Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm
I'm looking for a flashlight with a decent light output that I can carry on my keychain. I used to have a MagLite Solitaire there, but it was way too dim. I couldn't use it to light my path while walking in the dark. I'm looking for something small enough to fit on my keychain easily, bright enough to walk with, and with a switch/button I don't have to constantly hold down to keep it lit. Cheap would be nice too, but that goes without saying, no?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 am
When I bought my last Honda, the dealer gave me a pair of nice chrome blue LED keychain fobs. The single blue LED puts out a ton of light.

You can buy this at a Honda dealer parts counter or look for something similar at a UEI sporting goods store or similar hunting outfitter. Figure the cost anywhere between $7 to $15 depending on how good a light it is.

Oh, and I'm finding cheap 1 and 3 LED plastic flashlights turning up at the .99 Only stores. For a buck, a cheap 3 lamp flashlight that runs on 3 AA batteries is nice to have in the car.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:13 pm
Floyd
When I bought my last Honda, the dealer gave me a pair of nice chrome blue LED keychain fobs. The single blue LED puts out a ton of light.

You can buy this at a Honda dealer parts counter or look for something similar at a UEI sporting goods store or similar hunting outfitter. Figure the cost anywhere between $7 to $15 depending on how good a light it is.

Oh, and I'm finding cheap 1 and 3 LED plastic flashlights turning up at the .99 Only stores. For a buck, a cheap 3 lamp flashlight that runs on 3 AA batteries is nice to have in the car.
I've got a Mag-Lite in the car, but I can only use that if I'm going from my car to somewhere, and not if I'm trying to find my car and not trip over a skunk.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Surefire E1E Executive Elite or Surefire E1B Backup/E1L Outdoorsman

Hell, if you want a pocket-sized, you can get a G2 Nitrolon for $40  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Sgt Buckner
Surefire E1E Executive Elite or Surefire E1B Backup/E1L Outdoorsman

Hell, if you want a pocket-sized, you can get a G2 Nitrolon for $40
I'm looking for something T1A sized or smaller, and CHEAP AS s**t (new priority there). $240 is a bit out of my price range. The one I'm eyeballing right now is $7, but Target is always sold out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 am
Okay, the Inova just came in the other day (I broke down and bought one off eBay) and HOLY ********. Seriously, this $8 flashlight rivals most $30 flashlights. It's small, it's rugged, it's got some sweet features, it's the right size and shape to hold AND OPERATE with your mouth (and waterproof, so score) for hands-free, it's smaller than the remote for my car alarm, and its light output is almost as good as my 2C LED MagLite. It's BETTER than my parents' 3D standard bulb Mag. It claims to have a 40' effective range, and I think that might be an understatement. Definitely a good bang for your buck, and something everyone should have on their keychain.

Though, I have yet to find a practical use for the strobe feature short of faux raves and freaking out the dogs.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:29 pm
Fresnel
Okay, the Inova just came in the other day (I broke down and bought one off eBay) and HOLY ********. Seriously, this $8 flashlight rivals most $30 flashlights. It's small, it's rugged, it's got some sweet features, it's the right size and shape to hold AND OPERATE with your mouth (and waterproof, so score) for hands-free, it's smaller than the remote for my car alarm, and its light output is almost as good as my 2C LED MagLite. It's BETTER than my parents' 3D standard bulb Mag. It claims to have a 40' effective range, and I think that might be an understatement. Definitely a good bang for your buck, and something everyone should have on their keychain.

Though, I have yet to find a practical use for the strobe feature short of faux raves and freaking out the dogs.

If it is waterproof, the strobe may likely be for rescue at sea. A lot of lights that clip on life jackets have that feature.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:07 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel

If it is waterproof, the strobe may likely be for rescue at sea. A lot of lights that clip on life jackets have that feature.
I suppose it's possible, but the bulb is recessed into the casing, so it's mono-directional.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas