Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Jiffy Loom

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard of this thing?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 am
This device sem to be pretty old. It's used for weaving squares of fabric. Problem is, I now have a 4 inch square of fuzzyness That I have no idea what to do with. Nor do I have an idea what to make if I weave more squares. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:30 pm
perhaps something patchwork?  

pink piskie princess

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm
My family has suggested making enough square for either a scarf or a blanket, but I think the material's too thin for a blanket (although it is really soft. mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am
Perhaps you could make enough squares to make a blanket, then sew the squares to a stronger sheet of fabric, such as fleece, to strengthen it? Just a thought. sweatdrop  

Aranka Taine

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm
I had some sort of small loom to make potholders. Not sure it was a Jiffy Loom.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 am
I think I know what kind of loom you mean. Plastic, and you use loops of fabric that kind of resemble cut up nylons? Similar but different. (Although the potholders do come in handy. smile ))

Anyways, the blanket idea's starting to grow on me. Last night, I had a dream that my fuzzy square was big enough to cover me. And then I remembered that it's only 4" by 4".  

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces