Swift learner: Help or hindrance? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 pm
You know the perk I mean, an extra 10% of Exp whenever you do anything to earn it.

I don't really see it as being any use, and that it takes up a spot for what could be a really useful perk, that's a complete waste.

I mean, why bother? Unless you're railroading the main storyline quest you'll be level 20 long before you reach the memorial at endgame. Not when you could have something genuinely useful, like an extra S.P.E.C.I.A.L. point.

Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:20 pm
I dont get any skill raising perks, since they are just a waste. especially for my character whose skills will all be 100 soon, after i find all the books sweatdrop  

mmmmmtoast
Crew

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm
I felt it was pretty useful. Once I had it maxed out (30% extra exp), I felt like it gave me more of a reason to go after bigger and tougher enemies. I did max out really early, mostly because I did a majority of the side quests before getting into the story. I want to play through again, and this time I might save the points, but since I really needed Small Guns points, I can't really say I regret anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm
I think it's a hinderance... sure you level up faster, quicker perks...
But you breeze through almost, even with just a 10% boost.
rent a room and sleep, when you're well rested it's about the same and lasts a long time.

I don't use it because I take things slow  

Mr Chatterbox

hirationugget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:49 pm
I had a point in it just so that i could get to 20 faster, but i guess it is kind of a waste.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:23 pm
There's really no rush to get to level 20 if you go through the whole game you might now even be focused on on level your on  

GreenTigerr

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Teh-Gurt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:44 am
Hindrance. Theres more than enough content to get to level 20.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:59 am
Well I see it like this:

It's not very good at all because certain perks need a set amount of charisma etc.. and leveling up fast only gets you nowhere because if you do not have the set amount you are just going to get the same perks, and no new ones. Its better to take things slow and make sure you have the necesary points to get the perk you really want.

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

Blades Of Null

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 am
Succubus_Lady
You know the perk I mean, an extra 10% of Exp whenever you do anything to earn it.

I don't really see it as being any use, and that it takes up a spot for what could be a really useful perk, that's a complete waste.

I mean, why bother? Unless you're railroading the main storyline quest you'll be level 20 long before you reach the memorial at endgame. Not when you could have something genuinely useful, like an extra S.P.E.C.I.A.L. point.

Your thoughts?
I only get or use perks that are useful throughout the game duch as robotics expert and never become worthless such as what you stated  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm
i find it helpfull and a hinderance you have both visa versa problems with it, like you can rank up faster (most people like that) where you can move your chrisma fast and get your perk if you are looking for a specific one (im chasing after that cannible one XP apart from that the tag perk XP XD) the down fall is that the game becomes worthless if you gep getting that perk, ( Damn ******** noobs -.- )  

captin albert wesker

Basatai

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:20 am
It's a help for the new player who picked up Fallout 3 and decided to play it. It's more of a learning curve than it is a helpful Perk in-game. First time through, I picked it up, because of that factor: I didn't know what the hell to expect.

After maybe two files, I never picked it up again. I found it really...shortened...the game in a small way. Everything became too easy and things never 'got outta hand.'

I do tend to pick up Daddy's Boy/Daddy's Girl at the start though. >.>
I really hate Science/Hacking challenges....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:42 pm
I don't know, extra s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s technically don't matter by the time you get almost perfect anyway. If you work the points right at the beginning of the game, take advantages of certain perks and skills, along with the bobbleheads your pretty set honestly. In essence, you could choose not to advance in your s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s, hold off on on special bobbleheads, and by the time you reach level 30 - activate almost perfect and retrieve all bobbleheads. Bing, bang, bongo - 10 in all s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s.

Hell you can even grab the strength or perception bobblehead, and still end up with 10 in all - because the grayditch quest will add a point to either strength or perception in your s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s.

I see swift learner as an optional, depends on how you want to play the game and how fast you want to level. The perks that I honestly think are a waste, are the skill oriented perks, since by level 30 if your not maxed (which is rare) there are books you can read to advance these. Along with bobbleheads and quests, items and such. The only reason they should ever be used, is if you didn't rationalize your s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s in the game start.

Too each his or her own, that's what I say.  

Little Hatsuko

Romantic Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bang Bang Kitty Lincon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 pm
I never thought about it really but I do guess your right. If your new to that type of games then perhaps it would be helpfull, but otherwise it is a waste of an upgrade.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:05 pm
TypeFace
I never thought about it really but I do guess your right. If your new to that type of games then perhaps it would be helpfull, but otherwise it is a waste of an upgrade.
Not really, all its doing is making you deprive yourself of USEFUL traits. Like animal friend, or adamanteum skeleton an the like.  

Ser Martyr

Super Streaker

9,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:48 pm
It depends, with the Broken Steel add on jumping the levels up to 30 it can help you get up to those higher levels faster. I'm working on a game right now where I'm pouring all my Perks into the Special points, simply to see how well I can do with fewer actual helpful perks. To see how much they actually help out. I might pick up Swift Learner on that game simply to waste a Perk slot when I max out my Special points.

signed depends on how fast you want to level up really.
Zylo the Wolfbane  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces