Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:00 pm
Okay, I've got an interesting problem. I've got a dial-combination lock that I used to use on my bike back in 10th grade. I've forgotten the 3-digit combo, and all I know is that the last digit is 16 (though that could be wrong as well). Anyone know how I can find the other two, or is my lock lost?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:30 am
I have no idea.

You must ask yourself, "Is it worth the time and hassle?" "Is it cheap enough?"
I'm sure you could make it into a sort of puzzle to pass your time if you're ever stranded somewhere.

What type is it? I heard the cheaper 'in line' bike locks can be picked if you pull on both ends and turn the dials.
A padlock would be a bit difficult. Isn't there a key hole or something in the back?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 pm
It's one of these:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If there's an easy way to crack it, it's worth it. Otherwise, screw it. I'll buy a new one if I ever need it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 am
Fresnel
It's one of these:

If there's an easy way to crack it, it's worth it. Otherwise, screw it. I'll buy a new one if I ever need it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1292170/master_lock_easy_combonation_lock_pick/

Try this one.  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 pm
Lesse... get a soda can and a pair of scissors. Cut a rectangle out of the can. Snip two small triangle-shaped pieces out of the bottom (one of the wider ends of the rectangle) so the rectangle looks kind of like an M at the bottom. Fold up the stubs now sticking down on the sides of the point of the M so it looks kind of like -v- but with the dashes flush with the top of the v. Bend the whole thing around and curve it around the inside of the arm. Press the point down into the gap between the lock body and the arm, then pull the arm up. It should open up no problem.

wink

If you can't understand that then I don't know what to say. It's a neat trick, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
It's one of these:

Try this one.
Unfortunately, mine doesn't lock the dial when you pull on the shackle. sad  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm
ArmasTermin
Lesse... get a soda can and a pair of scissors. Cut a rectangle out of the can. Snip two small triangle-shaped pieces out of the bottom (one of the wider ends of the rectangle) so the rectangle looks kind of like an M at the bottom. Fold up the stubs now sticking down on the sides of the point of the M so it looks kind of like -v- but with the dashes flush with the top of the v. Bend the whole thing around and curve it around the inside of the arm. Press the point down into the gap between the lock body and the arm, then pull the arm up. It should open up no problem.

wink

If you can't understand that then I don't know what to say. It's a neat trick, though.
That lets me open it once, but I'm looking to actually get the combo so I can use it again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:46 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
It's one of these:

Try this one.

this was actually quite cool...

when i saw the title of this post i was thinking like... door locks.. cause thats something that i was into for a while. used to have a very nice pick set..... until the stupid MP's took it away when they picked me up in that damn Captain's house.... stupid silent alarms.  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

wink

That lets me open it once, but I'm looking to actually get the combo so I can use it again.

In that case I think you need either an X-ray machine, a locksmith, or to just go out and spend $5 on a new damn lock. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:06 pm
Crash Maniac
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
It's one of these:

Try this one.

when i saw the title of this post i was thinking like... door locks.. cause thats something that i was into for a while. used to have a very nice pick set..... until the stupid MP's took it away when they picked me up in that damn Captain's house.... stupid silent alarms.

Wait, what?  

Krilliad

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:51 am
Battlefield Reaper
Crash Maniac
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
It's one of these:

Try this one.

Wait, what?

i wasnt always a fan of law enforcement... and on occasion.. gotten myself into trouble with it... as luck has it. my fathers rank has gotten me out of trouble a time or four....  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games