Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
New Zelda Announced!!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Nintendo has finally announced a new Zelda for the DS (Not the DSI) called Spirit Tracks. It doesn't have a set release date yet, but there are several videos out of gameplay showing the new items and some of the new enemies. This is also Zelda's first real appearance in a DS Zelda. Also, instead of a boat, Link get's a train (Yes, it still has a canon). This game still has the duel screen bosses and you now get to control Phantoms in the single player game. I still don't have any details about multiplayer.

For now, here is the link to the games trailer: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks trailer  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:08 pm
RIDE ON SPIRIT TRAIN! LETS GO INTO THE DUNGEON TO FIND A TRAIN TICKET! WOOT! AWESOME IDEA NINTENDO!  

Harrison Richardson

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:22 pm
Wow... so it's not at all related to the Windwaker branch of the Zelda path?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:18 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Wow... so it's not at all related to the Windwaker branch of the Zelda path?

That would be my guess, it seems to run off of the Minish Cap/ Four Swords storyline.  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:22 pm
I want it to be good... I'm really hoping this is going to be good... And by "good", I don't mean "hey, it was okay, I guess", I mean "WOW! That was amazing!". I dunno how probable that is, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 pm
Probable? Not very. Possible? Entirely.  

nitnit
Captain

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 pm
Saw the trailer just recently... and so far I'm a little more worried since it seems like this is going to be another one of those "meh" zelda games, though there's still room and time for me to be wrong.

In other words, I'll keep an eye out for this one... but at the time being, I'm hardly convinced. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm
Why does he have a train now? neutral

I don't understand the concept. I don't think Zelda is supposed to be based in the 1900s.  

Jonnnn

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:48 pm
Jonnnn

I don't understand the concept. I don't think Zelda is supposed to be based in the 1900s.

You mean the 1800s, I hope. Especially since trains are the number one reason America was able to inhabit the Great Plains.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Jonnnn

You mean the 1800s, I hope. Especially since trains are the number one reason America was able to inhabit the Great Plains.
Yup, you're right.

My mistake.  

Jonnnn

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm
This is how the Ganondorf battle will go:

Link: *1/4 heart left*
Ganondorf: Prepare to DIE!
*charges final blow*
Ganondorf: You die here and no-*ran over by train*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:10 pm
I was hoping for another zelda game like Twilight Princess, but Spirit Tracks still looks pretty awesome  

Gnoud

Gawker

xXRadon572Xx

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:20 am
i'm not sure if it hardly involves phantom hour glass, so i'm guessing its between phantom hour glass and windwaker.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:07 pm
Gnoud XD
I was hoping for another zelda game like Twilight Princess, but Spirit Tracks still looks pretty awesome

I hear we get that next year. Rumors tell of a direct sequel to TP coming out!  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:02 pm
This looks decent, but i woundnt waste my breath in finding how this is related to every other zelda game out there. Looks ok but nothing epic. I still have TP to play so i can see what the praise was all about xD  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff