Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 pm
Bitter: Sunday my 360 got the RRoD. This was really depressing because I had the Halo 3 edition.

SWEET: I took it back to Best Buy because their warranty is better than Microsoft's, and when they said it was defective, I got a limited edition Resident Evil 5 Elite console as a replacement!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:43 pm
Sgt Buckner
Bitter: Sunday my 360 got the RRoD. This was really depressing because I had the Halo 3 edition.

SWEET: I took it back to Best Buy because their warranty is better than Microsoft's, and when they said it was defective, I got a limited edition Resident Evil 5 Elite console as a replacement!

I. Hate. You.

on a side note.... when can i come over and play? no, seriously. when? i'll bring my guns. you can play with them all you want.  

Crash Maniac

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:52 am
Hmm...
Well, you're very fortunate that you got such an epic replacement.

As far as RE 5 goes...
I just wish they would go back to the regular zombies.
sad  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 am
OberFeldwebel
Hmm...

As far as RE 5 goes...
sad

IMO:
Ok, I tried to play The RE 5 Demo and I don't see what anyone sees in it. They tried to combine RPG elements with a shooter and completely missed the boat with the cameras. Then the fact that anytime you try to aim your feet somehow get glue to the floor and you can't accuratly run and gun. Add the fact that you have no cross hairs and you rely on a BS little laser to aim with. You start with almost NO ammo and when you do find some you have to go into your pact to "USE" the amo so you can reload. Then the dumbass apperently has to load the magazine before he can actually reload. Overall, Based on the demo, I would never waste my money on RE 5 ever. The Game is a realistic as Sarah Brady's brain and the developers completely missed the boat and drowned on this one.
[/rant]  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:41 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Hmm...

As far as RE 5 goes...
sad

IMO:
Ok, I tried to play The RE 5 Demo and I don't see what anyone sees in it. They tried to combine RPG elements with a shooter and completely missed the boat with the cameras. Then the fact that anytime you try to aim your feet somehow get glue to the floor and you can't accuratly run and gun. Add the fact that you have no cross hairs and you rely on a BS little laser to aim with. You start with almost NO ammo and when you do find some you have to go into your pact to "USE" the amo so you can reload. Then the dumbass apperently has to load the magazine before he can actually reload. Overall, Based on the demo, I would never waste my money on RE 5 ever. The Game is a realistic as Sarah Brady's brain and the developers completely missed the boat and drowned on this one.
[/rant]

Yeah, they started that 'reload a magazine' deal in that Resident Evil: Survivor game.
It was a bit realistic but honestly, you should be able to find more magazines and stack them.
Search a zombie cop, oh look! I found some mags! Some are full, some empty some have a few rounds.
Or on the ground too, that would be a common place for them to be.

If that's true, then Resident Evil is becoming like... Final Fantasy.

In Survivor you find a magazine and load that one, not the one that should be in the gun, total of two magazines.
Yet, time after time, you have that one in the inventory that you have to reload and every time you hit combine, it shows the character thumbing in one bullet at a time. Thankfully it didn't have the person reaching into their pocket after every bullet.
Never found any more of them.

Game was stupid and when I finally got past the hospital level I got annoyed and quit it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Hmm...

As far as RE 5 goes...
sad

IMO:
[/rant]

Yeah, they started that 'reload a magazine' deal in that Resident Evil: Survivor game.
It was a bit realistic but honestly, you should be able to find more magazines and stack them.
Search a zombie cop, oh look! I found some mags! Some are full, some empty some have a few rounds.
Or on the ground too, that would be a common place for them to be.

If that's true, then Resident Evil is becoming like... Final Fantasy.

In Survivor you find a magazine and load that one, not the one that should be in the gun, total of two magazines.
Yet, time after time, you have that one in the inventory that you have to reload and every time you hit combine, it shows the character thumbing in one bullet at a time. Thankfully it didn't have the person reaching into their pocket after every bullet.
Never found any more of them.

Game was stupid and when I finally got past the hospital level I got annoyed and quit it.

I mean, honestly? These people would never survive in a real life zombie event.  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 am
I think the game sacrificed ease of play for faithfulness to the franchise. I don't believe you've EVER been able to run-and-gun in an RE game.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:25 am
Fresnel
I think the game sacrificed ease of play for faithfulness to the franchise. I don't believe you've EVER been able to run-and-gun in an RE game.

That's true, and in real life, if there was a zombie apocalypse, running and gunning would have no real benefit.
Zombies don't duck for cover and other than a headshot or an upper spinal shot, they're not going to go down permanently.
You also waste ammo.

Unless you're up against the Atypical zombies that are like super humans that are immune to head shots and can soak up bullets like a 'roid pumped druggie.
But even then running and gunning is just as fruitful.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:27 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

That's true, and in real life, if there was a zombie apocalypse, running and gunning would have no real benefit.
Zombies don't duck for cover and other than a headshot or an upper spinal shot, they're not going to go down permanently.
You also waste ammo.
And IRL, your corneas don't have crosshairs burned into them. That laser sight is pretty realistic.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

You also waste ammo.
And IRL, your corneas don't have crosshairs burned into them. That laser sight is pretty realistic.

Yeah, laser sight is realistic.
Ironsights as well.
But if they go into that it's becoming more of the 'house of the dead' type of arcade deal.

Yeah, laser sights make it possible for hip shooting to be accurate.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:32 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

You also waste ammo.

Ironsights as well.
But if they go into that it's becoming more of the 'house of the dead' type of arcade deal.

RE5 is third-person though, isn't it? Yeah, that's not really realistic. Some concessions should be made because of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

You also waste ammo.

Ironsights as well.

RE5 is third-person though, isn't it? Yeah, that's not really realistic. Some concessions should be made because of that.

But that's the series, it always was and to this date is 3rd person.

If they do do anything to switch hopefully they let it be an option.

I'm still upset about Postal III, the bastards switched from First Person to STRICTLY 3rd Person.
Wtf?
I have to wait many years for a release for the game, and I have to wait perhaps a year or more for a mod to be made to make it first person?
FFS. Gay.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

You also waste ammo.

Ironsights as well.

I'm still upset about Postal III, the bastards switched from First Person to STRICTLY 3rd Person.
Wtf?
I have to wait many years for a release for the game, and I have to wait perhaps a year or more for a mod to be made to make it first person?
FFS. Gay.
I understand it's the game, and it can be done well. GTA did it, Devil May Cry did it... but you can't make everything else strictly realistic and then expect someone to accurately shoot from over their own shoulder.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:08 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Ironsights as well.

Wtf?
FFS. Gay.
I understand it's the game, and it can be done well. GTA did it, Devil May Cry did it... but you can't make everything else strictly realistic and then expect someone to accurately shoot from over their own shoulder.

Agreed, which is why I don't really like RE: Survivor, wait I just looked it up. I'm naming the wrong game.
The one I'm thinking of is the one where you're a group of survivors, you pick a character that has different stats and weapons and have a limited amount of time to escape. (Infection meter)

They do hipshoot with the shotgun in RE don't they?
I know they do it with the grenade launcher.  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:02 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

You also waste ammo.

My point isn't that you need to RUN and gun nessecarilly. But having your gun at the ready and pointed in the right direction while moving makes it a lot faster to line up a shot after identifying a target. When clearing rooms you don't just nonchalauntly walk through a door to see if anything is in side and then bring the gun up, aim, and shoot at any meanies. I'm not saying that cross hairs are realistic, in fact I'm really not a big fan of them. However, when it comes to video games you either need cross hairs or iron sights, if not both. Yet, with RE 5 the insist that you use some dinky little laser pointer that somehow gets attached to any and every gun.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff