Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.A.G. : Fierce Artist's Guild.

Back to Guilds

A guild for artists of all kinds. Critiques, Galleries, Contests. 

Tags: artists, critique, draw, manga, gallery 

Reply HOME.
Ocean Floor. [WIP - Looking for collaborative effort]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Views.
  +1 Interested in Helping
  +1 View
View Results

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:44 am
Hi there!
I'm looking for some way to make a dragon swim around in this picture but I'm just not good enough to do it myself.
Also, I intended to make some vegetation, but that didn't work out very well either..

[click for enlargement]
User Image
Let me know what you think.
You can download the full-resoluted PSD-file at [this] link.
Go crazy! biggrin

[Click me for DeviantArt gallery]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:30 am
First thing, I love the way you do the water. It's beautifully done and you pulled it off pretty well!

But this is going to be a bit of a challenge. I think if you put a little more space between the surface and the ocean floor it might help out with placement of the dragon. Maybe darkening the water below the surface as well? I can see the light, but I feel like it could be darker.

The dragon itself... well, I googled fish and I saw that the fish just kinda glow against the water. Like they're just very bright and stand out, especially if they're colorful. And the way the light hits them is just different than the way light would hit other things. Googling "fish in water" and looking how light, fish, and water interact might help you a bit with coloring and how light behaves. :3

Vegetation behaves much like fish in means of how they just kinda glow. But be sure that they flow and don't look too stiff. And depending on where this body of water is will decide what kind of vegetation is there.

This looks like it's going to be great, and I look forward to seeing it progress. Well, ARE you going to show your progression? O:

Cherub Hope

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 am
Cherub Hope
First thing, I love the way you do the water. It's beautifully done and you pulled it off pretty well!

But this is going to be a bit of a challenge. I think if you put a little more space between the surface and the ocean floor it might help out with placement of the dragon. Maybe darkening the water below the surface as well? I can see the light, but I feel like it could be darker.

The dragon itself... well, I googled fish and I saw that the fish just kinda glow against the water. Like they're just very bright and stand out, especially if they're colorful. And the way the light hits them is just different than the way light would hit other things. Googling "fish in water" and looking how light, fish, and water interact might help you a bit with coloring and how light behaves. :3

Vegetation behaves much like fish in means of how they just kinda glow. But be sure that they flow and don't look too stiff. And depending on where this body of water is will decide what kind of vegetation is there.

This looks like it's going to be great, and I look forward to seeing it progress. Well, ARE you going to show your progression? O:
Ofcourse I am going to let you know the progress! biggrin
And now that I think about it, I could look for some stock images at deviant art to use as a montage in there. Photomanipulation. wink

[Click me for DeviantArt gallery]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:39 am
Oh I dig eeeet~

And I would love to help. I love that you made it sort of shallow for some reason, and weren't lazy at all when it came to the water. xD That's amazing.

II--Jinxii--II

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:11 am
The Kisu
Oh I dig eeeet~

And I would love to help. I love that you made it sort of shallow for some reason, and weren't lazy at all when it came to the water. xD That's amazing.
I'm starting to think that I should link to the psd-file somehow. ^^
I'll do that now. 3nodding

[Click here for DeviantArt gallery]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 am
Doo eeet.  

II--Jinxii--II

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:41 am
The Kisu
Doo eeet.
Done! ^^

[Click here for DeviantArt gallery]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 am
That's is so wonderful... what program you are using? So detailed, so nice! smile  

Lokhen

Vireo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:27 am
Pretty cool effect there  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 am
Lokhen
That's is so wonderful... what program you are using? So detailed, so nice! smile
PhotoShop all the way through. There's a lot of filters going on in this one, especially "difference clouds".  

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

Tempestiel
Crew

Lonely Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am
Vireo
Pretty cool effect there
Thank you!  
HOME.

Manage Your Items