Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:41 pm
Title says it all.

What happens when someone with a carry conceal confronts a robber in a crowded BK? Read on, true believers!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/966133.html  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:49 pm
Glad to hear the hero wasn't killed.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:57 pm
see? This is how guns should work.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 pm
emotion_facepalm

look at the replies down below.

Good thing the hero didn't die!  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 pm
OberFeldwebel
emotion_facepalm

Quote:

KRW wrote on 03/25/2009 11:37:15 PM:

To the gentleman who risked his life to protect others. Thank You.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to prepare yourself.
Thank you for being prepared even while you were in Burger King.
Thank you for putting the safety and well being of your family and friends above your own.
Thank you for taking a bullet for our children.
Thank you for preventing this violent criminal from threatening the life of anyone else.
Finally, thank you for doing what most of us could not.

Although the days ahead may seem unfairly difficult, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Get well soon.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote:
Shemcreek wrote on 03/25/2009 10:25:49 PM:

I have carried a firearm legally for six years and I still remember the extensive topic of stray bullets covered by my concealed weapons instructor.If you draw and use a weapon in a shootout,you have to account for every round fired.A permit holder has an extensive array of laws to abide by and a terrible responsability to make the right decisions in a split second.In the above mentioned article It must be safe to assume that the robber had his weapon trained on the customer before the customer pulled and fired.In my opinion the customer had two choices,shoot or die.I am glad the customer is not dead or any other innocent person didnt suffer at the hands of this violent criminal.

At least not all of them are total idiots.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
emotion_facepalm

Quote:

Thank you for putting the safety and well being of your family and friends above your own.
Thank you for preventing this violent criminal from threatening the life of anyone else.

Although the days ahead may seem unfairly difficult, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Get well soon.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote:

I have carried a firearm legally for six years and I still remember the extensive topic of stray bullets covered by my concealed weapons instructor.If you draw and use a weapon in a shootout,you have to account for every round fired.A permit holder has an extensive array of laws to abide by and a terrible responsability to make the right decisions in a split second.In the above mentioned article It must be safe to assume that the robber had his weapon trained on the customer before the customer pulled and fired.In my opinion the customer had two choices,shoot or die.I am glad the customer is not dead or any other innocent person didnt suffer at the hands of this violent criminal.

Yeah I saw a few good ones.

What legal trouble could someone get in if they shot the would be robber without confronting them?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 am
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
emotion_facepalm

Quote:

Get well soon.

Quote:

Yeah I saw a few good ones.

What legal trouble could someone get in if they shot the would be robber without confronting them?
If the guy's waving a gun around and threatening random people in a Burger King? Not much. It's pretty obvious at that point the guy's dangerous and is very likely to hurt SOMEONE, if not you specifically.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:21 pm
I think this was a case of shoot first, argue later. The moment the guy has his back to you, put your gun to the back of his head and give him one warning.

If he hadnt 'argued' and just put the guy down, he wouldnt be in the hospital

ill give him credit though, it sounds like he took the guy down with one shot

even more credit for taking all of those shots in return  

Anima_Raptor

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 pm
Given how the media works the hero probably would have been villanized if that happened anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 am
Anima_Raptor
I think this was a case of shoot first, argue later. The moment the guy has his back to you, put your gun to the back of his head and give him one warning.

If I get an opening like that I'm pulling and putting two in his head.

That is if he is waving a gun or any kind of weapon around.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff