I'm about to give up being a twilight fan... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:16 pm
I don't see the point in it anymore.

Before, in this guild, we would always theorize about what would happen in the end, and now that the series is over (and it was a let down...) there's nothing to do.....rarely anyone posts anymore.

PLus, now I like The Host better than twilight. In part because it's by Meyer, and it's soooooo much better than twilight.

And now, I just realize...that it's just another love story...and nothing else.

No one's ever gonna be perfect as Edward...and the book is so perfect, it's sureal.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm
you cant stop loving twilight sad it so good and maybe u can try to write a continuation to the books so that u wont lose interest in it  

empty_set625

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Angels_can_fly2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:18 pm
User Image
I see your point. There isn't really much to talk about with this series anymore except the movies, and even that isn't really fun since you already know what's going to happen.

But, that doesn't mean you have to give up being a fan. You can still love a series even though the storyline is over.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:04 pm
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way too. It's not as fun anymore and to me, personally, the movie totally ended the excitement for me. In fact, it twisted my liking of the book and the just-now-fans made it worse. Don't get me wrong, I still love the series, I'm just not as enthusiastic anymore because of how irksome this whole commotion has gotten. =  

La Beaute

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Well, I guess I mean to say...you know us old fans?

We should just put a RIP sign on the old twilight fandom. WE had our fun, and now...since the series is over, our fun is over. I'll always remember thr fun things we did in this guild. Sigh...twilight's just not the same anymore...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:41 pm
I kinda feel bad for what I'm about to say but I gave up this series when I discovered Vampire Academy.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 am
User Image

I kinda know how you feel.. though not the same about Twilight.

When the last Harry Potter book came out (The Deathly Hallows) and I read it.... all of a sudden I was.. not so interested any more. Before that I was a huge HP nerd, i knew almost everything there was to know about HP (though that was a good... 2 or 3 years ago) The ending of the book ruined it for me and once it was done it wasn't like I could keep wondering what happens next when nothing else was going to be written. So in some ways I get where you're coming from.

I'm sure once I read Breaking Dawn i won't be as interested. As it seems from everyone's reaction to the ending, it's not that good. I know I'm a newer fan but I have to say, I'm not as crazy as some of the new fans are. But then again I am also a bit older than many of those fans so that might be why. (maturity level anyways)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:27 pm
La Beaute
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way too. It's not as fun anymore and to me, personally, the movie totally ended the excitement for me. In fact, it twisted my liking of the book and the just-now-fans made it worse. Don't get me wrong, I still love the series, I'm just not as enthusiastic anymore because of how irksome this whole commotion has gotten. =

3nodding
I agree with you 100%. I use to love reading the series....until all of a sudden people started stealing the copies at the school library...and the new just-read-the-book-yesterday-fan-girls trying to quiz me...when I started reading the series when it first came out got me irritated....I think my last hope...will be the New Moon movie....or If Midnight Sun gets published....  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WineChan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
I kinda feel bad for what I'm about to say but I gave up this series when I discovered Vampire Academy.
*thumbs up*

I gave up the series when I read the host.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 pm
User Image

my little sister loves The Host and Vampire Academy.
I have no idea what to get her as presents cause my mom keeps buying her all these books. gonk

I still owe her a b-day and christmas present.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:41 pm
I just wanted to say . . . Your poll really offends me.

Who are you to say that the only "true" Twilight fans are the ones who read it when it was fairly recent? You're being rather judgmental by saying that people who only became fans after the movie came out or began reading the books in the last few months aren't "true" fans. You're basically saying they're shallow conformists. Maybe they, like me, we're just looking for a good read and Twilight is always highly recommended.

That poll as a high tone of superiority. I know there are a lot of people in this guild who just recently became fans and it's not fair to say they aren't real fans because they only recently became interested in them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I just wanted to say . . . Your poll really offends me.

Who are you to say that the only "true" Twilight fans are the ones who read it when it was fairly recent? You're being rather judgmental by saying that people who only became fans after the movie came out or began reading the books in the last few months aren't "true" fans. You're basically saying they're shallow conformists. Maybe they, like me, we're just looking for a good read and Twilight is always highly recommended.

That poll as a high tone of superiority. I know there are a lot of people in this guild who just recently became fans and it's not fair to say they aren't real fans because they only recently became interested in them.

Personally, I have no problem with the poll. For one, the only reason people began to know about it was the movie being advertised by E! or MTV. That’s the only reason why almost all, if not, most, people became interested. A lot of people don’t read books. That’s just a fact. Those who were actually into reading them and considered the story to be good before hand should have a right to hold onto the “true” fan. Honestly, it’s the flamboyant fan girls that tick me off when they cry out “I CAN’T WAIT FOR TWILIGHT PART 2!!! OMFG AHAHAHA!!!”. I feel like getting at them with a sledgehammer. Basically, -we- are “true” fans because we stuck with Stephenie from the beginning, through her other series, and through this hectic movie phenomenon. There is a right to being a true fan and I believe that is why.  

La Beaute

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am
User Image

I actually agree that saying we're not true fans is rude.

Honestly, I had the chance to read the books because of my friend who loved them.. but at the time I was more wrapped up in the Harry Potter series.

I think to be a true fan you should support the book and the author's choices in the book.
I didn't get into it because of MTV or E! hell I don't even watch those channels stare You can't assume every "new" fan is all the same.
I don't go screaming for New Moon to come out, hell I thought the movies pretty much sucked when compared to the books.
(Clearly you'd have no problem with the polll since you apparently classify yourself as a true fan anyways)

Gah! I can't even talk about it any more.
Ya know, I could be rude to all the people who only started liking Tokio Hotel after they came to the US and Canada, but I'm not because they love the boys as much as I do, even if I've liked them and known about them since almost the time they came out.
I'm not like, oh you're not a true fan because you didn't support them in the beginning stare Seriously, do that sound right to any of you?
I don't think so and this is no different.
It's like you guys think you're superior or something because of it.
Again I don't feel that way when it comes to Tokio Hotel. I'm glad more people know of them and like them now. That their music is being listened to by so many now, same with Stephanie's Twilight series, it should be a good thing that so many are so interested in it now, that more people are giving it a chance and not just writing it off as a preteen novel that they won't like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:27 am
I do admit, now looking over it is rude. But the very crazy fan girls have been getting to me and I can’t help but get frustrated. I understand that there are fans out there that recently got to know it and like it, but don’t over-do it. The over-doing part really gets to me, I’m sorry, but it does. My comment was more directed to the recent people that go whack-a-doodle about it.

Wow, haven’t posted this frequently in a while, lol.  

La Beaute

Shinju Umiko

Rainbow Reveler

17,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 am
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I understand what you mean, in a way. It's sad when the first "phase" of a new obsession dissipates, it's like not being in love anymore.

Actually, I'm in my thrird phase, and it's kinda like the first one but not entirely. It feels kind of empty now that "everyone" is a Twihard. Gosh, I remember one and a half years ago...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff