Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Any weight experts here? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Oh my god, I'm actually ALIVE? I guess those spontaneous combustion rumors aren't true after all.

Anyway.

I'm a bit curious about my weight. Let me start by saying I'm underweight. I'm 38 kilograms, which is just over 83 pounds (And before any of you ask, I DO have to weigh down my shoes to stop myself from flying away). I'm perfectly healthy, mind you, and I'm happy about my body, from the jokes I make.

Right, more to the point.

Does anybody know the average age for my weight?

Also, go ahead and discuss your own weight, if you feel comfortable about it, to stop this thread from drying up. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:06 pm
How tall are you?

I'm overweight, but I'm working on it.  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 pm
It just depends on your height, age, and build. I work with a girl who weighs about as much as you do, is around 5 feet tall, and is perfectly healthy. BMI is more accurate if you're trying to figure out if you're over/under weight.

I'm around 145, I weigh almost twice as much as you do xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:41 am
hmm.. I weight about 53kg and I'm just the right size I think xd .... but you need to calculate that with your height. I think you need to be really short to be normal weight at 38 kilos o.O... my BMI is 21.5 atm. biggrin If I remember correctly, the normal BMI is between 20 and 25..? Meaning you're normal weight.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52 am
Put your height and weight into this:
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

don't trust it to much though, it depends on your build.

I've no idea how much I weigh, I think I'm a pretty ok weight though  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:14 pm
User Image

BMI really isn't that good of an indicator. It doesn't take build or muscle mass into account. My BMI puts me in the "overweight" category but I'm quite average-sized, I just have a good bit of muscle (it's covered with a bit of fluff but eh XD).

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Neiina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm
it would all depend on your height really. you can check your bmi like everyone else said. as long as your bmi is around 19 - 25 you're healthy.

you probably have a high metabolism so you can be perfectly healthy while weighing little.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 pm
i'm 6 feet tall at 280 pounds.  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 pm
I got curious and decided to look up more accurate ways of testing. This site is pretty good as far as what tests are out there and how accurate they are:
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56830

That DEXA test sounds pretty crazy o.O Not sure how good repeated exposure to x-rays for 10 min. is though. You now have cancer, but they can tell you exactly how fat you are xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:27 pm
10 minutes of x-ray? yeah, that's the best idea I've ever heard [/sarcasm] can't we just look at a person and tell them if they're healthy or not?  

Neiina

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:37 pm
In theory, yes we should be able to just look at a person to tell if their healthy, but it's not always easy to tell. I look pretty in shape, I'm sort of average size, but I've in appalling shape, got practically no muscle on me ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 pm
Well, first off, define "healthy."

You can be in perfect shape on the outside and be a mess on the inside. Can you call an athlete on steroids healthy? There are too many factors to judge health by outward appearance in most cases.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm
Well, my BMI is about 16, which I know is underweight, but I can't help it. Whatever I eat sort of just vaporizes. I'm about 5 feet tall, too. xD To be honest, I don't like being demonized because I'm thin. I hate being associated with those size 0 skinnies, even if I'm skinny myself (Skinny enough to see the movement of my heartbeat from the outside of my chest). I should really be overweight, I eat loads, but apparently I produce too much thyroxine.

Well, as long as you're healthy and happy with your body, Exactly how much you weigh shouldn't really matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:39 pm
I think you're fine then, as long as you're eating normally. One of my friends has a bmi of 16 as well, she eats a lot but has a high metabolism and is a vegetarian.

you got me there, I look normal and have a bmi of 20 but I actually haven't exercised for two years T___T I keep telling myself to do it next week.
I was trying to point out the irony in zapping yourself with harmful rays to determine your healthiness razz  

Neiina

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 am
Neiina
I think you're fine then, as long as you're eating normally. One of my friends has a bmi of 16 as well, she eats a lot but has a high metabolism and is a vegetarian.

you got me there, I look normal and have a bmi of 20 but I actually haven't exercised for two years T___T I keep telling myself to do it next week.
I was trying to point out the irony in zapping yourself with harmful rays to determine your healthiness razz
That's creepy. I eat a lot and I'm a vegetarian too. xD

Radiation poisoning? It's nothing when you know how overweight you are! xD  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas