Welcome to Gaia! ::

Written Words

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for writers, this is where you can post your stories, no matter what they're about. 

Tags: Writing, Romance, Horror, Story, Stories 

Reply Stories
Riding The Wind ~By PLASTIC_poptartz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Plastic Poptart

Liberal Nerd

10,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm
CHAPTER ONE.

Emma twirled around in the flower meadow. Daffodils, sunflowers, zinnias, and tons of other flowers surrounded her in their sweet and delicate scent that hugged her nose. She breathed in with admiration. Their colors looked like a pastel painting she would have in her room, but of course she didn't. "Emma dear? Where have you gone this time." Her step-mother screeched outside. Rolling her eyes, she walked towards the house. Her step-mothers fowl face saw her through the window. "There you are! You're so lazy, go do your chores." She said with a nasty smirk. "But I already did mine, Natalie." She said starting to get more mad. Natalie put on a sour look and stared into her eyes. Taking the towel from the table next to her, she hissed, "Fine." Muttering about how it wasn't fair, she started to wipe the counter off. "Oh, we need to have a talk about boarding school, Emma." Natalie said casually. She stopped wiping the table and nearly yelled, "What?!" She raised her eyebrows and whispered, "What?" instead. "Yes, your going to Looking Glass University for summer." She said. "I mean, like why?" She whispered as her voice wavered. "We aren't discussing it anymore." She said sternly. She pulled her eyebrows together and thought, "What? What was the point of the discussion?" She stalked out of the kitchen and into the yard. "Oh, and you're leaving tomorrow. Go pack!" Natalie's hollers sent her running for her room.

CHAPTER TWO.

The small car's smell made her gag. She shifted to her other hand to hold the suitcases. A second later she passed a stop sign. "Er, Natalie? Shouldn't we be stopping at those?" Emma asked worried. Natalie rolled her eyes and stayed silent. Emma squirmed in her seat uncomfortably. They screeched to a halt in front of a beautiful building that had forest that stretched for miles. It was heaven. Oh and the delicious smell of food drifted lazily towards her hungry nose. Breathing in was like a treat for her. Natalie's face scrunched up in horror. Emma could tell she wasn't expecting the school to be so nice. She grinned. "Okay. I think that's the main office. Bye." Natalie stiffly said to her as she walked to the door. Soon she could hear the car pulling away to the house. Emma pulled the door open and saw a rosy cheeked young woman at the desk. She looked up and saw Emma, then smiled. "Welcome to the Looking Glass University. What is your name?" She asked as her velvety smooth voice soothed her ears. "Emma Andrews." She sighed out and smiled weakly. "You are in dorm #6. You will be sharing a room with..." She paused to look at the chart. "Marie Collins. Here is your schedule. Have a good day." She said sweetly. Walking to the stairs, she quickly came down and said, "Thanks!" Then she zipped through the stairs to find her dorm. Finding a door with a big number 6, she looked at her schedule sheet and on it was a card. She took out the card and put it under the doorknob, searching for a place. She spotted a slit and slid in the card. The door unlocked and opened for her.

(This is just a beginning. I will write the other chapters soon!)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:12 pm
Hmmm, interesting. I can't wait to see what happens. Though I have a request. Can you please space things out? Like, um, I'll get an example from your story:

She pulled her eyebrows together and thought, "What? What was the point of the discussion?"
She stalked out of the kitchen and into the yard.
"Oh, and you're leaving tomorrow. Go pack!"
Natalie's hollers sent her running for her room.

That, please, instead of:

She pulled her eyebrows together and thought, "What? What was the point of the discussion?" She stalked out of the kitchen and into the yard. "Oh, and you're leaving tomorrow. Go pack!" Natalie's hollers sent her running for her room  

Mrs Gey
Captain

The Plastic Poptart

Liberal Nerd

10,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:14 pm
Okay. I'll remember that for the next two chapters. ^^ Oh, by the way, I'll post two chapters every time. Since my school is starting tomorrow. So YEAH!  
Stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games