Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Yay! Yay! yay! ~*~ Now with pictures! Very large

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:47 pm
I wont have pictures until tomorrow but...
YAY! YAY! YAY!

I got a Swiss k31 today!
Yay!
Desu?

OK... now that I'm calm...er, yes I got a Swiss K31 today for $195, a considerably good deal considering the asking price of online C&R dealers.

Coolness!
Going for $395 on Simpsonltd and 219.95 at Samco!
Cool deal!

Rifling looks fine, bore isn't pitted nice and shiny.

The metal is worn and stock has dents, it's all matching right down to the magazine! Epic!

I haven't checked the date on it ... not sure how but I'll find out soon!

Found it by the serial. 1943.

Ammo is gonna suck.
120 rounds for... 62.97
Compared to the 800 rounds of 7.62 Tok I got for little more that's... terrible.

--------------

Picture 1

Picture 2  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:09 pm
******** YOU.

For the ammo, you need to think about it. MOST of it is Swiss surplus, understandably. Well, AFAIK. It's supposed to be some of the most consistent, accurate, and high-grade surplus available. It's supposed to damn near match-grade, even in wartime production, and one of the most accurate milsurps available.  

uryu ishida

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:23 pm
Now you know why you got the gun at fire sale pricing.

Get the razor for free, pay to the hilt for the blades.

Still, it's a fine precision bolt action rifle and should serve your whole life without complaint. Just keep your eyes open for ammo and save for the day when you can bulk up on inventory.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:53 am
uryu ishida
STFU. You're not allowed to complain. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:32 am
Yeah, about $70 for 120 rounds.
A considerably smaller margin than what I paid for my Tokarev ammo.
But you know, it's worth it for the accuracy. Also, hunting ammo is $17 for 20 rounds. :/
It's considerably cheaper.

Sportsmans used to have the clips for them for cheap but now it's 3 for $20.
Gay.
I looked up some of the webbing for the rifle and a full set, belt, pouches and bayonet with frog is, on one listing, going for $150.

Seen other bayonets in 'mint' condition going for the same price. Me, I'd like to get a bayonet that matches the rifle, worn but not abused.

Oh! I forgot to tell you!

It had a tag from the person it was issued to!
Meier Robert!
Hopefully I find out how I could contact the person, heard of others that contacted and got the history of the rifle, that'd be sweet if I could do that.
But... hopefully I'm not too late considering the rifle is from 1943.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:44 am
OberFeldwebel
But you know, it's worth it for the accuracy. Also, hunting ammo is $17 for 20 rounds. :/

Gay.
I looked up some of the webbing for the rifle and a full set, belt, pouches and bayonet with frog is, on one listing, going for $150.

Seen other bayonets in 'mint' condition going for the same price. Me, I'd like to get a bayonet that matches the rifle, worn but not abused.

Meier Robert!
Hopefully I find out how I could contact the person, heard of others that contacted and got the history of the rifle, that'd be sweet if I could do that.
I just did a quick google search for that name, and came up with a list of "English-speaking Swiss attorneys". Unfortunately, that Robert Meier was born in '56, but there was another name on the list... "Walter Koenig" xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Gay.

Meier Robert!
I just did a quick google search for that name, and came up with a list of "English-speaking Swiss attorneys". Unfortunately, that Robert Meier was born in '56, but there was another name on the list... "Walter Koenig" xd

Hmm...

It's possible that the rifle was reissued later on I suppose.

I was looking up the ammunition, and it's comparable to .308.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Gay.

Meier Robert!

Hmm...

Naah, I doubt they were still using the K31 in 1972. That's into the era of modern weaponry for most developed countries. Wikipedia says that was the age of the SIG SG540 assault rifle in Switzerland.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Gay.

Meier Robert!

Hmm...

Naah, I doubt they were still using the K31 in 1972. That's into the era of modern weaponry for most developed countries. Wikipedia says that was the age of the SIG SG540 assault rifle in Switzerland.

The GP11 stock of ammunition was found in the '80s.

... some people have been getting ammo dated from '78.
It may be nearing the end.
SHOULD BUY NOW!
gonk  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas