Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Angelina Jolie's movie trailers "too violent" for England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_angelina_jolie_ad

In short, the promotional trailer for her last film was deemed unfit due to glorification of gun violence. Stupid British.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'd rather be a fat American stereotype than an idiot British stereotype afraid of my own shadow.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:49 pm
Quote:
There were 59 firearm-related homicides in England and Wales in 2006-2007...

But public concern was heightened in Britain after the shooting death of an 11-year-old boy in 2007. The murder drew national attention and prompted much soul-searching over whether the country's already strict gun control laws were tough enough.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:20 pm
it hurts my brain.... truly does.  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:23 am
emotion_facepalm

... when will the morons that think covering everything with 'nerf foam' die out?
Oh wait, they wont because everything potentially hazardous will be banned or heavily legislated that everyone will die of old age or early death from being lazy ********.
If nerfing everything to stop accidental death is even possible. At that point I think people will be so friggin' retarded that they'll look up during a rainstorm with their mouth open and drown.
Or they'll choke on aforementioned foam and die so billions will be spent on a material that doesn't easily break apart.
We'll be forced to drive little cars with tons of safety features and a restricted speed max of 25 mph, later on when they get the technology they'll make cars that are only computer controlled where you just type in your destination and it'll drive you. For example, see I Robot.

How is this applicable? Rights really.
Our world, unless something is done, is going to become essentially like Half Life 2. Except, I doubt we'll have a Gordon Freeman or headcrabs, headcrab zombies, Vortigants or anything outlandish.

Unsure of what you might say is offensive? Or what to say at all? Call downtown headquaters, or go down there, but be sure to wear your jumpsuit and identification tag.

And they call us stupid. I remember a story of some Limey tart that wanted pens with pencaps to be banned because her dumbass kid was chewing on one while leaning back in his chair, two risks which she probably and if not should have nagged him not to do, fell back and the pencap lodged in his throat. He did die by the way.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 pm
Ober, ugh, people are just so stupid. So very ******** stupid.

Maybe I can just get a knife and a piece of flint and wander off into the woods and never come back to society. Then I can write novels on trees all day and keep away from the idiot masses.

I'll forward you all my new address. 1413 Rock-Tree Lane.

Be sure to write.

stare  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 am
ArmasTermin

Maybe I can just get a knife and a piece of flint and wander off into the woods and never come back to society. Then I can write novels on trees all day and keep away from the idiot masses.

Be sure to write.

stare
Two hundred years ago, when people didn't like how s**t was being handled, they said "******** you guys" and moved to America. Now Americans don't like the way s**t is being handled, and we've got nowhere left to move to. This is kind of why America was supposed to be state-oriented. You follow a few basic Federal rules, and if you don't like all the bullshit in your state, you either find one you can tolerate or gather up a whole bunch of like-minded people and form your own damn state.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:47 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Be sure to write.

stare
Two hundred years ago, when people didn't like how s**t was being handled, they said "******** you guys" and moved to America. Now Americans don't like the way s**t is being handled, and we've got nowhere left to move to. This is kind of why America was supposed to be state-oriented. You follow a few basic Federal rules, and if you don't like all the bullshit in your state, you either find one you can tolerate or gather up a whole bunch of like-minded people and form your own damn state.

Yeah.
From a local radio show, he thinks there's going to be another civil war, only this time it will be East and West.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:02 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Be sure to write.

stare

Yeah.
From a local radio show, he thinks there's going to be another civil war, only this time it will be East and West.
Sucks for California. xd

Actually, I'd expect CA and the north-east states (north of the Carolinas, east of the Mississippi) vs. everyone else. Cali's getting ******** HARD-CORE if that happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Be sure to write.

stare

Yeah.
Sucks for California. xd

Actually, I'd expect CA and the north-east states (north of the Carolinas, east of the Mississippi) vs. everyone else. Cali's getting ******** HARD-CORE if that happens.

Yeah no s**t. None of their citizens with guns will support those tards.
It would be the French Resistance fighters, but American, all over again.

It's funny though, how people don't remember history and the same thing happens everytime.

Well, it wouldn't be a perfect verticle line of course.

Thinking about this a bit more, I've noticed that the most liberal states are spread around.

Speaking of 'Trailer being too violent for the England', I heard about an anti-'prop/deactivated'gun ad that actually showed little kids shooting each other out in the woods. I'm sure it was in the UK, the accents were pretty audible.
I'm sure they didn't make much of a stink about it because, they're assholes and if it makes guns look bad, why not do it?

I can't find the video. I think someone in this guild linked it before though.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:40 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Be sure to write.

stare

Yeah.
Sucks for California. xd

It's funny though, how people don't remember history and the same thing happens everytime.

Thinking about this a bit more, I've noticed that the most liberal states are spread around.

Speaking of 'Trailer being too violent for the England', I heard about an anti-'prop/deactivated'gun ad that actually showed little kids shooting each other out in the woods. I'm sure it was in the UK, the accents were pretty audible.
I'm sure they didn't make much of a stink about it because, they're assholes and if it makes guns look bad, why not do it?

I've seen that one. Absolute bullshit, I tells ya.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:41 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Be sure to write.

stare

Yeah.
Sucks for California. xd

Yeah, you don't see any kids getting killed in video games. You see the end result in shows like Law and Order. No one's tried that. Even the game that was banned in many countries, 'Postal'. When it comes to violence and kids, no.
There was one movie but it was about WWII.
I forgot the name but it was a view of the German side for the Battle of Berlin. An anti-tank crew comprised of children took themselves out when the Russians came through and they were out of ammo. I think it was Downfall.

Hey, in Fallout 3 there's a place you can go to called Little Lamplight, where there are kids, but you can't kill them. I don't think you can even shoot them.
Never tried really because the guard there is pretty bad a** for a little kid.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:55 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.
Sucks for California. xd

Yeah, you don't see any kids getting killed in video games. You see the end result in shows like Law and Order. No one's tried that. Even the game that was banned in many countries, 'Postal'. When it comes to violence and kids, no.
I forgot the name but it was a view of the German side for the Battle of Berlin. An anti-tank crew comprised of children took themselves out when the Russians came through and they were out of ammo. I think it was Downfall.

Hey, in Fallout 3 there's a place you can go to called Little Lamplight, where there are kids, but you can't kill them. I don't think you can even shoot them.
I believe I've heard there's a "friendly fire" type weapon lock with the kids. Your fire button is disabled while aiming at them. And even if you do hit them, it doesn't hurt them at all. The only games I can think of where you can hurt children are RPG type games, but only the ones with poor or no graphics.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:17 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.
Sucks for California. xd

I believe I've heard there's a "friendly fire" type weapon lock with the kids. Your fire button is disabled while aiming at them. And even if you do hit them, it doesn't hurt them at all. The only games I can think of where you can hurt children are RPG type games, but only the ones with poor or no graphics.

Ah well that's cool.

Never saw any of those RPGs.

Huh, I was looking at mods for Fallout 3 and there's one that lets you kill the kids.
stare  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:58 pm
Fresnel
gather up a whole bunch of like-minded people and form your own damn state.

Tried that already. 3 times. Still stuck here.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff