Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Ebony aliens in a watery neighborhood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 am
Okay, so here's the story: I had The Sims 2 installed on both my mom's computer and my own. We couldn't both play it at once since it requires the CD to play so I figured might as well just delete it from my computer and put my favorite neighborhood on hers. I did just that. Unfortunately, when I did there where a few problems: several of the college graduates no longer had 6 wants instead of 4, which pissed me off, the Downtown area went from dirt to... water, and all the aliens turned black (not African black, I mean charcoal black). The ground pattern and skin color were both custom content that my mom downloaded (she's addicted to ModTheSims2.com). Anyone have any idea how the heck that happened and how I could possibly fix it?

User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm
She must have a default replacement installed for the alien skintone. The only way to fix them is to remove it.

You can get your extra want slots back by using the 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' cheat to put the game in debug mode where you can spawn the SimModder (looks like a baby statue) which has the option to add want slots.

As for the terrain I'm not sure. Sounds like another default replacement file though.

I'll move this into the Q&A as well cos it really suits that forum better.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Eienchi

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:16 am
I won't lie. That sucks
But looks really cool!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:03 pm
Huh. O.O XD That's pretty cool! But no, I'm sorry I don't know how to fix it.. User Image

Though, I do know a way you can play on both computers at the same time!!! The computer only needs the CD to start up the game, so once the game starts loading, take the CD out, and put it in the other computer, start that up, and tadaaa!! It works out perfectly =] And your playing it on both computers. ^.^

I've figured this out my self, and I've seen people show people on you tube, look it up/try it if you don't believe me >.<  

Fairee Lumineuse

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items