Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Nightstick (PICS!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 pm
Seeing as how I recently acquired a 21" collapsible baton, I wondered what you'd all think of it as an anti-zombie weapon. But this time I've done a test and have pictures! What can a baton do to a zombie skull? See here:

Control picture:
User Image

Warning, the following pictures contain graphic violence against melons.

First hit, diagonally, left hand, light-medium strength.
User Image

Second hit, vertically, left hand, light-medium strength.
User Image

Third hit, vertically, left hand, light-medium strength.
User Image

Fourth hit, vertically, left hand, light-medium strength.
User Image

For those that have never used one, the ball tip opens a hole and the follow-through with the baton length allows it to cut through almost like a sword. I realize that the human skull is more durable than a small watermelon, but it was as close as I could do. There is no damage to the baton, but I did wrap it in a thin plastic bag to keep the melon juice off of it.

Baton - $30.
Watermelon - $3.
Feasting on the blood of your enemies - priceless.

If you'd like me to make more tests, I've got another melon and can get a couple more tomorrow. Possible weapons to test are my Glock 78 Field Knife or my display Khukri. I have plenty of crappy display swords that could be used, but I know what we've all said about those used in a zombie role.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 pm
those collapsible batons are great. but i've recently fallen in love with the Side Handle PR-24. they're awesome.  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 pm
Crash Maniac
those collapsible batons are great. but i've recently fallen in love with the Side Handle PR-24. they're awesome.

I have a pair of tonfa (the martial arts weapons they're basaed on) but I don't do much with them. I can see how the side-handle batons have advantages, but the standard batons are much smaller in profile.

I might have to pick up a 26" one sometime. CTD impressed me with this one. I was almost considering an ASP, but this one is just fine.

Just a b***h and a half to close. Maybe even two!

I wonder what pointless self defence item I need now...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:14 pm
You hit it with your left hand every time. Are you a lefty then, or were you just southpawing it for the sake of demonstration?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:15 pm
Fresnel
You hit it with your left hand every time. Are you a lefty then, or were you just southpawing it for the sake of demonstration?

I am left-handed.

Which hand I used didn't really matter, but I thought I'd mention it to be thorough.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:47 pm
just so you know, its a felony for you to carry that baton... you can own one, but dont ever carry it on your person. put it in a back pack or something...

its actually more legal to carry a gun than it is to carry that baton.  

Crash Maniac

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 pm
Crash Maniac
just so you know, its a felony for you to carry that baton... you can own one, but dont ever carry it on your person. put it in a back pack or something...

You must be kidding. That's absurd.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 am
ArmasTermin
Crash Maniac

It's a concealed weapons law, of COURSE it's absurd.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:11 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Crash Maniac

Maybe it's just one of those California things?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 am
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Crash Maniac

Could be. Wikipedia says that all sorts of clubs and such are banned in California, and there' no federal law on the subject. Soo... ask your local police chief.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:59 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Crash Maniac

Could be. Wikipedia says that all sorts of clubs and such are banned in California, and there' no federal law on the subject. Soo... ask your local police chief.

Ok, as far as i understand it. You must be certified in the state of CA to carry a baton of any length. And only those who are certified as a "Security Guard" can get certified. Also, it must not be concealed in any way. worn at the hip, and exposed.

Check your local laws and such. its no secret that california sucks.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games