Reply Multimedia
Twilight Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:14 pm
The books, the movies, the popularity. Give your thoughts on this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 pm
I don't like the books. I know she was writing them for teenagers, but the writing just sucks. And Bella annoys me. >_<;;

But I love the idea of a vampire falling in love with his human prey. No matter how many times it's been done.

As for the movie, the directing sucked. But I still plan on buying it.

therealkarity

Fashionable Genius

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

archangelry71

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:46 pm
the books r good but movie was ok left most of book out of it  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:51 pm
If I was a teenage girl I would probably love it, but I'm not, so I couldn't care less. However, I really hope this fad ends soon.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:05 pm
Well, considering that Stephenie Meyer received a degree in English Lit, she probably would've made a good literary analyst, if not a writer.

However, she did say that she never took any college-level writing classes, and with Twilight it really shows.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 pm
User Image

I love the books not the movie.
It sucks d**k stressed

RAWRiwantmyCOOKI

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 pm
The books are written alright. The concept of a vampire and a human is pretty appealing...but I absolutely hate Meyer's version of vampires. I much prefer fangs and no sparkling...it makes me think a little girl in a pink tutu got ahold of the concept of vampires.

The movie is alright, although it leaves out some things. The ballet studio scene was nicely done though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 pm
I never had any interest in reading what is clearly a teen romance, and now I just wish the fad would DIE! Still it's nice to know that I was completly right about what it is.  

Diana Ishtar

MissHorrorstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:45 pm
The books were alright but not my favorite, the Anne Rice and Anne Blake vampire series were much better. As for the movie, it could have been better and Edward could have been played by someone a bit better looking.
I just hope the whole Twilight fad will go away very very soon. It's quite annoying, you can't go anywhere without seeing Edwards face plastered on something.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:24 pm
I don't intend on reading the books, I'm not a reader of fiction nevermind teen novels. I got to see the movie for free while I was in an emotional shlump and it atleast made me feel better in some odd way. So the movie was alright I feel, Ive definatly seen worse.  

AbsintheGorgon

Xx_Pandavik_xX

Hallowed Lover

15,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm
I actually love the books but at times it just drags on and on. Yet I would like to quote what someone saaid on the first page, " I just love the idea of a vampire falling in love with their pray. No matter how used it is."
The movie was good but i feel they left out some good parts of the book from it. Yet I still plan on getting it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 pm
My boyfriend asked me what they were about, thinking since I was a girl and read a lot I'd know.
I have no ******** clue.
Sparkly vampires, or some sh*t.
They seem a bit... er... below my age level, should I say.
Even though I love a lot of books below my age level.
They just seem dumb.  

mechanical kitsy

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 pm
I hate them with an almost comical passion.
It was a rare case of the movie being better than the book, in the movie you got almost no of Maeyer's terrible prose, and best of all, it was shorter than reading the book.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:14 pm
When i'm walking, I strut my stuff, I am so strung out.

I hate the books, the movie, and every annoying piece of bullshit about it. I know everyone loves it, but I dare to be different. It's just so stupid.

I'm high as a kite, and I just might, stop to check you out.

Taste like Diiick

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm
Dude, the books were great until Breaking Dawn appeared.

As for the movie... I have never seen shittier acting in a box office movie than this. I mean, WOW. Talk about deadpan.

Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff