Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Special Gifts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otka Blazefox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:36 pm
I know people have special gifts like seeing spirits and stuff. Im not sure if this a gift or not but my gift is I can tell when people are hurt or upset when they dont show or express it. So tell me whats your gift.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:34 pm
JayXis
I know people have special gifts like seeing spirits and stuff. Im not sure if this a gift or not but my gift is I can tell when people are hurt or upset when they dont show or express it. So tell me whats your gift.

One man's gift is another man's curse.

What you've got is called empathy. Every person has it, to greater or lesser degrees. It's part of being human.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:56 pm
I'm good at sensing and changing emotions if this is the kind of thing you mean. and i can see when something's wrong and they don't show it. Nothing big really. Happens to me all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:58 pm
I guess your right every gift has its draw backs. Just curious do you have a gift Morgandria?  

Otka Blazefox

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm
JayXis
I guess your right every gift has its draw backs. Just curious do you have a gift Morgandria?

No. I have skills and abilities.

I dislike the term "gift", as it carries with it a connotation that a person is better, or more special, than others for having a particular skill or ability. I am no better or worse than anyone else for being able to do certain things (or not being able to do others).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 pm
Morgandria may be right about the term "gift". Maybe the words "different abilities" cover it, but doesn't sound bragging. And everything in life has at least one drawback. Like mine, the people i don't like much can make me feel how they do. Or if i wanted to i could manipulate them. i don't want to, but sometimes it's hard to stop yourself.
The worst drawback anything can have, however, is the fact that you can't control it. control is important. especially with things like that.  

wiccan of the moon

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 pm
User Image I have more than one ability, it makes e feel kind of selfish. I can see ghosts, sense when someone walks into the house I'm in (and who it is), and I have strong empathy to animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:11 am
I have a few... I can sense anyone around me, even through walls, i have dreams that are like premonitions, though not sure if their called that, and i naturally mezmerize children and animals. not after they learn to speak well though. dont know why. the children i mean. the animals still love me though.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

raging-earth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 am
I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go all I've held onto...

I don't really consider my abilities special or anything. My abilities mostly range around communicating with trees and animals. I can also sense, see, and for the most part communicate with the Fey. I have yet to determine whether that is me being sensitive to the Fey's plane of existence overlapping our own, or me being sensitive to just them.

When I was younger, I used to be able to pick up emotions and thoughts through physically touching other people. I haven't been able to do so since I was diagnosed with bipolar and psychosis and thus given medication for it. So for all I know, that could be more a hallucination instead of an ability.

...I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 am
I can almost feel things without touching them and have been gifted with extremely good visualization (Helps a lot on meditation), and I don't know what It counts for, but I'm very sensitive to feeling energy.  

IceQueenMizore

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:33 pm
Interesting thread.
I see the point of not calling abilities 'gifts.' Some people work very hard to develop an added 'sense' or awareness. As a larger culture perhaps too much is made of supposed 'innate talent' as opposed to honed skills.

I'm a diviner. Almost always I use tools. Sometimes I am very good but with the answers to questions you ask may come information that you didn't want to look at and answers no one wants to hear. You learn to be careful.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 pm
When I think of something happening it usually does. I can also somehow connect my mind with my grandmother's who is the cloest person to me. Sometime i know when a person has died. For example, when my grandfather died i saw it in my mind and told my dad, few mins later my grandmother called to tell us my grandfather had stopped breathing in his sleep. Also when my aunt died, i turned to my mom and said "wilma's gone" a sec later the hospital called us and told us she had stopped breathing and asked us to come there. I have several other stories but im sure you get what im saying 3nodding  

meow_musicbox

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 pm
I worked very hard for my abilities and still practice everyday to make myself stronger.

Even through all that, I don't have as much as I'd like. I have empathy and awake projection that people do without even noticing. I can pick up little bits and peices of people when I focus on them and a few other simple things... I'd really like to learn to communicate with spirits without the help of automatic writing or the swing of a crystal pendulum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:57 am
According to my psychic test I'm a clairvoyant/Medium with some telepathy and remote viewing.

I say I'm a clairvoyant/psychometrist.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Chrysanthemum Trifecta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:15 am
Not really sure this counts as an ability but I can tell who is a not so nice person. For example: My older sister was trying to get me with one of her friends and I got a bad feeling around him so I told her I didn't like him. She ended up dating him but he beat her once or twice(I don't really know) and she left him. I felt kinda bad for having been right about him but she is still his friend, but I knew she really liked him.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games