0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
wow this poll is biased!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:21 pm
There's a documentary on MSNBC about kids and firearms. I believe it is called Locked and Loaded. It comes on Sunday, March 22 at 10pm Eastern

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036750/

You have to look for it, but there are some previews. Well, we'll see how this goes. I don't watch MSNBC, so I have no idea if they are going to try to put a swing on this or what.

Also, for those who watched the videos, anyone notice a shitload of (read: only saw) full auto weapons?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 pm
I predict quietly anti-gun bias.

Too many times did the press claim to be neutral in matters like this only to spout social norm pseudo phycology in the form of community norms. They'll make it seem that owning guns and parents supporting training their children to use guns is abnormal. If not overtly then in the tone of the dialog and questions they'll ask.

I don't take cable, so I won't be watching.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:42 am
Huh...
They said that the AK was capable of firing 600 rpm. That is true if it was full auto which, I'm pretty sure it's not.

Hmm...
the last video with the 8 year old in that 'family tradition' video.
That added info at the end was kind of... yeah.

I'm just going to nitpick.
I don't believe they really emphasised the children learning about guns for their safety, so that they know what to do, and what not to do, if they run into one somehow.

I wonder if I do get MSNBC.
I think we do, before we didn't for some reason.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:51 am
Floyd
I predict quietly anti-gun bias.

Too many times did the press claim to be neutral in matters like this only to spout social norm pseudo phycology in the form of community norms. They'll make it seem that owning guns and parents supporting training their children to use guns is abnormal. If not overtly then in the tone of the dialog and questions they'll ask.

I don't take cable, so I won't be watching.

Unfortuneately, that's the way I took it. First scene was a kid shooting a 9mm uzi, and we probably think back to when that kid shot himself. Next, the family they used had 9 kids. Nothing specificly wrong with that, but after the octuplet mom ordeal; plus it is outside the average family size.

@Ober: The only reason I saw the preview at all was because I hit the channel up button instead of the volume xd Other than that, I never really watched MSNBC.  

Man of the Demoneye

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:03 pm
Yeah, only networks that I watch in any length are; Scifi, history, BBCA, Animal Planet, Discovery, IFC, Cartoon network and some of the local channels when they have something good on.

Too bad BBCA doesn't play more Monty Python.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games