have cared. He was quite content with how his life was!

"I don't think it's dangerous," he said, tilting his head thoughtfully, "Frothing at the mouth? I don't.. think so." He blinked, making a face. He'd never, ever come across anything like that before.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:27 am
He nodded. Liked them all? Then the world did sound like a good place! He'd have to see if he could find more than one home to stay in, too. Just like this little traveller.

"Really? Not dangerous at all?" He blinked, somewhat surprised at this. "Then what am I waiting for?" He stood. "Maybe I should go right now! Except...I won't..." He sighed. "I don't know why I'm holding back. Maybe it's just not the right time."

He blinked. "What do you think?"

(( sorry for the wait ;o; I forgot! ))  
[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces