Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hi!!
  Hey!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 am
And wow it brought back memories of how it used to be on Cartoon Networks Toonami and what an awesome show it was! One of my first few animes. ^_^"
Anyone remember that show? What were some shows you watched as a kid? And what was that channel call? (I think maybe not everyone had Cartoon Network if you lived in another part of the world. Maybe you had your own tv station for cartoons so what's it called where you live?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:22 am
Never heard of that show. :/

But, yeah, I loved Toonami. The original. I remember it was on everyday after school when I got home, and I'd watch it all the time. Then, they changed Toonami. Then they moved Toonami to Saturday afternoons only. Then they changed Toonami... again. Then they moved it to Saturday nights. Then they changed Toonami again.
The Toonami now sucks a**. They should've never changed the original.  

Death Shikaku

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:46 am
Really?! Outlaw star was awesome! You should try it. ^_^
And, wow...I couldn't remember how many times they changed it. I remember I liked the original as well. For one the shows were so much more better than the stuff they air for kids now. I remember I liked most of the shows that aired and it showed after school was over so it was exciting to come home, do hw and watch awesome toonami. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am
yeah, toonami rocks.. smile I used to watch it to when I was younger  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 pm
I never had cartoon network since we coudln't afford satelitte tv. My nannan and grandad use to have it and I loved toonami (esp dragonballZ :3)

Pokemon, Digimon and card captors were the animes they showed on normal tv  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm
I own the complete season of Outlaw Star..... rolleyes As well as Escaflowne, Fruits Basket and Record of Lodoss War.

I didn't have cable or satelitte but anime that I could watch on TV....Digimon, Sailor Moon, Shaman King....and others.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:41 am
I used to love Outlaw Star!

I wish they would show it again.

anyone remember the meltdowns Toonami would have everyonce in a while where they would get a new robot host thing?

I didn't really know what was going on when the first one happened(I was like 7) so it practically traumatized me when he died until the new one came out and I was okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 pm
The name sounds familiar, but I never watched it.

The shows I watched on Toonami were Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo with my sisters. Universe and Tokyo were spin offs of Muyo. Universe was shown after Toonami went through all of the Muyo episodes and Tokyo was shown after all of the Universe episodes. Then it would do Muyo again.

And sometimes I watched Superman the animated series which was on right after Tenchi.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 am
lol OMG! I remember toonami's little meltdowns where he would change sometimes too or some other robot would replace him temporary!

@Dornkus
Tenchi!!! That was such an awesome show back then. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 am
I'm watching outlaw star at the moment and I love it, I have watched so many other anime's but this one really stands out. I used to love watching cartoon network when I was younger as well. I feel so nostalgic now. smile  

pink_sparkles_20

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 am
beautiful_nia_60
I'm watching outlaw star at the moment and I love it, I have watched so many other anime's but this one really stands out. I used to love watching cartoon network when I was younger as well. I feel so nostalgic now. smile

Wow! You're watching it already? It's awesome ain't it? ^_^
It's defiantly different though short...I never realized it was only 26 episodes.... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 pm
dragontamer363
I never had cartoon network since we coudln't afford satelitte tv. My nannan and grandad use to have it and I loved toonami (esp dragonballZ :3)

Pokemon, Digimon and card captors were the animes they showed on normal tv

yeah! I like all the anime's you mentioned. And I like the way you call your grandad and grandma . its kawaii~

well I call my grandad, papang and my grandma, mamang 3nodding  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

pink_sparkles_20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:46 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
beautiful_nia_60

Wow! You're watching it already? It's awesome ain't it? ^_^
It's defiantly different though short...I never realized it was only 26 episodes.... sweatdrop

i wish i could have watched it in my childhood when most of my friends did, it's difficult to get nostalgic over something you are currently watching lol ^^  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games