Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:19 pm
In short, it's all the fault of the U.S. for having guns available for purchase that makes it easy for Mexican drug lords to have the weapons they're using to fight their war along the border. So says the all mighty CNN.

Even though it's all bull s**t and they didn't bother with fact checking.

*facepalm*

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezler/2009/03/18/cnn-parrots-mexican-claims-u-s-guns-fuel-drug-wars  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 am
Quote:
CNN correspondent Michael Ware noted:

Their armaments include 50-caliber Barrett sniper rifles. Made in the U.S., weapons that are deadly effective over perhaps a mile and which I've only seen in the hands of U.S. Marine sniper teams or Army sniper teams. These guys also have U.S. made grenades, American-made AK-47s, you know, IR - 15s. America is very much fueling this fight not just in its taste for illicit drugs, but in the actual weapons that are being used to kill.
If they've got US-made grenades, it's not our CITIZENS you should be investigating, buddy.

Also, facepalm at "IR-15".  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:58 am
Fresnel
Quote:

Their armaments include 50-caliber Barrett sniper rifles. Made in the U.S., weapons that are deadly effective over perhaps a mile and which I've only seen in the hands of U.S. Marine sniper teams or Army sniper teams. These guys also have U.S. made grenades, American-made AK-47s, you know, IR - 15s. America is very much fueling this fight not just in its taste for illicit drugs, but in the actual weapons that are being used to kill.
If they've got US-made grenades, it's not our CITIZENS you should be investigating, buddy.

What? You don't know what an Issault Rifle is?

Yeah, I gotta wonder where those Mexicans are buying grenades from. Not any retail store that I've been heard of. stare

Now if those 'IRs' are full auto I'm just going to figure that they came factory like that from illegal imports.
Last I heard Mexico probably isn't the best for keeping out things.

Also what pisses me off is that these people get away with lobbing out lies and no one goes on the air and admits their mistake unless it's for anything that's minority related.
Lies to get gun control more boost? Apparently you can lie about that with no apologies.

Quote:
Also in his testimony, Cox pointed out that the Mexican government itself has hindered the efforts of U.S. agents to attack the problem, refusing to share serial numbers of captured weapons and not allowing local authorities to cooperate with U.S. authorities.

That tells you right out that the 'federales' are ******** lying.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Quote:

I know what an Issault Rifle is, but I've never heard of Irmalite Corp. xd

Quote:
Also what pisses me off is that these people get away with lobbing out lies and no one goes on the air and admits their mistake unless it's for anything that's minority related.
Lies to get gun control more boost? Apparently you can lie about that with no apologies.
You're allowed to lie PRO-liberal with no remorse. That's the guideline, as I see it.

Quote:
Quote:
Also in his testimony, Cox pointed out that the Mexican government itself has hindered the efforts of U.S. agents to attack the problem, refusing to share serial numbers of captured weapons and not allowing local authorities to cooperate with U.S. authorities.

You want your back scratched? Turn the ******** around.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Quote:

rofl

I'm just surprised they didn't call it a Beretta .50.

Fresnel
Quote:
Quote:

What?
Perhaps I'm having one of those idiot moments.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:29 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Quote:

rofl

Fresnel
Quote:
Quote:

What?
That was a fail at a 'you scratch my back' analogy that took about three additional steps in my head before hitting the keyboard.

If you want us to scratch your back, scratching our back in return would be nice, but at the very least TURN AROUND so we can REACH your back. Don't be assholes unnecessarily.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:42 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

rofl

Fresnel
Quote:
Quote:

What?
That was a fail at a 'you scratch my back' analogy that took about three additional steps in my head before hitting the keyboard.

If you want us to scratch your back, scratching our back in return would be nice, but at the very least TURN AROUND so we can REACH your back. Don't be assholes unnecessarily.

So we're being dicks to Mexico? Or am I understanding incorrectly.

The Mexican government is blaming our government, but it's going to bite us in the a**, the citizens.
They're shifting the blame... passing the buck... or whatever that euphemism is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 am
Well if you thing about it.... for Mexico.... is it easier to get guns from the US or china....  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

rofl

Fresnel
Quote:

What?

The Mexican government is blaming our government, but it's going to bite us in the a**, the citizens.
They're shifting the blame... passing the buck... or whatever that euphemism is.
No, they're being dicks to us. As usual.

"HELP US HELP US HELP US WE BEIN' VI-O-LAYTED"
"Okay... can you show me some evidence?"
"No."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

rofl

Fresnel

What?

No, they're being dicks to us. As usual.

"HELP US HELP US HELP US WE BEIN' VI-O-LAYTED"
"Okay... can you show me some evidence?"
"No."

Oh ... yeah lol.

Now, if US did do a lot of illegal importation it would be easier for Mexico to get guns from the US, BUT, it isn't so and it's much easier for Mexico, or the cartels rather, to get their guns elsewhere.
Like I dunno, probably on the same boat that some of their drugs come in on.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff