Reply Multimedia
The Crow Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:23 pm
Who else is just totally in love with this movie?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 pm
I liked all the crow movies a prity good bit my self. Would have to say they are on my list of fav movies.  

Spike23080

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:43 am
Lord Delacroix666
I liked all the crow movies a prity good bit my self. Would have to say they are on my list of fav movies.
Even 2 and 4? I mean come on... 2 was like one of the worst films ever and in 4 the crow is a fat emo kid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm
Rellik San
Lord Delacroix666
Even 2 and 4? I mean come on... 2 was like one of the worst films ever and in 4 the crow is a fat emo kid.

Well I thought I seen them all but I gess I dint see 4, never seen a fat emo kid xd  

Spike23080

Holy Demon 1313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:42 pm
i love the crow but i have only seen the 1st and 2nd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:27 am
Easily one of the most overrated movies of the 90's.
If it hadn't killed Brandon Lee, it would have gone completely unnoticed.  

Metranil Vavin

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:51 am
Rellik San
Lord Delacroix666

Despite its flaws, I'm a fan of 2. 4 just makes me hate Edward Furlong even more. The original Crow is my favorite, but I adore the comic as well. I think James O'Barr is a very poetic writer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:40 am
Metranil Vavin
Easily one of the most overrated movies of the 90's.
If it hadn't killed Brandon Lee, it would have gone completely unnoticed.
You can say exactly the same thing about Dark Knight though. Its a good film on its own merits, the Lee myth just helped it along a little, most people who have seen it, were the people that would see it anyway.  

Rellik San
Crew

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm
I've seen the 1st one and loved it, I treid watching the second and I couldn't get myself past the first half

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm
How ******** cliche'. Whatever though.

Anyway, the first one is hands down the only good one.

Merits for two: Vincent Perez plays the Crow and Iggy Pop makes an appearance.

Merits for three: None.

Merits for four: Who cares. I didn't bother to see the piece of s**t because I hated 2 and 3.

Suck it.

MortSanglant

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 am
MortSanglant
How ******** cliche'. Whatever though.

Anyway, the first one is hands down the only good one.

Merits for two: Vincent Perez plays the Crow and Iggy Pop makes an appearance. Also, the Yellow Ranger. ninja

Merits for three: None.

Merits for four: Who cares. I didn't bother to see the piece of s**t because I hated 2 and 3. David Boreanaz(or however the ******** you spell it) as a devil-worshipping/possessed redneck, and Asian cowboy, and Tara Reid losing her eyes. Granted, I didn't say they were particularly good merits.

Suck it.
What's your point on the cliches? s**t, this whole subculture revolves around cliches.

Even then, as far as the first one goes, while being incredibly good, I felt the comic's story was generally stronger.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
I read the graphic novel before I saw the movie.
I ******** hated the movie as a result

It isn't even Goth, the main character in both instances is just ******** crazy
SPOILER: I particularly liked that in the graphic novel Eric Draven never actually died when his fiance was killed. He just went into a coma, and instead of being magic he's just juiced up on a lot of morphine.

O'barr's The Crow was fantastic, the movie was lackluster ("Oh you're goth? I bet The Crow is your favorite movie")

neutral

And it was still better than the rest of them.  

Xahmen

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 pm
Pretty much my case as well, Zahmen. I especially hate what they did with Funboy in the movie(probably the thing I hated most about it), that and the Skull Cowboy's absence.
But a lot of goths seem to relate for no other reason than because most of the chapters are named after Joy Division songs; I, personally, don't see the connection.

Personally, I'd like to see the "Waking Nightmares" limited get turned into a movie. Aside from Eric Draven, Mark Leung is definitely one of my favorite(and, I dare say, one of the most interesting) Crows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 am
Cliche? Well, I personally have a strong dislike for "Queen of the Damned", so I guess it's whatever a person's personal tastes are.... I love the first The Crow movie, all the ones after the first one however I don't think were that good at all. The comic is also amazing, and I personally think the first movie lives up to it rather well. As for it would not have been a success unless he died, I have to disagree. The comic was already popular (yes, among black clads even) before the movie came out. Sadly, the mainstream public was thus much more involved due to the movie and hollywood news, so even today, you will find some posers and others of this kind dressing up as the freekin' main character at everything from Marilyn Manson concerts to the local gothy club.
((Btw, I firmly believe MM is metal, not goth... and I personally don't like his music very much, but whatever. Alice Cooper is way better, but that is beside the point.))

((And I am very, very sad to admit this... but The Crow is my favorite movie sweatdrop sweatdrop even if I was not black-clad, this would be the truth, I am very, very sure.))  

Angel of the End

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 am
Angel of the End

((Btw, I firmly believe MM is metal, not goth))
There's no belief involved. MM was never goth. :/

Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces