Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Barely alert before falling asleep. Do you...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard about this?
  Yes, but I've never experienced it.
  Yes, and I, too, experience this.
  No, but it sounds interesting!
  No, that's retarted.
View Results

xOx KiZA xOx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:49 am
...subconsciously seem to pick up on other people's conversations? It's almost like you're walking through numerous small groups of people and picking up bits of conversations, jokes, and people laughing & having a great time along the way, but you're actually not moving because you're almost asleep and no one's home. Unfortunately, by the time you realize that it's happening and try to pay attention, you wake up and the conversations disappear!

So, this happens to me everynight before I go to bed, and it's not like they are voices in my head because it literally IS like I'm walking through a crowd of people who are just living their own lives!

I think that it may be something like...passing through an astral plane before fully becoming unconscious.

Does anyone else have this? I'd love to talk about it!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:18 am
i've never expirienced something like that, its interesting though.  

Aryain Flames

Freyis

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:29 pm
When I was younger (it hasn't happened to me since about the 6th grade and I'm a junior in high school now) I would start to doze off and get to that point where my body seems to be asleep but I'm still slightly aware of my surroundings and I would hear whispering. Not like someone was trying to be quiet more like it was in another room and they were talking at normal level and I could hear them murmuring. Sometimes it was louder sometimes I had no idea what they were saying it was just an indistinct jumble of words that I couldn't quite make out. They (whoever or whatever it was) would talk about everyday life sometimes or sometimes it was just one person and they seemed to be talking to me although I could never reply.

At first I thought it wasn't real. I was convinced I was hearing things but after awhile I was able to control somewhat when I could hear it (although I still had to be in that dozing stage to do it).

I can't control it all anymore and it hasn't happened on it's own in such a long time I'm not sure it can even happen anymore but I wish I could hear it again. The voices were always a comfort to me even though I couldn't understand them at times.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:55 pm
♪♪ boycott love...

I've never experienced that myself, but my best friend does. She calls it tapping into the Universal Consciousness. It doesn't happen to her often, only a few times a year. When she was younger it happened every night.

...detox just to retox ♫♫

raging-earth

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:43 am
It happens to me all the time, but not in that manner. Usually right before I fall asleep when I'm in that in-between state I find myself seeing different things and being in different places as if I'm already dreaming, but I'm still awake. Kind of odd at first, but I'm not sure why that happens.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:15 pm
yes now and then, but for me its more like people trying to talk to me calling my name and saying strange things to me.  

darkdagers

`Blaise

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm
i get it now and then. but i don't have to be asleep. it just has to be quiet and at night.

my ex boyfriend was very spiritually attuned and said there was a ghost in my house, and our phone conversations were interrupted on numerous occasions by various people talking nonsense or addressing us by name. we weren't picking up other people's phone calls. it was so weird!

i'm going to bet that the phone was an amplifier for the voices i've been hearing. that makes the most sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:21 pm
That has happened to me before, then I jerk awake and nothing...

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm
I've experienced this to an extent.

This has only happened once. But I was laying in bed, going to sleep I was laying on my side and out of no where it felt like someone had grabbed my head and had their mouth to my ear, as if to whisper something. I thought I was imagining things and I shook my head but the feeling didn't go away. After like 30 seconds I heard someone clearly whisper my name. I froze, breath caught short and I strained to hear something else. Then I heard laughter and the feeling went away. I don't know who it was or anything.

Also, this has happened as long as I can remember and it still frequently happens. When I'm alone and it's fairly quiet, wide awake or falling asleep. I'll hear voices. The voices sound familiar, almost like a conversation I had or heard is being replayed in my head. But no matter how hard I try I can never make out what they say. It usually goes on for a few minutes. I have no idea why or what it is.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:38 pm
Sorta. When I'm around people, or I walk in on a group of people, I'll say something that is a comment to a conversation either they're thinking or what they've said and what I haven't heard.

Generally, before falling asleep, I feel like I'm floating and feel everything grow dark, and switch between light and dark before I just float off. A friend of mine that sees auras has said when she sees me sleeping my aura appears a dark gray as opposed to the normal purple/white it is, which is weird since she normally views gray as the color of the sick or dead/dying, and I'm healthy. Though, she said it was a different shade of gray than that color, which makes no sense to me.  

Orchidsandfractals

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff