Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
this is a question for those who live in the US that knows..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you know?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 am
ok the question is or not question but curiosity is why is it that some series that come out weekly skip a week for there next episode? like for example Lost I'm quite a an of it ^_^ well the last episode I saw was aired in 3/4/2009 but the next one is suppose to be air today 3/18 2 weeks later. so anyone know why is that?

BTW if anyone knows of a good TV series let me know I'm quite a junky or them XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 am
I'm not really a TV junkie at all so I don't watch often and I don't follow shows so I would not be the person to ask.

The only series I can reccomend is House.
That is the only show for a long time I actually followed and knew what time it was on.

But then they changed what time it's on and I lost track and can't find it anymore so I stopped watching it. It comes on USA everyonce in a while though so I watch it then.

Since you mentioned Lost I assumed you meant series but I watch a lot more Discovery and Food Network rather than sitcoms and series like that.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:16 am
Does the US have anything like the websites where you can catch up on past episodes? The BBC has a official website where they keep popular tv programmes up for about a week for you to watch, and then they take it down. Maybe you could find past episodes on that? Sometimes websites might even have the episode up early, so at leats you'll be abel to find it if the Tv sheduling goes awry.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm
Lost is on evrey wednesday.
The Tv Compaines show Tv shows once a week as a tool to make you want to watch more of the series. Anthor reason why is because they arange the schedual so that they can fit all the shows into the week.  

Andy _1134

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 am
Andy _1134
Lost is on evrey wednesday.
The Tv Compaines show Tv shows once a week as a tool to make you want to watch more of the series. Anthor reason why is because they arange the schedual so that they can fit all the shows into the week.

yeah that I know but my question is why did they skip a week for the episode that came out on the 18th instead of the 11th is still the same season but they air it 2 weeks later  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 am
Um there can be a number of reasons. Like the editing dident go well. Or they dident want to run it.  

Andy _1134

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 am
Maybe they ended up falling behind schedule? ^_^ I
don't watch tv that much either. Barely at all actually to be honest. Only when I go to eat do I flash it on to watch something at the same time but otherwise the TV is there for my video games. ^_^"
A show I DO like and ended up watching all the episodes of is Scrubs. It's comedy with a bit of other stuff...you should check it out!

@DT
Well...catching up for TV shows is either their website or just when they do re-runs on TV. Oh! But sometimes they replay the days episode during that night by the way! So I guess that's another way to see an episode you missed. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:29 am
I know that usually if our programmes are skipped it's because the footbal,ruby or cricket's on and having a big match, or because there's a big live event like 'children in need' or 'comic relief' on TV.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
Maybe they ended up falling behind schedule? ^_^ I
don't watch tv that much either. Barely at all actually to be honest. Only when I go to eat do I flash it on to watch something at the same time but otherwise the TV is there for my video games. ^_^"
A show I DO like and ended up watching all the episodes of is Scrubs. It's comedy with a bit of other stuff...you should check it out!

@DT
Well...catching up for TV shows is either their website or just when they do re-runs on TV. Oh! But sometimes they replay the days episode during that night by the way! So I guess that's another way to see an episode you missed. ^^

I watch one like it is call greys anatomy it has comedy from time to time but if you want to cry like a Mary Magdalen that the kind of series you should see I love it is one of my fave show i started watching House but Im still on season 1 and not to much of my like tho is good  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:39 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
...but otherwise the TV is there for my video games....

:3  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:58 pm
Zizzykitty
I'm not really a TV junkie at all so I don't watch often and I don't follow shows so I would not be the person to ask.

The only series I can reccomend is House.
That is the only show for a long time I actually followed and knew what time it was on.

But then they changed what time it's on and I lost track and can't find it anymore so I stopped watching it. It comes on USA everyonce in a while though so I watch it then.

Since you mentioned Lost I assumed you meant series but I watch a lot more Discovery and Food Network rather than sitcoms and series like that.

yeah.. I'd say house series is something to watch our for.. also prison break, heroes and scrubs.. lols ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:23 pm
xylert
Moonlight_HuangHou

lol hehe. ^^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
xylert
Moonlight_HuangHou

lol hehe. ^^

aside from the above reason, i really only use my tv for anime (FUNimation channel FTW xd ) and moives

Quote:
Dornkus
0Moon_Maiden0
Dornkus
dragontamer363

now that's some serious boob-tape she's got there xd

Yep. Namco Bandai did what everyone thought was impossible; they gave Ivy an even larger chest and an even more revealing outfit.

My attention was more on the dodo in the background....

That's because dodos are awesome.

i got a HD tv for christmas and the best second best thing about it is that it upconverts 1080i, which is OMFG AWSOME! *passes out*

the best thing about it is
User ImageIvy.User Image
User ImageIn.User Image
User Image1080pi.User Image
User ImageHD.User Image
User Image

multi-quote left in original format (except for my post) for reference/ refresher  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games